FTB Continuum Release

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I need opinions. Today I added Botania a magic mod to Continuum and I am rebalancing the pack just a little so that Botania does not bypass any of the pack's mechanics but instead compliments them. I really need some feedback though, One of the biggest gating strategies used in this pack is the Machine and Device Frame from Thermal Expansion. To help gate endgame also requiring magic I figured I could tweak those two things. If you don't like getting creative about the Botania Mana creation then I don't suggest you try this lol it will make you go nuts. Anyways here are the two recipes. I replaced the Glass Blocks in each (originally each required 2 glass blocks. This makes the Frames about 20% more expensive so in turn makes the pack even harder :p

1dytbtm.png

mHj65XP.png

How Terrasteel is made
You take manasteel ingot, Manadiamond,manaenderpearl.
combined them with alot of mana
yAwoYrY.png
Remember you can make Efab recipes use mana, there’s a config to enable the mana blocks. That gives a lot more options.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Mybserv

Holy crap you are correct I just enabled it. MCJTY outdid himself :) this was a great find indeed!
I know, right??? I didn't even know that was a thing, so thanks for @Xavion for pointing that out! I do think EFab has great potential to be utilised in some very interesting ways.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
It is why I said they are going to more then likely add in more to the pack going forward like magic progression on so on.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It is why I said they are going to more then likely add in more to the pack going forward like magic progression on so on.
It certainly bodes well for continuum-like modpacks going forward. I honestly think its a great mod, however folks feel about its implementation, and it can only get better from here on in as people find other inventive ways of using it.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
This is kinda my problem with the Minecraft community. Your entire frame of reference is based solely off of Minecraft. If something with Efab level time restrictions got implemented into any other game. The community and critics would absolutely dumpster it, but because its Minecraft those things have come to be the standard.
Warframe.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
My opinion on this pack changed. Lacks Long Fall Boots. Worst pack ever.

Get to AR machinery and you are finally there. I feel your pain tho.

I would like to see a 1.12 pack actually designed with modern standards in mind not just AoE Lite.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see a 1.12 pack actually designed with modern standards in mind not just AoE Lite.
What is "modern standards" lmao
What states this standard? I think its great that packs and mods are trying different things and experimenting more. Even if the outcome is clunky, grindy, and not that great. Having a "standard" when we have so many tools to customize the game to your hearts content, as well as java and modding tutorials all over the internet, having standards is stupid. Let pack and mod devs make what they want. As long as it doesnt mess with other stuff, then why is a standard needed. Standards only stifles creativity. If you dont like it, then go play something else. There are plenty packs out there and with the many easy to use tools, you can just as easily make a pack that fits your standards

Reactions: Pyure

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
What is "modern standards" lmao
What states this standard? I think its great that packs and mods are trying different things and experimenting more. Even if the outcome is clunky, grindy, and not that great. Having a "standard" when we have so many tools to customize the game to your hearts content, as well as java and modding tutorials all over the internet, having standards is stupid. Let pack and mod devs make what they want. As long as it doesnt mess with other stuff, then why is a standard needed. Standards only stifles creativity. If you dont like it, then go play something else. There are plenty packs out there and with the many easy to use tools, you can just as easily make a pack that fits your standards

This pack was conceived on 1.10 and it feels it.
If you don't like my comment read someone else's.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean? 1.10 and 1.12 are the same pretty much in terms of mods (Except no IC2Classic which is a bummer) How does this relate to what I said or what you mean by standards.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Reap what you sow.
Your taking what I said out of context. If you can't come up with a valid argument to support your claims, then don't talk shit and shut down others when they disagree, and use phrases that make you sound intelligent when you aren't even using them in a right context. It makes you look like an idiot, js.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
It is well and good to make blanket Statements that serve only the name call a pack however the question raised by the poster is still to the point. There are no "Standards" in place anywhere. SO If you want to discuss these so called "Modern Standards" you might start with what those are first and maybe not try and run off every person the disagrees with your view point. Since the statement was to me I will go ahead and ask "What are these "Modern Standards" you are referring to. Cause as far as I know AOE is also a 1.10 pack. So I don't have any clue why FTB Continuum being started planning wise in 1.10 has to do with that pack. Also AOE is based on ages. You can find these types of packs out there this is far from the Standard for Expert progression pack.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what you are even trying to say.

I replied in his own words.
I do not like that sentiment either but sometimes you are just not interested to pursue it any further.

It is well and good to make blanket Statements that serve only the name call a pack however the question raised by the poster is still to the point. There are no "Standards" in place anywhere. SO If you want to discuss these so called "Modern Standards" you might start with what those are first and maybe not try and run off every person the disagrees with your view point. Since the statement was to me I will go ahead and ask "What are these "Modern Standards" you are referring to. Cause as far as I know AOE is also a 1.10 pack. So I don't have any clue why FTB Continuum being started planning wise in 1.10 has to do with that pack. Also AOE is based on ages. You can find these types of packs out there this is far from the Standard for Expert progression pack.

The poster did not raise a question, at least not in a form I am willing to discuss.
Maybe standards is the wrong word but I like the quality implications that it has.
To me the AoE similarities are quite obvious and this pack would roughly fall into that time frame as well were it released when it was first planned.
Group progression gating in named "ages"/stages/tiers or don't that is not what I am talking about.

I just think that if you look at other packs that have come out it is hard to argue that FTB has been pushing the envelope with this one.
This has started as a 1.10 pack. This much is a fact. This has not been a continuous work over the last 2 years, that much is obvious too (and would have not been possible technologically).
All I am saying is if they start a fresh design on a pack with all that stuff that we now have in the "modpack community" in terms of technology, experience and different approaches I am hoping to see something major out of FTB.
Kinda feels like it's their turn to show they are still on the forefront.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I replied in his own words.
"If you don't like it, go play something else." This is a reasonable statement.

"If you don't like my comment read someone else's." This is not a reasonable statement.

Just for clarification: you can have a different opinion on the above. Your opinion will just be wrong.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
"If you don't like it, go play something else." This is a reasonable statement.

"If you don't like my comment read someone else's." This is not a reasonable statement.

Just for clarification: you can have a different opinion on the above. Your opinion will just be wrong.

He is stating an obvious fact or he is passive aggressively trying to bar criticism.
Either way it is bad form, especially rhetorically, and makes me not want to talk to him. And I shall not.
I have no idea what you are so upset about.

E: And people who say you can have two opinions (inherently subjective) and then just out right assume that the other will be "wrong" fall into the same category.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
He is stating an obvious fact or he is passive aggressively trying to bar criticism.
Either way it is bad form, especially rhetorically, and makes me not want to talk to him. And I shall not.
I have no idea what you are so upset about.
Ok let's circle back, clean slate, ok?
You made a comment earlier that got basically everyone worked up. Can you re-frame it a bit with specifics?