Epic Fail stories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I uderstand the wrong voltage, but I didn't know about rain...

I think I shouldn't look at my electrolyzer and blast furnace...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
WTF with the rain and explosions? O_O
I believe that GregTech machines explode when pickaxed, given a too large packet of EU, set on fire, rained upon, or struck by lightning. And probably when hit directly by another explosion.

Upon exploding, they also produce packets of successively higher and higher voltages and send them through any nearby cables, causing other machines to explode as well. One slip (as YourLocalMadSci pointed out), and you lose all your machines and probably some other stuff as well. This is known as the "chain reaction" effect.
(All the above, of course, can be disabled in the config.)
And this is why it's generally a good idea to build houses out of stone or some other material that you're unlikely to accidentally break. Or burn down, because fire makes GT machines blow, too.

Asturia

Jul 29, 2019
I was just making a new room in my base (which essentially is a tower located in the same chunk).
Just configured the area I wanted clear with landmarks, placed the filler and applied the flatten pattern.
and then noticed that everything above just went away.

Now there is a big hole where my base is. but thank luckily I have some backups.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
I made a 6x5 loop of gold pipes to feed 12 centrifuges.

Then I attached an item tesseract fed by 4 export busses from my AE system.

Then I set the export busses to stack mode.

It took about 30 minutes to crawl over to the tesseract and break it when the lag hit. Also, the explosions, god the explosions.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Tesla coil defense and wooden house. Enderman teleports to the house, Coil misses, house is on fire, raining. What happened next is preety obvious.

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that GregTech machines explode when pickaxed, given a too large packet of EU, set on fire, rained upon, or struck by lightning. And probably when hit directly by another explosion.

Upon exploding, they also produce packets of successively higher and higher voltages and send them through any nearby cables, causing other machines to explode as well. One slip (as YourLocalMadSci pointed out), and you lose all your machines and probably some other stuff as well. This is known as the "chain reaction" effect.
(All the above, of course, can be disabled in the config.)
And this is why it's generally a good idea to build houses out of stone or some other material that you're unlikely to accidentally break. Or burn down, because fire makes GT machines blow, too.
And that is why i have an underground base, built with obsidian, just to be safe xP

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure we have the 'explode when wet' GT setting off on the server I'm using. Because I was removing a multiblock structure (my Industrial Grinder was on it before the automatic-canning machine took it before its time) and of course the water flowed out of the middle and all over everything else. Fortunately it didn't disrupt the switch that ensures water gets from a xycraft tank to my boiler. But just to be sure I added an aqueous accumulator on the other side of the boiler so if one method of keeping it full fails, it has a backup.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
My nether lava is glitchy. For some reason, it stops working, but if I go to visit it in the nether, it's working again.

So I get to the nether, check my jetpack. Only 5000 EU left. So I put it in my ender pouch, where I have it hooked up to a charging station. I begin my long walk to the nether lava pump. I get there and I check my ender pouch, take out my fully charged jetpack. Then I wander around my pump, checking connections, checking the engines etc. Then I fall down a hole I made last time I was in the nether. I drop like a rock. I immediately hit space and M to get out of hover mode. Then I realize that I never put my jetpack back on!

I'm already in the lava by now and put it on. But it's too late and I drown in the lava. What makes it epically bad for me was that I was carrying a boatload of expensive stuff: Enchanted Nano armor, jetpack, lappack, portal gun, two advanced diamond drills (one with fortune, one with silk touch), an advanced chainsaw.

I'm in the late game now, so it's not really that bad as far as materials. But it's bad as far as time--it took me an hour after I respawned to get all my gear back . . . And I still haven't got a new portal gun because of an epic fail in fighting the wither. At least this time, he's 5000 blocks from my base, so I'm just gonna leave him there.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering why my recently created combusion engines weren't generating any power and I looked and found part of my floor missing.

Say, maybe they needed water?
There's a water conduit about 2 blocks away...
[edit] It kinda happened because I thought I had biogas and made biogas engines and remembered something about needing to put lava in them but then I realised I needed combpustion engines for my biofuel and when lava wouldn't go in I forgot the other internal tank was for something :p

Reactions: ApSciLiara

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I was hit by Anti-Air bee. I was breeding that gunpowder species and put a Frugal Queen into the apiary. Then I was flying by to check my Quarry, and then BOOM! Instand death. Hopefully my expensive equipment didn't fall into the quarry hole (Actually I was almost above the hole, so I think that was a bit of network delay, which is weird since I was playing SSP)
That was fun. At first I thought it was some sort of AA-missile.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I was hit by Anti-Air bee. I was breeding that gunpowder species and put a Frugal Queen into the apiary. Then I was flying by to check my Quarry, and then BOOM! Instand death. Hopefully my expensive equipment didn't fall into the quarry hole (Actually I was almost above the hole, so I think that was a bit of network delay, which is weird since I was playing SSP)
That was fun. At first I thought it was some sort of AA-missile.
Anti-air bees... hmmmmmmm. Viable for deployment as defence?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Resurrecting this thread for someone who had just created it, but did not know about this thread. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Reactions: Jess887cp