Frame airships

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FavoriteFox

Jul 29, 2019
Any instructions for making the jump drive? Sounds cool.

It's basically a frame motor connected to a 9 blocks long frame with power line above and redstone below. When the redstone pulses the frame moves nine blocks. When the frame motor reaches its final position, it is recycled around the back on a conveyer belt of frame motors.[DOUBLEPOST=1361405804][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nice video, I liked the section on your state cells worked. I think i could remove my latch system and use state cells on my rig.

I might have missed it in the video -- i jumped around to mostly see the logic sections. Did you mention how you detect when the quarry is done?

I like state cells too they can replace most simple programs and are more fun to watch than a computer. I have a structure pipe with a gate set to work done to detect when the quarry is done. I wanted to use work scheduled but that is bugged, so I use NOT work done. If all quarries are finished, the line goes low and the frame moves. However there is another bug when you use gates on a frame. They don't update until you force a block update.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
It's basically a frame motor connected to a 9 blocks long frame with power line above and redstone below. When the redstone pulses the frame moves nine blocks. When the frame motor reaches its final position, it is recycled around the back on a conveyer belt of frame motors.[DOUBLEPOST=1361405804][/DOUBLEPOST]

I like state cells too they can replace most simple programs and are more fun to watch than a computer. I have a structure pipe with a gate set to work done to detect when the quarry is done. I wanted to use work scheduled but that is bugged, so I use NOT work done. If all quarries are finished, the line goes low and the frame moves. However there is another bug when you use gates on a frame. They don't update until you force a block update.
Yeah i noticed the gate update issue on the IC2 miner airship i have been working on. Luckily got it down to only needing gates on a couple machines after they do work, so they update the block naturally.

Didn't want to take over this thread, so made a new post on frame motor drive systems:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...han-inchworm-drive-systems.12325/#post-140425

Made the dumbest (no logic) fastest drive system I think you can do:
QG1uDxw.jpg

Reactions: FavoriteFox