FTB Release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WESTMANT

Jul 29, 2019
First of all i am excited for the release of FTB LOVE dirwolf20 youtube vids( i think you guys have way to much fun on the server). Next to all of the posters in the thread, you guys want the mods to come out faster, than get a second full-time job and donate all the income for you second job to you fav mod. Then the modder can work on it 24/7 other wise chill the fudge out. and to chicken bones and eloraam thanx for you mods their my fav:)

Reactions: 99Johnsy99

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Good work FTB team, i also see that you kept GT in there, please change some of the config settings to fit the other players, and see if it is a problem or not.

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
Well RP2, EE3 and TC3 will all feature world-gen and they aren't going to be in the pack at launch (unless RP2 is officially released to the public at that time while EE3 and TC3 are still beling developed).
EE3 will not feature any kind of worldgen. Period.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Most of us ok with FTB waiting for redpower. Releasing the pack without redpower shows that the FTB team doesn't have the patience.

I was playing 1.3.2 for quite some time with no redpower, it doesn't mean that much if a single mod is missing. (I must say i tried to make an alloy furnace.)

99Johnsy99

Jul 29, 2019
great job FTB team
im so happy to finally be playing with a mod pack like this where all the modders involved r ok with it
thanks again

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
If Eloraam got the right not to post a single word about release, we have the right to be impatient. She likes to be mysterious, we like to be informed. It's the same matter from two different point of view.

natchu96

Jul 29, 2019
Most of us ok with FTB waiting for redpower. Releasing the pack without redpower shows that the FTB team doesn't have the patience.

They decided long ago that if there were only a small number of stragglers in terms of updating they'd go ahead with the launch first.

Let's hope the fully launched FTB launcher will actually run when I tell it to on this macbook . . . *sigh*

Sparioendernerd

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 is in public alpha, the only reason I can think of for it not being in the initial release is that you get the minium stone to easy in the current version so when it updates and it's harder, you'll already have it and that's OP, also ores and stuff, in thaum craft at least generate after the world so when it updates the ores will just replace some smooth stone, I can't say the same for redpower though. Can't wait for the release of FTB.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
We have no issue with patience but we see no reason to hold the release of the launcher when it's totally finished why not release the launcher so people that want to play without RP can then when RP is done (Maybe not for a long time) the people that want to play with that can

Will we have a standard blockID config, now that the mod pack will be released? I'd hate to reset my world again!
Yes, thats already in the pack!

So pretty much the same pack as we have now? That's a bit disappointing. What major changes to the launcher can we expect?
None, all you have been playing atm is a beta that we use for testing for the launch so basically its like playing a pre-release on minecraft, you dont expect massive changes from pre-release to release

Can the mods suggest how this is supposed to be viable in SMP?
Unfortunately bukkit (or any other server) doesn't have a good solution right now, many of you will be aware of the issues with bukkit mappings slowing down the updates to SMP so we will be releasing FTB for the people that want to use it in SSP or on a private server until something else is available. I would like to stress that this is totally out of the hands of the FTB team, everything on our end is done we are just waiting on other projects to catch up now, if we didn't release now then we would have to wait up to a month or more due to minecraft updates etc.

So just to clear things up:
This is OUR release, our launcher is now ready for release and thus we are releasing it, the fact that one specific mod you want is not in it at this point is not relevant as the pack will be updated to it as soon at it is. The point is all we have done essentially is change the label from beta to release, that doesn't mean you have to start using it or have to start your server right away, this is just us telling the world that FTB is ready when they are.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
So just to clear things up:
This is OUR release, our launcher is now ready for release and thus we are releasing it, the fact that one specific mod you want is not in it at this point is not relevant as the pack will be updated to it as soon at it is. The point is all we have done essentially is change the label from beta to release, that doesn't mean you have to start using it or have to start your server right away, this is just us telling the world that FTB is ready when they are.
Thanks! And good job to the team for getting it this far so quickly!

Theme of the last week (for my husband and I) : not sure if it's a bug, or part of a mod I don't understand.
Great challenge!

D

Deleted member 188

Thank you very much for working so hard on this mod pack, and to all the mod authors who work hard to help us have more fun playing Minecraft.

Reactions: MrZwij

blisf

Jul 29, 2019
We have no issue with patience but we see no reason to hold the release of the launcher when it's totally finished why not release the launcher so people that want to play without RP can then when RP is done (Maybe not for a long time) the people that want to play with that can

Oh. If it's like that you shouldn't write that it's the full release of the modpack, since it's obviously not.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. If it's like that you shouldn't write that it's the full release of the modpack, since it's obviously not.

I think you may have missed the part of the post when I explain that this isn't the full modpack...
We would like to stress that whilst the launcher is now at a standard that we are comfortable launching it. The mod packs that will be distributed with the initial release are interim packs only. As new mods are updated and released to the public these mods will be intergrated into the packs and available to download as soon as is possible. We could have continued to wait, but honestly when loking forwards it could easily have been another month before everything was ready for a complete release of everything. This was a situation that just was not acceptable. It should also be noted that for now, we are only supporting vanilla servers until a viable system for server plugins becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.