Epic Fail stories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
The lava sparks catch things on fire. It might not be in 1.4.7/1.5.1 anymore, but I remember seeing a lava spark shoot up into the air and start a fire on some leaves.
They have NEVER lit stuff on fire.
But, lava can catch things on fire a few blocks away.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that this is your epic fail, not the story you told.

Mm. I'll do some more research on that, I thought that lava sparks were the only things that could catch stuff on fire from a distance.

Then again, I haven't ever really considered what would happen if you disabled lava particles on Optifine and poured lava straight through your wooden home.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Mm. I'll do some more research on that, I thought that lava sparks were the only things that could catch stuff on fire from a distance.

Then again, I haven't ever really considered what would happen if you disabled lava particles on Optifine and poured lava straight through your wooden home.
Well, the other thing to consider is that the lava particles (as with all particles) are client side, while fire is server-side.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out my biggest fail yet. A singleplayer mailing system >.>

Seriously, I spent ages designed that thing.

qap

Jul 29, 2019
Visit my base, AE crafting terminal is not working.
Turns out, I have very little power.
Last thing I did yesterday was walling in the redstone contraption that fuels my bio reactors. On all sides.
Who'd think, that solar powered managers don't work that good in eternal darkness..
Now: Powering up 28 steam boilers. In parallel, hopefully

Reactions: Katrinya

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch, good luck with the power up.

Not so much an epic fail:

Logged into the server I'm a mod on to do some mining. Got a call about chunk reset. Stopped mining, went back home, cleared my inventory, switched to creative, got to take a look. Had to rebuild a 5x5x8 rail craft tank. Built tank, tank won't reform, spend 20 min scratching my head, move tank 1 block, tank forms. LOL. Spent 3 hours with admin working on server arenas, never got back to mining. Been on the server about a month, have yet to move beyond using iron furnaces. Don't have any power gen. Lol

But I gotta say I do enjoy myself every time I log in to the server.

Sara Dr In te House

Jul 29, 2019
This is an epic fail that was back when FTB was a map. I was playing the Ultimate map and I thought I had a great handle on all the mods. One I new most of the mechanics was Forestry. I had no trouble with the machines but did not mess with the bees much. I was working my way (approx 70 hours) after completing every task in that monument but the queens needed to finish it completely. I had all my hive next to each other just getting the pure queens. I only needed the Austere queen. I found out the hard way about Austere bees and needing an apiarist suit. I lost every queen, all my apiaries, and almost my life. the only thing that saved me was my Swiftwolf's Rending Gale. I rage quit that map decided I was close enough. I tried again about a month later but I never finished the bees.

YoungForce

Jul 29, 2019
I have an fail. I forgot to apply redstone signal to a witch, creeper, and enderman spawner (It was a lvl 5 spawner). That caused a bunch of witches, creepers and endermen to spawn and I accidentally looked directly at nearly all endermen. They all killed me and it took me a good amount of time because of the witches' evil potions. I end up having to fix the landscape, which took a long time. (I'm a kind of the guy who doesn't want to ruin the landscape, which is hard for me to do.)

This part is added:
Oh yeah. I used to have a mindcrack world. From this lesson, I learned to not have several IC2 and gregtech machines close together (this includes generators and energy storage.) I accidentally put one cable in wrong place, and everything blew up and destroyed my base. Basically, good bye everything including my fusion reactor, nuclear reactor, and my important gears. (Thanks god that I was wearing a gravisuit.)

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
I have an almost epic fail story.

If you fire the Power Tool's blink drive at a block while standing next to it, you will glitch into the block. This can be used to "swim" through land by blinking repeatedly (fixed in versions beyond 1.01). You can't really see where you're going and there's suffocation damage though.

I was just swimming around when I found myself taking a lot of damage. Everything was pitch black as it usually is when you're inside a block. I looked at the minimap and my Y coordinate was at -600. Derp, just swam through the bedrock at the bottom of the world by accident. I believe that journey would have killed a player in creative.

However, I hit the jets and managed to - just barely - reach the underside of the bedrock before running out of life and blink through it. I love MPS.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I have an almost epic fail story.

If you fire the Power Tool's blink drive at a block while standing next to it, you will glitch into the block. This can be used to "swim" through land by blinking repeatedly (fixed in versions beyond 1.01). You can't really see where you're going and there's suffocation damage though.

I was just swimming around when I found myself taking a lot of damage. Everything was pitch black as it usually is when you're inside a block. I looked at the minimap and my Y coordinate was at -600. Derp, just swam through the bedrock at the bottom of the world by accident. I believe that journey would have killed a player in creative.

However, I hit the jets and managed to - just barely - reach the underside of the bedrock before running out of life and blink through it. I love MPS.
not-sure-if-fail-or-win--thumb.jpg

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to bring a chunkloader to the nether when I set up a bunch of turtles to excavate. This meant I had to stay in the nether until they finished, otherwise their programs would abort, which is a major nuisance. Not an epic fail yet, but annoying. I dealt with it by AFKing in a safety hole with all my gear in a chest.
The turtles were close to filling up their diamond chests with netherrack (and a bit of ore) so I was moving some of the netherrack to wooden chests since I had some wood with me. In the middle of that, a ghast appeared. I didn't want it destroying chest so I started punching it... and that's where things started going wrong. Yes, I accidentally punched a zombie pigman. Seconds later I was dead (despite having pretty good armor on - forgot to take it off).

And that was when I found that the new loca[1]tion of my bed was inaccessible and I respawned 500m from my base.
So I ran back and grabbed some spare armor and a sword and went to kill off the pigmen and died again.
So I ran back and decided to wait until night time and sleep in a bed in a better location so I wouldn't keep respawning far from my base. While waiting for nightfall I started writing this post.
At the time denoted above by [1] I looked back at minecraft and was inexplicably dead again. (Actually it says it was a zombie but what was a zombie doing in my base? They've never got in before.)

Anyhow, I'm just idling while writing this and random mobs have killed me twice more at the spawn point but I don't really care anymore. I don't really care about the few things I lost.

But the big problem is that my turtles will have stalled and once I finally get the area clear, they're most likely far under lava. So getting them back is gonna be very tough.

[edit] HA! This third time I took a roundabout route back to my base, stumbled across the place where I'd almost built a base but decided not to (I kinda lost the location but it was ugly anyway), dragged myself home in the middle of a thunderstorm with 2 hearts and starvation, slept in my bed, made new armor and weapon, and went and killed those pigmen and got my stuff back! Not that it was worth much really. So now I have the horrible task of digging turtles out of lots of lava :(