Feed The Beast Sphax Addon Pack

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
This is odd: Using the download link from this thread, the texture pack appears to be missing some textures. Example:

machin10.jpg

The advanced machines are missing, with the exception of the Induction Furnace (upper right). I know Sphax includes these textures cause I used these machines all the time in Technic.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Actually a whole lot of missing textures I've been able to collect. Putting together as complete a Sphax texture pack as I can at the moment.

jhamm

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i have made a sphax texture pack for the newest FTB modpack, so i wanted to ask if i should just post it here or i should post it in a new topic or i should not do anything because you want to do it
i have the texture pack working on my computer and everything looks fine (of course there is missing textures) so please answer :)

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Do the textures flicker a lot for you? Especially in areas with trees, the leaves and a lot of the chunks will flicker to transparent for a instant then come back. This happens for me with FTB 0.3.1 and the Sphax textures. Default textures don't have any issues. This is somewhat of a concern since I consider the Sphax textures practically a necessity to enjoy the game.

jhamm

Jul 29, 2019
Do the textures flicker a lot for you? Especially in areas with trees, the leaves and a lot of the chunks will flicker to transparent for a instant then come back. This happens for me with FTB 0.3.1 and the Sphax textures. Default textures don't have any issues. This is somewhat of a concern since I consider the Sphax textures practically a necessity to enjoy the game.
no i havent seen anything like that...

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I take it back. I was doing some troubleshooting and loaded up a fresh 0.3.1 FTB world, with DEFAULT textures, and ended up in a Jungle biome. The trees flickered a LOT. So it may not be the fault of the textures. Working on narrowing down the issue.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have Optifine installed?
I find when textures glitch or flicker, it's probably something to do with Optifine.

jhamm

Jul 29, 2019
but anyway if anyone is interested here is the texturepack http://www.mediafire.com/?gekkbq38mfe8a1s
i am gonna keep updating it when i remember to do it unless the owner of this topic is gonna do the same...

Edit: it seems like the file gets corrupted everytime i put it into mediafire so just forget i ever was here...

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Panda - yes I just identified Optifine as the culprit! Vanilla FTB flickers the trees very annoyingly IF optifine is installed. I can't seem to come up with a video setting combination that doesn't flicker. Very unfortunate, since Optifine is a rather important performance mod.

Jhamm -excellent, thanks. I will download your pack and compare it to mine and see if either of us are missing anything.

[edit] It would seem that doing this fixes the flicker issue. But since I just changed a global gfx card setting, I'm not sure what the negative side-effects will be with other games.
ciwc6.jpg

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Will this texture pack be updated for all the extra Mods that FTB has and aren't included atm, such as twilight forests?

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Twilight Forest has been sphaxified here:
http://bdcraft.net/forum/wip-twilight-forest

Its just a matter of collecting all the individual mod textures and tossing them into the same zip. Currently though, some of the textures are causing horrendous framerate issues. The Thermal Expansion textures for example, just kill the framerate.

Also, many mods don't even have Sphax textures yet, but typically this is a work in progress. Like FTB itself.
Currently GregTechmod, Mystcraft and Steve's Carts aren't ready.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. I thought I'd just throw my two cents in.

This is just 64x, but comes with all the trimmings. Connected/Random Textures, animated, 80% of the mods in FTB (Including Twilight Forest, BiomesXL, MFFS, GraviSuite, Forestry, etc)

64x - anim'd
64x - no-anim

I'll update it when I can and I might bring it for 128x in time.

EDIT: I might actually try to patch a 128x TP right now. Gives me something to do until the session servers pop back on.

Reactions: Mr_PuddingMan

Alcarkse

Jul 29, 2019
Install Instructions

[...]
Open the Sphax Texture pack by right clicking on the .zip file and selecting "open with" then select your archiver, recommended for ease of use are either 7zip or WinZip.
Do the same with the addon pack, then drag the contents of the addon pack into the Sphax pack's window.
[...]

When I drag the addon contents into the Shpax pack's window a new window popes-up. It lets me the choice between :
- Add and replace existing files
- Add Update existing files
- Ignore

What should I choose ?

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
When I drag the addon contents into the Shpax pack's window a new window popes-up. It lets me the choice between :
- Add and replace existing files
- Add Update existing files
- Ignore

What should I choose ?
Sounds like you're trying to overwrite, so add and replace.

Reactions: Alcarkse

Eric Martin

Jul 29, 2019
Appreciate the pack Recon[Corrected), and am currently using it. Seems to run a bit smoother than the one posted on PDcraft. That being said... Is it cool to post the base textures with your pack? I've read that that's suppose to be a No-No. Just watching your back, for your efforts...[DOUBLEPOST=1353373018][/DOUBLEPOST]Correction... Wabbit... smh

Oh, and 128 please...

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Appreciate the pack Recon[Corrected), and am currently using it. Seems to run a bit smoother than the one posted on PDcraft. That being said... Is it cool to post the base textures with your pack? I've read that that's suppose to be a No-No. Just watching your back, for your efforts...[DOUBLEPOST=1353373018][/DOUBLEPOST]Correction... Wabbit... smh

Oh, and 128 please...
Yes, it's more than likely a 'no-no' because they'd want their finger in the adfly pie in which case I'll happily take it down if requested and struggle with a patch version to distribute.

128 is in the works regardless. Perhaps I'll even make a topic for it since this one seems sort of... Dead.