FTB Continuum Release

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
As in removes the time requirements for the use of rf. You know it takes away the time requirements as long as you have the power to craft the items. Even if they did reduce the time it is still a gated time. And you also need resources which you can only get from world quest which are also time gate.

Even their Raid and Raid bosses are time gated to not only week but per battle timer. Also they changed the time requirements for daily knowledge stuff but still time gated for daily log in. Also i just 3 months ago started a DH and had to wait 24 hours for some dumb mission table quest before i could move on with the hall quest line. Then again during the Argus quest line for some option quest. Also there are a few points that require followers with certain item levels which those items to increase those are also time gated.

Requiring farming is a time gate. Also will point out again that Steve's cart time gate making cart way long time ago. It took like hours.

Last edited:

tarzan1376

Jul 7, 2013
As in removes the time requirements for the use of rf. You know it takes away the time requirements as long as you have the power to craft the items. Also they changed the time requirements for daily knowledge stuff but still time gated for dailly l9g in. Also i just 3 months ago started a DH and had to wait 24 hours for some dumb mission table quest before i could move on with the hall quest line. Then again during the Argus quest line for some option quest. Also there are a few points that require followers with certain item levels which those items to increase those are also time gated. Require farming is a time gate. Also will point out again that Steve's cart time gate making cart way long time ago. It took like hours.
I can't follow your sentence structure anymore, I give up you win lol

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
But also, as you said yourself, 45 minutes for a smeltery controller is a long time, I consider this time gating, not progression. ( they are lowering the smeltery controller time in the next update due to the fact they know this whole concept is kinda stupid and 45 minutes is stupid )

It was 30 minutes. Not 45. Also latest pack update reduces it to 10 minutes. With 4 gearboxes that is 2.5 minutes

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
It was 30 minutes. Not 45. Also latest pack update reduces it to 10 minutes. With 4 gearboxes that is 2.5 minutes
Yeah I made the mistake of saying 45 thinking of something else. That is where the 45 minutes came from. It was my bad.

rafacost3d

Jul 29, 2019
First of all thank you guys for this awesome modpack.
The way it sets the progression is very inovative and fun to play.
I disagree with direwolf about the 30 minutes for the smeltery control, I think that is crucial that certain key recipes have this kind of neck bottle.
But I have my two cents:
  1. A lot of recipes rely on gold to be able to progress, and I think you should throttle up the Cofh config for that resource, it is very rare for the amout of recipes needed.
  2. Also in early game we need a lot of blue dye, and the only source is lapis (rare) and bluebells. I also think you should consider throttle up the bluebells. (I tried to use 10 beehive to increase polinisation but the only flowers produced are the light grey ones.
  3. Blazes man, I've runned nether all over and not a single fortress spawned.
  4. Also slime islands, 1500 chunks to be generated after you finally find one (wrong color) is killing my low end computer processing time.
  5. The amount of iron needed for the first void miner is insane but it is a easy resource to find.
Thank you again for putting together this pack!
Sincerely,:)
rafacost3d

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
First of all thank you guys for this awesome modpack.
The way it sets the progression is very inovative and fun to play.
I disagree with direwolf about the 30 minutes for the smeltery control, I think that is crucial that certain key recipes have this kind of neck bottle.
But I have my two cents:
  1. A lot of recipes rely on gold to be able to progress, and I think you should throttle up the Cofh config for that resource, it is very rare for the amout of recipes needed.
  2. Also in early game we need a lot of blue dye, and the only source is lapis (rare) and bluebells. I also think you should consider throttle up the bluebells. (I tried to use 10 beehive to increase polinisation but the only flowers produced are the light grey ones.
  3. Blazes man, I've runned nether all over and not a single fortress spawned.
  4. Also slime islands, 1500 chunks to be generated after you finally find one (wrong color) is killing my low end computer processing time.
  5. The amount of iron needed for the first void miner is insane but it is a easy resource to find.
Thank you again for putting together this pack!
Sincerely,:)
rafacost3d
Few tips you can try.

1. you can find Gold in abundance is mesa Biomes "
Gold ore generates in veins of 4-8 blocks. In the vast majority of biomes, it only appears in the bottom 32 layers of the map. From levels 2-29, gold ore's occurrence underground is at 0.1437% (about five times as rare as iron). On average there are 8.2 gold ores per chunk.

In mesa biomes, an additional 20 veins generate between layers 32 and 79 (inclusive)"

2. Bluebells should spawn if you finds the Biome they spawn in when you bonemeal the ground how ever you can grow them in the TE machine with Phytogrow. They only provide Light blue dye if I remeber right. For lipas you can Try for Lapis bees. You can search them in game in JEI and it will tell you which bees to go for however it is only a 5% chance.

3. Blaze powder can be made you can then use a machine to make Blaze rods if that is what you are looking for. Also you can breed bees to produce both.

4. Can't help with the slime island but you can use Rice slime balls or Coagulated Blood for slime balls. You can also make green slime blocks with them to convert both into green slimes. ( You can get blood by smeltering rotten flesh.)

5. Firewood picks can still be made and 60 lapis shouldn't take long to get. This will allow you to double some ores. Once maxed you shouldn't have to worry about iron. Don't forget about Veinminer modifer.

K

Kuktar

I have really been enjoying this pack! If there is anyone out there interested in Playing this in VR let me know, I have it running very smoothly using vivecraft! it is truly epic to watch the Efab do steam recipes in 3d!

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
OOF, I was right. Check description
*NOTE* -- After giving some feedback to the pack makers, the next version of the pack reduces this crafting time down to 10 minutes.

K

Kuktar

If anyone needs help and or advice on adding mods to continuum I am getting pretty good at adding the mods now. getting skilled at crafttweaker scripts and the efab recipes are simple enough along with hiding and modding JEI stuffs.

A mod I just added to my continuum wich I highly recommend is techguns. I added the mods Lycanites mobs, and infernal mobs so the mobs in my pack are 400% harder than a standard continuum. that is when techguns becomes fun, Also with infernal mobs as you get stronger and age the mobs gain levels that increase there difficulty.

Another thing I added with infernal mobs is always making the wither boss infernal and adding the no suffocation buff to him so you cant just spawn in under bedrock which seems to be the popular exploit lol.

Just hit me up if you want to make this expert pack even a tad harder :p

An example of something you have to do to keep the pack expert makes sure that added mods don't make simple recipes in place of the efab ones or bypass gated machines like the below, techguns adds its own basiccirciutboard and elitecirciutboard along with its own plate press. You HAVE TO disable and hide the plates and remove its circuit boards. Luckily you can make plates and circuit boards using the ore dictionary that's already built into the pack through techreborn and Immersive/Thermal.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
If anyone needs help and or advice on adding mods to continuum I am getting pretty good at adding the mods now. getting skilled at crafttweaker scripts and the efab recipes are simple enough along with hiding and modding JEI stuffs.

A mod I just added to my continuum wich I highly recommend is techguns. I added the mods Lycanites mobs, and infernal mobs so the mobs in my pack are 400% harder than a standard continuum. that is when techguns becomes fun, Also with infernal mobs as you get stronger and age the mobs gain levels that increase there difficulty.

Another thing I added with infernal mobs is always making the wither boss infernal and adding the no suffocation buff to him so you cant just spawn in under bedrock which seems to be the popular exploit lol.

Just hit me up if you want to make this expert pack even a tad harder :p

An example of something you have to do to keep the pack expert makes sure that added mods don't make simple recipes in place of the efab ones or bypass gated machines like the below, techguns adds its own basiccirciutboard and elitecirciutboard along with its own plate press. You HAVE TO disable and hide the plates and remove its circuit boards. Luckily you can make plates and circuit boards using the ore dictionary that's already built into the pack through techreborn and Immersive/Thermal.
See, that's what modded Minecraft is all about :D I know some cross words have passed between many of us on here, but differences of opinion are always going to come up. But what you've done there is tailor it to your tastes, while keeping the nature of the pack intact, and taken steps to ensure nothing is accidentally bypassed. Dude, that's awesome.

Reactions: Kuktar
K

Kuktar

See, that's what modded Minecraft is all about :D I know some cross words have passed between many of us on here, but differences of opinion are always going to come up. But what you've done there is tailor it to your tastes, while keeping the nature of the pack intact, and taken steps to ensure nothing is accidentally bypassed. Dude, that's awesome.

Yes we have crossed lol in the end it's all about minecraft.

If anyone has not noticed forge has updated to version 4.2705 and it fixes some huge bugs. Also ender storage has finally updated after 5 months!!! Its exciting. I also convinced the vivecraft dev's to update to 4.2705 and better questing dev is making the mod even more compatible! Have fun all

D

dorfinger

Everytime I click the faucet to pour the liquid glass in the casting basin
- It stop instantly
Every other liquid works just fine.

Working in solo but not on server ....

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Everytime I click the faucet to pour the liquid glass in the casting basin
- It stop instantly
Every other liquid works just fine.

Working in solo but not on server ....
Um you may need to post this problem on the tech support side to get help with it. I can suggest setting up one side for auto output when making glass and only using that side when you are making glass. When you get Harden Fluiducts you can set one up to connect to the Basin with a servo. Set it to redstone strong and place a level next to it. Then hopper to a chest or Storage drawer. That should keep the Glass a flowing.

Reactions: andrea.valorz

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Um you may need to post this problem on the tech support side to get help with it. I can suggest setting up one side for auto output when making glass and only using that side when you are making glass. When you get Harden Fluiducts you can set one up to connect to the Basin with a servo. Set it to redstone strong and place a level next to it. Then hopper to a chest or Storage drawer. That should keep the Glass a flowing.

That sounds like a bug. Those are to be reported on github. https://github.com/FTBTeam/FTB-Continuum/issues
Also transfer nodes for fluids are a lot earlier in the progression as fluiducts require 3000 heat in the industrial blast furnace.

K

Kuktar

Ok, I need opinions. Today I added Botania a magic mod to Continuum and I am rebalancing the pack just a little so that Botania does not bypass any of the pack's mechanics but instead compliments them. I really need some feedback though, One of the biggest gating strategies used in this pack is the Machine and Device Frame from Thermal Expansion. To help gate endgame also requiring magic I figured I could tweak those two things. If you don't like getting creative about the Botania Mana creation then I don't suggest you try this lol it will make you go nuts. Anyways here are the two recipes. I replaced the Glass Blocks in each (originally each required 2 glass blocks. This makes the Frames about 20% more expensive so in turn makes the pack even harder :p

1dytbtm.png

mHj65XP.png

How Terrasteel is made
You take manasteel ingot, Manadiamond,manaenderpearl.
combined them with alot of mana
yAwoYrY.png

Last edited:
K

Kuktar

Also if anyone wants to add the mod danknull I made some scripts for craftweaker to make it more experty.

Danknull.zs

Just make sure to go into the Openblocks config file and turn of devnull.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Ok, I need opinions. Today I added Botania a magic mod to Continuum and I am rebalancing the pack just a little so that Botania does not bypass any of the pack's mechanics but instead compliments them. I really need some feedback though, One of the biggest gating strategies used in this pack is the Machine and Device Frame from Thermal Expansion. To help gate endgame also requiring magic I figured I could tweak those two things. If you don't like getting creative about the Botania Mana creation then I don't suggest you try this lol it will make you go nuts. Anyways here are the two recipes. I replaced the Glass Blocks in each (originally each required 2 glass blocks. This makes the Frames about 20% more expensive so in turn makes the pack even harder :p
To be Honest if FTB was to add Botania to this pack 60% be be out right disabled. Some examples are any kind of lava mana Gen, most of the rods, Item Dup. The recipes for certain item mana transforms would have to be adjusted. You could take out smokie Quartz and replace with Black quartz instead. Switch all the Tool, wand, rods, and armor recipes to Efab ones with related tiered like required Liquid XP crafting and then added on the requirement for the different upgrades. You would need to go through and disable all items that do that same as other items already disabled. I would just add into Tech components into the recipes. Make sure you are looking at the mods as if you made the pack and see what you would want in. If this would require you to take out most of the mod you might want to skip it. There are other packs that you can play magic mods on.

On a side note AA Coal Generator Still runs on Lava Buckets and 1 Bucket Produces 600K rf...just FYI. I know some of the Devs over there like to know that kind of thing.

K

Kuktar

To be Honest if FTB was to add Botania to this pack 60% be be out right disabled. Some examples are any kind of lava mana Gen, most of the rods, Item Dup. The recipes for certain item mana transforms would have to be adjusted. You could take out smokie Quartz and replace with Black quartz instead. Switch all the Tool, wand, rods, and armor recipes to Efab ones with related tiered like required Liquid XP crafting and then added on the requirement for the different upgrades. You would need to go through and disable all items that do that same as other items already disabled. I would just add into Tech components into the recipes. Make sure you are looking at the mods as if you made the pack and see what you would want in. If this would require you to take out most of the mod you might want to skip it. There are other packs that you can play magic mods on.

On a side note AA Coal Generator Still runs on Lava Buckets and 1 Bucket Produces 600K rf...just FYI. I know some of the Devs over there like to know that kind of thing.

I did disable and tweak all of botania of anything I over balanced it lol.