FTB Mage Quest {ALPHA} Bug Reports

fullphaser

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack: FTB Mage Quest
Version: 1.1.1
Nature of Bug: Not sure if it's actually a bug, but structure generation appears to be a great deal higher, leading to a lot of super villages and the like being created. Wasn't sure if this was intended behavior.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack: FTB Mage Quest
Version: 1.1.1
Nature of Bug: Not sure if it's actually a bug, but structure generation appears to be a great deal higher, leading to a lot of super villages and the like being created. Wasn't sure if this was intended behavior.
That would be the Witchery villages, so not a bug.

Dallimar

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: FTB Mage Quest
Mod & Version: v1.0.4
Whats the bug? When working on the House Elloria quest "A Basis in Blood", I have crafted the Weak Blood Orb, and have the Orb in my inventory. I've used it, as suggested by the quest log, but when I go into the journal to complete the quest, it isn't detecting that I have the blood orb. I've tried the Manual detect button, but it still fails to find it.
Can it be repeated? I've tried to make the Blood orb more than once with the same result.

Karr

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1, and am playing on a private server with my GF... While she can play just fine, when I log into the server, I'm pretty much locked at 1FPS... I wasn't having this issue in 1.0.4. I've tried lowering my settings, upping/lowering my RAM, modifying Java flags... Nothing seems to help. Anyone else having this issue, or have a fix for it?

i7 3.4, or so...
16GB DD3
SLI nVidea GTS 450s
Windows 7 64bit
64bit Java 7

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1, and am playing on a private server with my GF... While she can play just fine, when I log into the server, I'm pretty much locked at 1FPS... I wasn't having this issue in 1.0.4. I've tried lowering my settings, upping/lowering my RAM, modifying Java flags... Nothing seems to help. Anyone else having this issue, or have a fix for it?

i7 3.4, or so...
16GB DD3
SLI nVidea GTS 450s
Windows 7 64bit
64bit Java 7

We currently don't officially support server play for this modpack, as we haven't officially released one. (Say official more?)Are you having the same problems in a single player world?

Sent from somewhere.

Karr

Jul 29, 2019
We currently don't officially support server play for this modpack, as we haven't officially released one. (Say official more?)Are you having the same problems in a single player world?

Well, yes.. In fact, it happens when just in the main menu as well, though I don't have a FPS view there, my mouse hops around. I re-downoaded the pack, as I've had corrupt files before, but no result. It seems to be sorta on and off too now... I was able to walk a little bit before it practically froze up... it's affecting things out of game as well. The Advanced F3 menu says 90% of my resources are going to unknown or something similar, I can't even type this without exiting Minecraft first... The console doesn't have anything glaringly wrong either...

tatsu011

Jul 29, 2019
This is starting to sound eerily similar to a hardware issue I've had before. Defrag your hard drive, and check your computer for errors. Both of these can be accessed by hitting start -> My Computer (Left click) -> C:\ (Or whatever drive you have your minecraft on) -> Right click -> Properties -> Tools -> Error Checking and right under that is Defragmentation. If error checking cannot fix an error, then your hard drive might be on it's last legs.

Karr

Jul 29, 2019
It's a SSD drive, which I purchased maybe 6 months ago... It's probably (from what I understand) not a good idea to have MInecraft on a SSD... But it's only this modpack/version that's having the issue, I'm thinking it's something hardware specific, which seems strange to me. Also, the advanced F3 menu labels it "unspecified" not unknown, I was working from memory before, still am, but I took a moment to make sure. I'm going to start disabling mods until it works...

Karr

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it appears, or maybe as a coincidence, that disabling Fastcraft increased my performance substantially... (the console was saying it was out of date).

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: FTB Mage Quest ver. 1.0.4
Mod & Version: don't know
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/SvHhZhbY
Whats the bug? Can't load pre-existing worlds
Can it be repeated? yep.

Tried to update to 1.1.1.... sigh.

Mod Pack: FTB Mage Quest ver. 1.1.1
Mod & Version: Fastcraft 1.19
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/HByP9iFP
Whats the bug? It doesn't seem to be able to render certain things properly, if i'm reading the crash report right.
Can it be repeated? Yep, each and every time I launch the pack.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Try allocating 2 GB of RAM to it- integer values.
Both versions of the pack still crash, and for the same reasons.

EDIT: So... disabled fastcraft on the 1.1.1 version of the pack to see if i could play and the crash I get on the 1.0.4 version persists on the 1.1.1 version.

Last edited:

TheMiningDwarf

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: MageQuest ver 1.1.1
Mod & Version: Don't know
Link to crash report: http://pastebin.com/dM02kRCH
What's the bug?: My game crashed and now I can't load the world anymore. something about the player entity ticking from what I can get out of the crash report.
Can it be repeated?: Been doing it all afternoon.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
This is the whole list of parameters. I didn't put these in, nor change them. These are whatever the launcher did when I updated it at some point.
-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

tatsu011

Jul 29, 2019
Odd... Very odd. Only other thing I'd suggest is restarting your computer to clean up your RAM.

tatsu011

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: MageQuest ver 1.1.1
Mod & Version: Don't know
Link to crash report: http://pastebin.com/dM02kRCH
What's the bug?: My game crashed and now I can't load the world anymore. something about the player entity ticking from what I can get out of the crash report.
Can it be repeated?: Been doing it all afternoon.
That is the launcher log. We need the actual crash report.

How did I even miss that post....?

Still got all the same crashes.
I'd suggest waiting for the next update to happen. We are currently testing the pack with updated mods.