FTB Mage Quest {ALPHA} Bug Reports

nmdchiri

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry! I had read that message, but I thought the "beta" status meant the server was gonna be created in this version after all.

I'm really sorry!

gumygum

Jul 29, 2019
hey there ....i feel like this is a dumb question but how do i make mutandis? im using modpack version 1.1.1 and the quest book says to craft is with green dye, ash, bonemeal, an egg, mandrake root and hint of rebirth or whatever. but i does not explain the order on where these items go in the crafting bench. NEI says to make mutandis in a cauldron but that didnt complete the quest. is this a bug or did i choose the wrong house and my teacher is a troll?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry! I had read that message, but I thought the "beta" status meant the server was gonna be created in this version after all.

I'm really sorry!
No problem. This pack has undergone a series of management changes recently and it is just starting to regain traction. Honestly, this politeness of yours is quite refreshing.

hey there ....i feel like this is a dumb question but how do i make mutandis? im using modpack version 1.1.1 and the quest book says to craft is with green dye, ash, bonemeal, an egg, mandrake root and hint of rebirth or whatever. but i does not explain the order on where these items go in the crafting bench. NEI says to make mutandis in a cauldron but that didnt complete the quest. is this a bug or did i choose the wrong house and my teacher is a troll?
That quest was made in an old version of Witchery, and we have not rewritten it yet, so it is broken.

gumygum

Jul 29, 2019
That quest was made in an old version of Witchery, and we have not rewritten it yet, so it is broken.

so how do I get passed the quest so I can move on? Or do I have to start a new world and choose another house?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
so how do I get passed the quest so I can move on? Or do I have to start a new world and choose another house?
At the moment, I would suggest avoiding the Witchery questline until it is fixed, so either start a new world and questline, or edit the book (a.k.a. cheat) and go back to a point so that you can start a different questline.

Rillaith

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: FTB Mage Quest
Mod & Version: Archmagus 0.6.0
Pastebin link to crash log: pastebin.com/7n78KfN8
Whats the bug? Run as a local server with 2 players. Created 2 bookS of Earth Shield III, gave one to me. First time other player used it, crashed server. Attempted restart - now cannot restart server as crashes on my player (which holds one of the books) loading.
Can it be repeated? Yes (unfortunately!)
Known Fix: None (went to a backup)

Last edited:

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a fairly bad issue related to HQM.

I had shut down the game and noticed an error in the console from HQM about being unable to save data. Didn't think much of it. I went and puttered around and then came back to the game, but every time I tried to start it just stayed at the "Loading" screen.

I checked my game folder, I had 200+ files in the HQM directory all labeled "pre-crash data" wtih a time stamp. On a hunch I deleted everything in the HQM data folder (player data and backup) and yep, all of a sudden the game loads again just fine (just no HQM now).

No idea what caused the original issue and no idea how to re-enable HQM on my current save. It tells me to type /hqm quest but then says I don't have permission to do so ;)

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
No idea what caused the original issue and no idea how to re-enable HQM on my current save. It tells me to type /hqm quest but then says I don't have permission to do so ;)
In case you haven't allow cheat in the world creation you could do this : Pause your game > Open to LAN > Allow cheat > Start.

Use /hqm edit for getting OP edition of questbook and remade all progression through quest.

Giggs Lee

Jul 29, 2019
Please note we cant fix a lot of the issues just report them here so we can fix them in future.

Be sure to send the FTB console log not the minecraft crash report

Please report all Launcher crashes/ failures here http://support.feed-the-beast.com/questions/?sort=mostvoted

Format:

Mod & Version:
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug?
Can it be repeated?
Known Fix:

If you post a bug that's already known and it doesn't provide any more new useful information it will be deleted. Posts that provide no useful information may also be deleted.

Follow the format in the first post and check to see if your bug is known before posting. If your post vanishes its already known or not a bug or didn't include enough info.

"I has a bug"

"xyz mod is broken"

"it crashes" -- with no crash report

the above do not qualify as bug reports and will be terminated on sight.

Hi, I'm new to this so. I don't really know how to paste crash logs and stuff.
This bug is actually within the game. When you follow the path of witchery. There is a quest where you have to create 'Mutandis' with crafting. But, because witchery was updated and the craft formalae is using a witch cauldron. But, even making the mutandis by the cauldron method. The quest book doesn't register the 'Mutandis' which causes me unable to go on.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm new to this so. I don't really know how to paste crash logs and stuff.
This bug is actually within the game. When you follow the path of witchery. There is a quest where you have to create 'Mutandis' with crafting. But, because witchery was updated and the craft formalae is using a witch cauldron. But, even making the mutandis by the cauldron method. The quest book doesn't register the 'Mutandis' which causes me unable to go on.
We are aware (seriously, just scroll up a little and read my last post), this will be fixed in the next version.

Hugemike

Jul 29, 2019
My world lags every know and then but never when aroma says it will. Seems to happen when I look a certain direction and/or open my chests. I took out weeping angels for fear of pooping myself if that helps tho I don't see why a single missing mod would make this happen. Any help would be appreciated.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
My world lags every know and then but never when aroma says it will. Seems to happen when I look a certain direction and/or open my chests. I took out weeping angels for fear of pooping myself if that helps tho I don't see why a single missing mod would make this happen. Any help would be appreciated.
This is a rather unique issue, and sidenote, Weeping Angels is guaranteed to be removed for a number of reasons. I can tell you that the problem definitely is not from removing it, but other than that, I don't know. I'm curious what is in the direction you look when the lag occurs.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
This is a randomly occurring crash that happens when you attempt to right click craft (a stack) of items at the crafting bench. So far it's happened only at vanilla crafting tables. I think it's a race condition between the right click handler for NEI and the crafting table that results in a null pointer reference when NEI goes to examine the item in the crafting table that you right clicked on, but it's since moved from that inventory slot to your mouse pointer.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Ouch. That hurt :(

Time: 14/04/15 7:33 AM
Description: Updating screen events

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
at neresources.nei.NEIGrassHandler.loadUsageRecipes(NEIGrassHandler.java:72)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.getUsageHandler(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:471)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiUsageRecipe.openRecipeGui(GuiUsageRecipe.java:20)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.transferRect(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:573)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.access$000(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:33)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler$RecipeTransferRectHandler.transferRect(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:230)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler$RecipeTransferRectHandler.mouseClicked(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:223)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.mouseClicked(GuiContainerManager.java:329)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73864_a(GuiContainer.java)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:296)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146274_d(GuiContainer.java)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1629)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:962)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at neresources.nei.NEIGrassHandler.loadUsageRecipes(NEIGrassHandler.java:72)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.getUsageHandler(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:471)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiUsageRecipe.openRecipeGui(GuiUsageRecipe.java:20)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.transferRect(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:573)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.access$000(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:33)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler$RecipeTransferRectHandler.transferRect(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:230)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler$RecipeTransferRectHandler.mouseClicked(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:223)
at codechicken.nei.guihook.GuiContainerManager.mouseClicked(GuiContainerManager.java:329)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73864_a(GuiContainer.java)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:296)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146274_d(GuiContainer.java)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)

-- Affected screen --
Details:
Screen name: net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiCrafting

Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72914_a(WorldClient.java:373)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71396_d(Minecraft.java:2433)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:908)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Hugemike

Jul 29, 2019
This is a rather unique issue, and sidenote, Weeping Angels is guaranteed to be removed for a number of reasons. I can tell you that the problem definitely is not from removing it, but other than that, I don't know. I'm curious what is in the direction you look when the lag occurs.
I have a giant oak tree that I'm too lazy to cut down but as far as I know that's it. I'll have to take another look. I have a fairly beef computer so that's not the problem either.

InsaneTD

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: 1.1.1 (I think the guy who built the server may have bastardised the pack to make it work)
Pastebin link to crash log: Pastebin seems to be down.
Whats the bug? Trying to place Thaumcraft Glass Phails into Storage Draws causes instant crash to launcher.
I tried placing a full stack into bottom left corner of 2x2 compact storage draws. Draws also have two mundane belts in bottom right corner from thaumcraft in them but are otherwise empty. The draws haven't been upgraded.
Can it be repeated? Yes, happens ever time I try.
Known Fix:

I can try uploading the log later or stuffing it in my Dropbox if needed.