FTB Mage Quest {ALPHA} Bug Reports

D

davecr

Mod Pack: FTB Mage Quest
Mod & Version: Mage Quest v1.2.0
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/RQ8Jtqyq
Whats the bug? Game crashes while loading or shortly after loading my world.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

After increasing the memory allowance to 4gb the game was working for a short time, but now it crashes no matter how much memory I allocate.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
It's now throwing every exception type I've ever seen. Guys I think we need to stage an intervention, the pack is on many strange and horrible drugs. XD

No but seriously, Java wants even more memory, which makes no sense unless something is forcibly stealing it all. Siiigh Java, siiigh.
What's your Java version, and is it 32 or 64 bit? Also try taking out Journeymap once to see if that is causing issues.

R

RONOCgem

I just randomly got the mandrake nausea effect and there is no mandrake near me. anyone know how to fix this? i cant get rid of it by dying.

shadow_acccord

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/5YVETTef
Whats the bug? I apparently completed a quest in 'Hedge Magic' but when I click on 'Hedge Magic' to see what quest I've completed the game crashes.
Can it be repeated? Yes

E

Erthan

Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/rKDYSY5r
Hi! Can't get in my world, when it ends downloading terrain crashes, can I do something?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/rKDYSY5r
Hi! Can't get in my world, when it ends downloading terrain crashes, can I do something?
Looks like something is in your Botania runic altar that the game doesn't like. Use MCEdit or similar to delete the altar and see if it works after that.

Z

zunda

Whats the bug? I've created the weak blood orb in the blood magic quest line + bound it but the quest won't progress. This was brought up somewhere else in the thread I think but I couldn't find any posted solution.
Can it be repeated? Yes

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the bug? I've created the weak blood orb in the blood magic quest line + bound it but the quest won't progress. This was brought up somewhere else in the thread I think but I couldn't find any posted solution.
Can it be repeated? Yes

Try updating to 1.3.0 (beta). I reworked a lot of the blood magic quests

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Talismans 2 and Thaumcraft
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
Whats the bug? Can not get research note for Talisman fusion
Can it be repeated? Yes, each and every time
Known Fix: I imagine a quick fix would be to get the name of the research so you could just give it to yourself through a thaumcraft cheat, but either it does not register as a research, or I just do not have the right name for it

I've seen the bug before, and it has been said that an update should fix it, but so far the problem is not fixed, i believe i have the latest version 1.2.0 from the ftb curse launcher(correct me if i am wrong, and please direct me to the latest update, i love this pack). I would really love to unlock everything here, I made an account just because of this pack. Thanks for the help

I can confirm that this problem does indeed still persist in the version 1.2.0, as I just ran into the same problem.

T

Talryk

Has there been any news regarding the strange rendering error associated with the Hedge Mage questline? I still don't know which of the quests is the problem child; I'm unable to even open the HQM book in editor mode without it crashing in that quest set. I first experienced the issue in version 1.2, but it persists through 1.3. Haven't tried older versions as of yet.

On a somewhat related note, is this modpack still seeing any work? I think it's a really great pack with an awesome premise, and I'd hate to see it fade into unstable obscurity.

D

dddmard

Pastebin link to crash log: pastebin.com/0Kgpt91g
Whats the bug? Laptop freezes while forge loads textures.
Can it be repeated? Yes

So I got MacBook Pro early 2011 and the is the first time ever I had a problem with minecraft resulting in my laptop freezing. I'm not sure if my log crash log will give you much data cause I had issues and my laptop got frozen so I had to turn off my laptop (holding power button for 5 seconds) it will restart my laptop after about 15 minutes wait.)
Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited:
B

blacksnipster

For some reason, when I load it up, it works, after a few tries that is, but when I try to create a world, it closes itself, and doesn't leave any trace of the world when I go back on. I'm using the old FTB launcher, and no mod pack works for me, but I couldn't download them on the cursed launcher thing, so I don't know what to do. Please help.

L

LikeASer

Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/1ktRgXi4
Whats the bug? The game crashes when placing blood from necromancy into a blood tank from sanguimancy. I believe that it is a rendering issue because the game is perfectly fine until the world renders. I first encountered this issue in a multiplayer server this leads to me to further proof of the rendering issue because the server remains up even after my client has crashed.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known fix:

Use MC edit to remove the block, or uninstall sanguimancy, load world, then reinstall sanguimancy.

L

LikeASer

Further testing proved that blood is also untextured when put into a thirsty tank (but at least it doesn't crash). I have tested the thirsty tank and the blood tank with every fluid bucket in the pack and it seems that only blood has problems.

L

LikeASer

Mod & Version: Sanguimancy v1.1.9-31
Pastebin & link to crash log: N/A
What's the bug? The Drill of the Dead (Sanguimancy) consumes 75 LP Per Tick as opposed to the 75 LP per operation that it says that it should. Is this intentional or is it just the version of Sanguimancy?

T

TheUglyJames

Mod pack: FTB Mage Quest
Mod & Version: N/A
Pastebin and link to crash log: N/A
What's the bug? I'm randomly getting mouse lag, my computer can run it fine, my mouse works fine.
Known fix? Randomly stops if I'm lucky

J

'Jamtd1

Hi, I started playing Mage quest about two weeks ago. I am really enjoying the pack however, I am finding a few bugs in the mod pack.

The first one is the lack of minecraft potions in the modpack. When I search NEI they don't show up and the brewing stand seems to be effected as you cannot input blaze powder in order to create the potions. You can get the potions from the common treasure but it seems like this is not a reliable process. I am trying to make the flying paste for witchery but cannot get the potion of swiftness.

The second issue is that the maps mod seems to have trouble mapping underground and in the nether in the minimaps and sometimes in the main map.

Really hope you can help this issue. I am really enjoying the pack and dont want to abandon the world due to the potion bug.