FTB Pack Comparison

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Changelog for Mindcrack 8.1.1? I've just updated the pack and couldn't find any changelog here. The new layout looks great, but I'm more interested in mod updates :p

runlvlzero

Jul 29, 2019
Bigglesworth, whats your FA account? Lol though I doubt people who label themselves furries and bronies get along as much as you think. You have much to learn about the internet, memes, and the history of Disney cartoons young padawan.

Reactions: Zmaster27

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Indeed, sometimes I feel like I'm watching a holy war. A new show gets popular with some of the net, grows a fan group. The fan group grows into fanatics. Then they cross the event horizon and you get people who'd name themselves after the show (bronies, whovians, trekkers) this is the point where you'd get a convention. I'll pause here to let you get the idea that anything there's a convention for has crossed this line. So, picture these convention sized groups, in continual holy war with other sized convention group. They occupy the web on forra and when a member of one faction brushes with a member of another faction, things get hostile.

Now, sometimes an upstart group will surrender itself into an older group, take a loss of identity to be in a larger fanbase. I doubt that we'll see bronies merge into furs until the show has gone the way of the serenity. It took quite a while for the browncoats to surrender themselves to being just sci-fi fans. Me, I aim to misbehave.

runlvlzero

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, sometimes I feel like I'm watching a holy war. A new show gets popular with some of the net, grows a fan group. The fan group grows into fanatics. Then they cross the event horizon and you get people who'd name themselves after the show (bronies, whovians, trekkers) this is the point where you'd get a convention. I'll pause here to let you get the idea that anything there's a convention for has crossed this line. So, picture these convention sized groups, in continual holy war with other sized convention group. They occupy the web on forra and when a member of one faction brushes with a member of another faction, things get hostile.

Now, sometimes an upstart group will surrender itself into an older group, take a loss of identity to be in a larger fanbase. I doubt that we'll see bronies merge into furs until the show has gone the way of the serenity. It took quite a while for the browncoats to surrender themselves to being just sci-fi fans. Me, I aim to misbehave.

Lol, IcountFrom0. I couldn't have said it better myself. If I had to attribute geopolitical designations to said internet groups. I dunno Furs are ancient, like since geocities, usenet, and bbs, ancient, and have a wide spread demographic. Bronies younger and smaller in a general stereotypical sense, mostly a tumblr cult. Come to think in this case I can't think of any historical empires that fit precisely. But the idea is there, would be funny to see a "World Map" of internet sub-communities based on demographics and relation to each other. You could even include groups like trekkies, and different game and mod communities as cities or small states. Haha... Wow would be like China =P

runlvlzero

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, I saw one of the other ones xkcd did, or something similar back in the day, but that is a good map, pretty accurate, but a little biased towards politics =)

Thanks for the link.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
has slowpoke confirmed anything?

back on topic: I suggest adding on the side if the mod adds worldgen or not.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
has slowpoke confirmed anything?

back on topic: I suggest adding on the side if the mod adds worldgen or not.
Slowpoke has talked about it in the past, and I believe Watchful confirmed it.

That's a great idea; I'll add it when I next update it.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, let's just hope there is no drama when they come over here :p, thanks for letting me know!

Theres already quite a bit of drama in the modding community. I'm not blaming anyone in particular, but both the modders and the people who play them seem to cause more unnecessary drama then the rest of the MC community

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Theres already quite a bit of drama in the modding community. I'm not blaming anyone in particular, but both the modders and the people who play them seem to cause more unnecessary drama then the rest of the MC community

that's what I mean, we have already enough drama arround to get even more now.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
well, Duncan's latest video confirmed the FTB yogscast pack, and the terrafirmacraft website confirmed one also (a modPACK with only 1 mod lol)

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Updated for the beta release of Ultimate. Remember, it is a beta release; mods may change at any time and the pack may be unstable.