Flesh Craft-Mod In Progress

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ineterested?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Ya but that's a private convo only we can see it no reason for us to copy the code but look at these guys so untrust worthy I'm looking at you Billy Bob Joe!

Billy Bob Joe
View attachment 9636
I do trust the people here but who knows someone may try to copy it
Oh, that code wasn't the good stuff! In fact, that code would be absolutely useless in trying to copy the mod.

It's barely any of the code, and besides, is this not open source?
yes it is, but people usually wait for the mod to be done and copyright before making it open source, so that people don't copy it and say it is there's

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
yes it is, but people usually wait for the mod to be done and copyrighted before making it open source, so that people don't copy it and say it is theirs
Anything you make is automatically copyrighted to you once it is created. The only difference that is made is the license you choose to use. That said, why not put what you have so far on github?

Nauktis

Jul 29, 2019
Would be easier indeed if everything was on GitHub. I would be able to have a look and start to contribute !

I'll make you a sample infected zombie if you want first. As soon as I have some time I'll post a video/photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NegaNote

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Would be easier indeed if everything was on GitHub. I would be able to have a look and start to contribute !

I'll make you a sample infected zombie if you want first. As soon as I have some time I'll post a video/photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't GitHub cost money...

Anything you make is automatically copyrighted to you once it is created. The only difference that is made is the license you choose to use. That said, why not put what you have so far on github?
Dont listen to him, he wants to take it from you......
(Gollum for those less intuitive people)
Ok, let me refrase the statement,
yes it is, but people usually wait for the mod to be done and say it is copyright on the thread before making it open source, so that people don't copy it and say it is there's.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps you could keep it in sync, but private, with something like Dropbox? Yeah, its something each dev would have to have installed on their machine, but the updates would be more or less instantaneous, and you can make a Dropbox invite-only. Did that with a server's modpack a while back...worked very well.

Reactions: CreepaCatcha

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps you could keep it in sync, but private, with something like Dropbox? Yeah, its something each dev would have to have installed on their machine, but the updates would be more or less instantaneous, and you can make a Dropbox invite-only. Did that with a server's modpack a while back...worked very well.
we have a dropbox, thats what we have been using

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Wait why did you post the code I don't know if that's the best idea I would prefer it be taken down just my opinion
Well, even if it's not open source that's just the basic structure for any main mod class; any Forge modder w/should know this.
I tried putting it into a github but I have a hard time understanding how to use it :p
I could never get github to work with automatic commits so every hour or so I just copy all the classes over into a repo.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Well, even if it's not open source that's just the basic structure for any main mod class; any Forge modder w/should know this.

I could never get github to work with automatic commits so every hour or so I just copy all the classes over into a repo.
Would you say this mod is getting popular? Well known members are on the thread as well as well you XD are there any steps you would recommend for spreading more in popularity?

Status
Not open for further replies.