Ethanol

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Seroth

Jul 29, 2019
I would think it to be, no offense, common sense to post the reasoning for a semi-major change(any change that warrants informing the public before release) when you post the change itself. I don't mean to be an ass about it, but it just seems begging of speculation when a change is announced without announcing the reason for it at the same time.

Or I suppose he can name whatever he wants whenever without anyone needing to know squat.

I hadn't heard or even care till I read this post.

being in agriculture my whole life I didn't understand how we got biofuel from fermenting/stills anyway.. that is called ethanol. not like i'm going to throw a stink about it though.

Diesel or Fuel as is called in my area.. takes oils from various plants and through a chemical process with lye and methanol creates engine usable fuel previously stated as Diesel.

Far as I'm concerned he changed the name to be correct for what it actually produces.. good enough for me.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Or I suppose he can name whatever he wants whenever without anyone needing to know squat.

If he were taking that route he wouldn't have posted on this thread. He obviously cares about the communities reaction to what he says/does. Inasmuch to inform those that are curious to the reasoning of changes. He came here to clear up misconceptions because he felt obliged to do so. He never had to come and say anything at all.

Reactions: Mash

Mash

Jul 29, 2019

I hadn't heard or even care till I read this post.

being in agriculture my whole life I didn't understand how we got biofuel from fermenting/stills anyway.. that is called ethanol. not like i'm going to throw a stink about it though.

Diesel or Fuel as is called in my area.. takes oils from various plants and through a chemical process with lye and methanol creates engine usable fuel previously stated as Diesel.

Far as I'm concerned he changed the name to be correct for what it actually produces.. good enough for me.

Next time you decide to come into a thread mid-discussion, make sure to read the preceding posts to gain context on the discussion.

Trying to contribute to a discussion without understanding the context just makes you look silly.

Seroth

Jul 29, 2019
Next time you decide to come into a thread mid-discussion, make sure to read the preceding posts to gain context on the discussion.

Trying to contribute to a discussion without understanding the context just makes you look silly.

Next time don't assume I didn't read the thread.. the whole 2/3 pages of it..

I was merely stating that it's not up to you or anyone else why he decides to change names and what he changes them to, he obviously had his reasons.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Next time don't assume I didn't read the thread.. the whole 2/3 pages of it..

I was merely stating that it's not up to you or anyone else why he decides to change names and what he changes them to, he obviously had his reasons.

And I was merely stating that the name change was not at all the primary topic of discussion.

Which, you know, is why I told you why you should get context on the conversation. Reading it is all well and good, but it clearly floated into your brain, and out some other orifice without being absorbed in any capacity.

The topic of discussion was Sengir's negative reaction to the speculation being done on why the name change occurred. We were discussing how such speculation may not have occurred at all of he'd simply stated his perfectly valid reasoning for the change in the first place, instead of leaving it up in the air. You're absolutely correct in that he does not have to explain anything at all about what he does with his mod. However, he DOES need to explain it if he's going to get upset whenever wild speculation starts to occur.

cmwatford

Jul 29, 2019
I came into this thread expecting booze jokes and anecdotes about the use of ethanol in today's world. Instead I find conspiracy and repetitive fruitless arguments. Thread, I am disappointed.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I came into this thread expecting booze jokes and anecdotes about the use of ethanol in today's world. Instead I find conspiracy and repetitive fruitless arguments. Thread, I am disappointed.
Sorry to disappoint but we have brains here and like to use them to think. If you have lost your sense of curiosity I'd say you lost part of what makes you human.

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
Totally ignoring what the mod maker said and opting to go down the conspiracy theory path...

I bet he's doing it because aliens abducted him and made him change the name to something more in line with their plans to invade and take over the world.

You're forgetting that the Illuminati freed him from the aliens just before he was brainwashed.

Reactions: Fuzzlewhumper

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
You're forgetting that the Illuminati freed him from the aliens just before he was brainwashed.
[INSERT SOMETHING ABOUT THE FREEMASONS HERE]

Sent from my phone using black magic
Oh my gawd, ilumanadi! :eek:

Sengir.png

Reactions: ApSciLiara

343N

Jul 29, 2019
minecraft
and sirsengir
what a mix of excellent things turned bad
thanks, illuminati