FTB Pack Comparison

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies, I know it is outdated, but does anyone know offhand if the 1.5.2 will be launching with mystcraft 0.10.4 or 0.10.5? 0.10.5 has a fix to the only bug that has ever plagued me in mystcraft (meteor causing server crash)

Best,
Kaine

I believe that there will never be an official 1.5.2 version. Don't quote me on that. Most authors are jumping to 1.6.x and thats when the next official release will be.

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, it's worse than that. MC ships with an out of date JAVA library set. and each time it updates it reverts back to that out of date set.

And boy does it keep doing this. (recent attempt to update downloaded a fresh copy of MC, overwriting the updated Java library again)
I'm glad I keep a copy of the lightweight Java Game library in a safe place.. on external, disconnected storage..

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Guess the official people don't see it as worth their time maybe?

That is not the case at all. None of the current builds for the 1.6.x packs are official.
If you read Eyamaz's tweets, he's said he's waiting for permissions.
My pack (which may or may not be an official pack) is pending TE.
I'm not sure who's in charge of the DW20 pack.

There is no use in putting out an official modlist or spreadsheet if that will change, considering we (those building packs) already know that the list is going to change before final release.

Presently, our time is better spent getting the packs ready than providing tentative/incomplete lists.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
That is not the case at all. None of the current builds for the 1.6.x packs are official.
If you read Eyamaz's tweets, he's said he's waiting for permissions.
My pack (which may or may not be an official pack) is pending TE.
I'm not sure who's in charge of the DW20 pack.

There is no use in putting out an official modlist or spreadsheet if that will change, considering we (those building packs) already know that the list is going to change before final release.

Presently, our time is better spent getting the packs ready than providing tentative/incomplete lists.

I don't know if it is worth going for 1.6 because I have been playing Minecraft 1.7.2 and in it they really fixed lava, it turns off rather rapidly now if you block it off or remove the source block. Plus all of the world-changing stuff they have in there is awesomeness. I'm just going to sit back and wait until the mod authors finally get caught up with the Minecraft 1.7.2 code. It's going to take a while, sure, but there's lots of features in that version that are worth it to me, and that's what I care about.

FYI, if the modpack authors can make a stable 1.6.x release version I might consider playing modpacks with that version, however, in the long term it would still only be temporary.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it is worth going for 1.6 because I have been playing Minecraft 1.7.2 and in it they really fixed lava, it turns off rather rapidly now if you block it off or remove the source block. Plus all of the world-changing stuff they have in there is awesomeness. I'm just going to sit back and wait until the mod authors finally get caught up with the Minecraft 1.7.2 code. It's going to take a while, sure, but there's lots of features in that version that are worth it to me, and that's what I care about.

FYI, if the modpack authors can make a stable 1.6.x release version I might consider playing modpacks with that version, however, in the long term it would still only be temporary.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Considering how long it's expected to take MCP, then Forge, then the mods to update, I wouldn't hold your breath for 1.7 modpacks any time soon.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
According to Direwolf's News ep. 8 yesterday apparently they announced at Minecon that one of the authors of MCP, Sarge was just hired by Mojang. Can anyone out there verify this is the case? If so, I can't help but hope this will speed up MCP updates. Also, since I have no further details I can only hope this will accelerate the API development.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Considering how long it's expected to take MCP, then Forge, then the mods to update, I wouldn't hold your breath for 1.7 modpacks any time soon.

Now that they've hired one of the MCP authors, Serge, this will be a big step in the direction towards making the API work, and hopefully making modpacks and mods a lot easier to process updates for.

What people aren't mentioning here is that the MCP staff will be one down for a bit, they'll have to work extra hard to make that workload lighter! I wish them all the support and help they can get!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Doelloos Verdwaald

Jul 29, 2019
I might update it at some point, although I feel that https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Public Modpack Listings has made this spreadsheet somewhat useless, unless it being in a table is really important

Actually your comparison is far from useless. I am trying to decide on a pack to start on and find myself alt-tabbing between 3 browser windows trying to compare what is/isn't in a pack. When I thought "Sod it I'm opening excel" I remembered your excellent work with the previous packs.

On a side note I find that Monster does not live up to it's name. I am considering downloading the universal config and adding _Everything_ :eek:

Reactions: The Mobius Archives

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019