Frame airships

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Blake 852

Jul 29, 2019
well, a simple one would be a quarry and some solar panels, a chest and a pump with tanks......basicly a flying ground destroy...if possible!

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
Right after dire built his, I built a super compact end nuker run with a computer. I was only like 5x7x4 or something, but it did the job.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see some. I've been trying to hammer out a mobile mining ship with 4 IC2 miners in a creative mode world but its makin ma head hurt. 4 IC2 Miners with pumps, thermal generators and enderchests... I keep running into issues of getting stuck... something isn't attached to a frame somewhere. Wasn't Eloram goint to add something into the mod to help find problems like that?

Crouchingmoose

Jul 29, 2019
I actually have some ideas for one i want to build. I was going to build several arcane bores on it, so i can fire "lasers" as well as drop nukes and bombs from below. Im think huge server wide airship battles between factions.

MavericK96

Jul 29, 2019
That would be awesome...too bad frames don't move a bit faster.

I'd love to see some cannon battles using fire charges or something. It would be sweet if you could stick mining lasers in a Deployer as well.

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone seen the new thaumcraft arcane bore? It looks like the perfect weapon for cutting up enemy frameships and it looks like a cannon turret. Mining laser deployers, tnt cannons, portal gun mod lasers and energy pellets.... all fun options for a frameship battle.

Perhaps there needs to be a frameship wars server.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
I've only seen the DW20 spotlight for it, but in retrospect I think I prefered the look for the old arcane bore. Don't get me wrong I like the new one, but it doesn't seem as fast as the old. But I can imagine 2 huge frameships closing on each other, each filled with dozens of iron golems with players lobbing fire charges back and forth. >:D

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
I've only seen the DW20 spotlight for it, but in retrospect I think I prefered the look for the old arcane bore. Don't get me wrong I like the new one, but it doesn't seem as fast as the old. But I can imagine 2 huge frameships closing on each other, each filled with dozens of iron golems with players lobbing fire charges back and forth. >:D

Thaumcraft golem boarding parties! Adorable and deadly.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Frames + Soul Shard spawners = paratroopers OH MY LORD WHY IS MY BASE COVERED IN BLAZES.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Frames + Soul Shard spawners = paratroopers OH MY LORD WHY IS MY BASE COVERED IN BLAZES.

HA! or wait until we can use SS on Animals, pair that with an igniter! Talk about raining cats and dogs. FLAMING CATS AND DOGS!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1359392266][/DOUBLEPOST]I think we might be getting a little sidetracked lol.

Kocyk

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see some. I've been trying to hammer out a mobile mining ship with 4 IC2 miners in a creative
mode world but its makin ma head hurt. 4 IC2 Miners with pumps, thermal generators and enderchests... I keep running into issues of getting stuck... something isn't attached to a frame somewhere. Wasn't Eloram goint to add something into the mod to help find problems like that?

Tried that, and it appears to be quite fast and efficient enough, though hard to automate. Much faster than quarry of that size for sure, even running on full speed. A full MFSU allow to dig up little over 3 areas of 18x18.
I had problems with moving it when i forgot to place frames on calbles intersections, check if you have those connected.
Also Eloraam was planing to add frame debug tool in future.

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
Tried that, and it appears to be quite fast and efficient enough, though hard to automate. Much faster than quarry of that size for sure, even running on full speed. A full MFSU allow to dig up little over 3 areas of 18x18.
I had problems with moving it when i forgot to place frames on calbles intersections, check if you have those connected.
Also Eloraam was planing to add frame debug tool in future.

The best way to make a frameship work is to start simple, verify that it'll move and then make checks to ensure it's still working after every couple additions you make to it. Nothing worse than making a big fancy frame machine, checking if it works after and not having a clue where the conflict is.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Ya Dragonfel thats basically how I started off. I did alot of work with frame motors until I got a compact setup that I liked, and then got them placed on a large platform. Then I got one miner setup going which I ran all the way to bedrock and it worked great, it was even mobile. But at some point after adding in the other 3 miners and a retriever setup to pull the drills out, something went wrong... And Kocyk your also right.. automating this is gonna suck.

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious how you've set up the automation of the miners. Unless you're flying very close to sea level, then you'll need more than 1 stack of pipes per miner. Does it also replace the pipes with dirt or cobble to refill the hole?

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Well I had a tube system filling a hopper on top of each miner. It also kept my pump filled with empty cells.[DOUBLEPOST=1359399253][/DOUBLEPOST]The real trick was finding a reliable way to connect the actual miner with a frame... only 6 sides.
1- pump
1- output chest
1- energy/generator
1- hopper
1- have to leave bottom open for the mining
1- spot left so i used a tubeframe, so I could connect it with retreiver.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
(shameless GregTech plug) you can use a buffer/translocator to provide both items and energy from the same side.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm.. hadn't thought of that. Still the whole thing ground to a halt at some point. And I'm not eager to tear it apart to try to fix it, but I'm sure I will eventually so thats good to know. Not too familiar with gregtech toys like those, could you point me at a tutorial or write up a simple setup?