Epic Fail stories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThwartAbyss54

Jul 29, 2019
Ive lost count of how many times ive thrown my Black canvas bag with Bacon Gun (original was a really lucky dungeon find from when i first started too :(), wand of excavation (charging 1), Redstone Energy cell, omniwrench, backup sharpness 5 emerald sword, backup efficency 4 emerald pickaxe, Axe of the Stream (original was repair 2 fortune 3), portable hole, into my crucible O_O And if its not that bag its something equally important like my Wand of the Thaumaturge :mad: My TC3 area has a permanent dangerous flux level :D And yes those enchantments are what i always try to put on them a level above or below. My enchantment farm cant seem to get ANY unbreakings :( I really need to change it to an ender pouch dangit. And one time i threw my nano saber in there (i play mindcrack hard greg) :eek: Its come to the point where i have a room that leads into my TC3 building and before i go in there i empty my inventory of EVERYTHING into a chest :D Then don my magic robes and get busy :cool: while ive been typing this ive heard 5 lightning strikes in the background game :D Its a good thing i cleared all the trees and grass blocks out from around my base. I really need a lightning rod......

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
i loaded an older world, Only to find most of my house had turned into greg tech stuff
Wouldn't that be good?

Combustion engines will be fine, I said. The stories exaggerate, I said.

Now Half of my base is gone because the engines pumping water ran out of fuel. >.>

ThwartAbyss54

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't that be good?

Combustion engines will be fine, I said. The stories exaggerate, I said.

Now Half of my base is gone because the engines pumping water ran out of fuel. >.>
Whyd you have your pumps running off fuel using engines? o_O Not going to ask the obvious of why you werent using Aqueous Accumulators :p

Reactions: EternalDensity

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Whyd you have your pumps running off fuel using engines? o_O Not going to ask the obvious of why you werent using Aqueous Accumulators :p
I'm a huge derp sometimes. I went and made a setup where xycraft water fed a xycraft tank, and I pumped out of that. Never again. I'll have to fix that when I rebuild/backdate.

atheneftw

Jul 29, 2019
While setting up a mobfarm, my own turtles killed me, my stuff was pumped out of them and went into void pipes :(

ThwartAbyss54

Jul 29, 2019
While setting up a mobfarm, my own turtles killed me, my stuff was pumped out of them and went into void pipes :(
Ive did that too many times sorry you lost your stuffs Luckly for me i just had to put a chest on the tube and get my stuff back cause a filter led to the void pipe :)

Another one happened just a few seconds ago.......
Picking up the enderchest beside your 36hp solid fueled when youve just spent 300+stacks of blaze rods getting it up to a decent temp with a diamond drill with eff 4 on it and accidentally going further than the chest and picking up one of the fireboxes too :mad:

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I dropped a barrel onto a torch with my gravity gun...aagghhh.

I think it's time for me to start packing up my stuff and making a new base.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
*On my tekkit server*

"Oh, what's this?"
"I wonder what happens if I plug my omega klein star into this slot, and I put a piece of TNT in this slot... Hehehe..."
*Presses C a bunch of times*
"Pillar mode? What's that?" *Right clicks on his lighthouse powered by redstone*

*Painfully loud sound of TNT being ignited*
"That can't be g-"

"Minecraft has run out of memory!"
[SERVER OVERLOAD] Did the system time change, or did the server lag? ... five thousand times in the console.

If only nukes had EMC.

FireStarter

Jul 29, 2019
My creative/survival testing has been full of fails.

First, I was new to tekkit and saw the nuclear reactor. Hooked up a TubeStuff duplicator to the nuclear reactor after realizing that you can expand it. I was thinking that nuclear reactors just eat the uranium. Reactor filled up, and began to smoke. I was like, wtf? how do I use this this thing? uranium has durability?!?!?!" then I noticed flame particles. After that, extreme lag and when I reentered, goodbye 6-directional frame base.

Second, I was in survival (FTB now), and I just made a MFE. I didn't use EU that much cause redstone energy cells are more easy to handle. went to my massive macerator and electric furnace room lined with copper cables. Replaced the three batboxes with a MFE. Everything exploded. While in disbelief, my quarries in the desert overflowed the place. I ran to the desert (I didn't set a waypoint) while the lag increasingly grew. went to stop the quarries, but I didn't bring any tools, so I bashed everything. Everything went well, but I lost my quarries. I then thought if I placed a temporary buffer chest, then everything would be ok. I raged and never played on that server ever again :p

qap

Jul 29, 2019
Coming back to my base, I had a nice big hole where my industrial electrolyzer used to be.
I could swear that in ultimate 1.01 it took energy directly from a MFSU.

qap

Jul 29, 2019
I harvested ender bees and had no idea about their End effect. I then started getting killed in my house by an "invisible" force for multiple hours until I figured it out..
lol, priceless;)
That's what I like about mod collections like FTB, you still find things to explore - or die from - late in the game.

StarZ

Jul 29, 2019
My silverwood tree which i spent hours finding a sapling for would not grow, there was no arua :(

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I made two pocket dimensions. Placed a boiler in one of them, and steam engines in other one. Connected those things together with a liquid tesseract and engines to my power grid via Energy Tesseract. Failed to open the dimensional door with rift blade in hand and replaced it with a temporally rift. Oopsie. Bye-bye, boiler...

Reactions: ApSciLiara

VictorFox

Jul 29, 2019
Most memorable for me was when I first started playing modded Minecraft. It was a small modpack containing MoCreatures Mod. After encountering few problems with goddamn ogres (which, unlike creepers, will demolish walls in order to brutalize you), I decided to surround my house with a big-ass lava moat. I spent hours building my house so its both functional and looks nice, it was a great 3 story building with a basement, balcony, roof garden. This magnifecent mansion grew out of the first house I built... So when ogres startet wrecking up the place I DID NOT appreciate it (hence the big-ass lava moat). Unfortunately, my house also happened to be made of wood... I thought that stone walls of a half filled lava moat (which I spent 2 hours filling with buckets) would protect my house from lava...

Well, they didn't. I came up from my mineshaft carrying last portion of lava buckets and saw my house burning down before my very eyes. Apparently lava sparks can shoot pretty far up.

Now I mostly stick basalt or marble to nine by nines.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently lava sparks can shoot pretty far up.
The sparks are just pretties, all that matters is distance and yes, it's rather large :).

So no, no stone walls will protect your wooden core, it'll still burn if there's lava close enough.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
The sparks are just pretties, all that matters is distance and yes, it's rather large :).

So no, no stone walls will protect your wooden core, it'll still burn if there's lava close enough.

The lava sparks catch things on fire. It might not be in 1.4.7/1.5.1 anymore, but I remember seeing a lava spark shoot up into the air and start a fire on some leaves.