FTB Horizons - General Feedback Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh...derp of the day.

Setup a smeltery with some basic automation (a project red timer and a hopper, portable tank full of lava), so all I have to do is drop in the good stuff and walk away. I come back from a mining trip with a good haul, including the first gold ore I've been able to find and drop it all in and go running back for more goodies.

When I come back, I find no gold...only electrum and agmallium (or whatever). What an idiot...I completely forgot about extraTIC and the way gold alloys with everything to make completely useless metals.

I've always been very careful with that and only drop in 1 type or ore each time into the smeltery... would be nice though if there was a way to control this

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
That would certainly have been the smart thing to have done, if I'd remembered that gold alloys with nearly EVERYTHING. /headdesk. I still have no gold. I'm almost to the point of building a pigman farm for the stuff.

CheatingChicken

Jul 29, 2019
One quick question: I absolutely love the mod that shows what you just picked up in the bottom right corner. Can anyone tell me its name?

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
It looks like it might be cofh core from Thermal Expansion. Looking through the config file i see:

hud {
# Enable messages that notify you of item pickups. Note: You cannot disable this if your Minecraft username is "Jadedcat"
B:EnableItemPickupModule=true
}

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
We've added MPS to horizons (1.0.7) on our server, but the recipes won't work with default configs. Upon review, we've gone in and altered the config to change IC2 recipes to false and TE recipes to true, and put the TE recipes file in the recipes folder, yet when I try to create the armor, it won't work (NEI shows the recipe, but trying to craft it doesn't work). Any ideas?

Wannabeuk

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of issues with the 1.0.9 update.

randomthings replaces the vanilla redstone block (Grrr) which causes rotarycraft to crash when browsing the ingame manual (as it uses a redstone block in rendering )

Rotarycraft has recently fixed some crashing issues due to their pipes, and also update their GUI to actually work, if we could get an update to that in the next version pretty please.

NEI seems to have a few bugs still, from an issue where if you are on page 3/5 and then search for a new item, you end up on page 3/1 which obviously shows blank.
it also has recently picked up and issue where some pages actually prevent the NEI gui from drawing, buttons can still be clicked to page through, they just dont draw.

XACT - Crafting tables that existed before when broken cause a client crash, newly placed crafting tables do not have this issue, also the functionality for keeping items in place when GUI is closed seems to have stopped functioning

It seems Morpheus is not in the server pack for 1.0.9, is this a mistake?
Also it seems journeymap is enabled by default, shouldn't all map mods be disabled by default?

Cheetohz

Jul 29, 2019
I am having one heck of a time buildign machine frames. have been mining for 3 days now, and haven't found one single manganese to make steel with. Do I have any other options?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I am having one heck of a time buildign machine frames. have been mining for 3 days now, and haven't found one single manganese to make steel with. Do I have any other options?
If you're on a SSP world, turn off the TE3 config for machine frames requiring steel.

Cheetohz

Jul 29, 2019
If you're on a SSP world, turn off the TE3 config for machine frames requiring steel.
Actually, i'm a server host. nobody on the server can find manganese or create steel. don't want to make it too easy for them by enabling the use of iron, but i think there is a config issue causing manganese to not spawn.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, i'm a server host. nobody on the server can find manganese or create steel. don't want to make it too easy for them by enabling the use of iron, but i think there is a config issue causing manganese to not spawn.
It's not overly common at the best of times.

I appreciate that you don't want to make things too easy, but I would strongly recommend that you turn on the TE steel recipe. They'll still have to make an induction smelter to use it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
It's not overly common at the best of times.

I appreciate that you don't want to make things too easy, but I would strongly recommend that you turn on the TE steel recipe. They'll still have to make an induction smelter to use it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Therein lies the problem, they can't make the steel to make the machine frame to make the TE machines, so they can't use the TE recipe to make steel.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Therein lies the problem, they can't make the steel to make the machine frame to make the TE machines, so they can't use the TE recipe to make steel.
Well, yes, I did actually get that =P There's more than one way to get steel however; I would imagine they've just been unlucky with Manganese thus far but you can still melt down drops. Since you can jump straight to the smelter by using an AE grind stone to make your invar blend, or one of the Metallurgy grinders, you should only need 8 ingots total.

Status
Not open for further replies.