FTB Release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquareSocks

Jul 29, 2019
redpower isn't ready yet?!?!? ... well time to learn how to code, and then help eloraam out. Should only take a few years of university. I'll fool around trying to get an art major first, then get into computer science.

BRDman

Jul 29, 2019
With the US and China both getting new leaders this week the world is changing a lot but we can't let them have all the action so we are proud to announce the launch of the official Feed The Beast launcher and modpack!

The launch will be on the 10th of November 2012 (That’s Saturday) at 7pm GMT (11am PST with the stream starting an hour before) the launch will be streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/slowpoke101 with lots of special guests live on stream so be sure to follow to make sure you don’t miss that!

We would like to stress that whilst the launcher is now at a standard that we are comfortable launching it. The mod packs that will be distributed with the initial release are interim packs only. As new mods are updated and released to the public these mods will be intergrated into the packs and available to download as soon as is possible. We could have continued to wait, but honestly when loking forwards it could easily have been another month before everything was ready for a complete release of everything. This was a situation that just was not acceptable. It should also be noted that for now, we are only supporting vanilla servers until a viable system for server plugins becomes available.

The following is a list of some of the mods in the initial release of the modpack we understand that many of your favourite mods may be missing but don’t worry there will be frequent updates as they update to 1.4 and beyond!

Industrial Craft 2
Twilight Forest
Forestry
Mystcraft
Railcraft
Buildcraft
ComputerCraft
Greg tech
Thermal Expansion
Factorization
StevesCarts
MFFS
ExtraBiomesXL
IC2 Nuclear control
Rei's minimap
Advanced machines
Iron Chest
Ender Storage
Advanced solar panels
NEI

We hope that you have lots of fun playing the mod pack and everything else feed the beast has to offer and we hope to see you at the launch!

The FTB Team

Zelden

Jul 29, 2019
Can the mods suggest how this is supposed to be viable in SMP?

I'm hugely enthusiastic about the modpack, I really am. But I can't help but feel dread at the prospect of trying to admin a server of a hundred or so people, without any plugin support, and so many server-crashing items.

I implore you all to reconsider rushing the pack out, and instead spend the time to get it all completely ready. I would rather wait a couple of months for a polished modpack then have to deal with the massive headache that will be admining a FTB server.

I am not alone in this view, I am positive other server admins are facing the same crisis. Please reconsider.

thejoshknight

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the double post, but I saw in the "mod's updated" thread, that EE3 is actually out. Is that just a mistake, or is it actually out?

Maraki

Jul 29, 2019
I'd imagine out, merely cause it's a pre-release, feature incomplete, etcetc. Personally I'm not touching FTB till RP2 is updated and such since yet again, awesome fun-time hear a rumor, find out it's another lie. Believe almost anything ya hear these days though cause never hear anything "official" just seeing teasers on streams and LPs annnnd okay, rant over.

EDIT: Besides, I grabbed a few cheap games to entertain myself in the meantime, and admittedly waking up and just relaxing to a DW20 LP video in the background isn't so bad.

Reactions: Stellastronza

GufNZ

Jul 29, 2019
The countdown timer on the landing page has errors - it's not taking the user's local timezone in to consideration at all, and appears to have 6pm rather than 7pm in it's endDate value.
That makes it be out by 14hours for me here in NZ at GMT+13...

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Can the mods suggest how this is supposed to be viable in SMP?

I'm hugely enthusiastic about the modpack, I really am. But I can't help but feel dread at the prospect of trying to admin a server of a hundred or so people, without any plugin support, and so many server-crashing items.

I implore you all to reconsider rushing the pack out, and instead spend the time to get it all completely ready. I would rather wait a couple of months for a polished modpack then have to deal with the massive headache that will be admining a FTB server.

I am not alone in this view, I am positive other server admins are facing the same crisis. Please reconsider.
Shut down your server for a day or two? Find some plugins that will work? Or manually remove items from the mods?
Or, don't change the server over until you have plugins

Maximuscr31

Jul 29, 2019
You can use simple command mods for basic permissions and slight bit of protection. I have been using them on the beta server with success

acaldra55

Jul 29, 2019
i have a quick question about this since you guys arent releasing the pack without ee3, redpower, thaumcraft and xycraft, arent we going to have to a do a world reset when these packs come out, since they add new ores or crystals into the game? - do know you could always find new chunks. but i would rather have the whole world the same then jumping from chunk to chunk.

Reactions: follumramp

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the plan was to have world-gen mods in first, then include all the other mods. At least, that's what I thought dire said...

Unfortunately, that is not going to be the case. The 3 mods in particular that feature world-gen are RP2, EE3 and TC3. The only way around it is either Mystcraft ages or starting a new world.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
Are you speaking on cold hard facts or speculating?

Well RP2, EE3 and TC3 will all feature world-gen and they aren't going to be in the pack at launch (unless RP2 is officially released to the public at that time while EE3 and TC3 are still beling developed).

Maximuscr31

Jul 29, 2019
So your speculating then. Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully one of the actual developers will respond on how they are going to handle that as that was the main reason slowpoke had said he would have to postpone it unless the mod developers could get a mod in that just generated their ores

Ma77h3hac83r

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! I'ts finally here. Been waiting a long time for this. A lot of hard work has gone into this and I thank the devs for making it possible.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
So your speculating then. Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully one of the actual developers will respond on how they are going to handle that as that was the main reason slowpoke had said he would have to postpone it unless the mod developers could get a mod in that just generated their ores

I was not speculating as what I've said is true. Slowpoke has said himself on a stream that the best way is just to use Mystcraft ages.

Reactions: macks2008
Status
Not open for further replies.