ELORAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
if i pick 2 and 3, does RP2 just get an update?
It did already; it's called Project: Red. It doesn't have FORTH computing, but another mod does. It doesn't have frames(yet!), but other mods do. It doesn't have Blutricity, and fuck RP2 for adding it.[DOUBLEPOST=1406017251][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, they are not. And rerail please.
Okay, now, as much as I agree, try to keep it on topic, you dun goofed.
  • Bananas
  • Not Tasty
Pick 1.

Reactions: Yusunoha

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
It did already; it's called Project: Red. It doesn't have FORTH computing, but another mod does. It doesn't have frames(yet!), but other mods do.

As much as forth and frames were hyped up, tbh - forth was a pita, and frames were so buggy they usually weren't reliable unless you copied someone else exactly, or they were way laggier than alternatives - so, really those are no big loss from P:R

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The damns I give concerning this 'legal' drama bomb is roughly equal to an algorithm that divides itself by x (where x is a rational integer) an arbitrary number of times.

Sure, the value might not quite be zero, but it is not able to be parsed with any non-arbitrary number of significant digits.

I'm of two minds about this, actually. On the one hand, jacking someone else's work is bad, mmmkay? On the other hand, if ProjectRed didn't use her assets, she doesn't really have a leg to stand on. Other than that, I'll continue hiding in my drama-resistant bunker, working on the next release of ShneekeyCraft (and perhaps finally getting around to fixing a problem with the current release), rejoicing in my relative obscurity.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with Shneekey on this one. I'll leave the legal battles to the actual parties involved and to the real lawyers. I know next to nothing about copyright law or how it works...though, now that I think about it, given my desired vocation, it might not be a bad idea to at least brush up on it enough to where I don't get my arse sued and can retain my intellectual property rights.

When it comes to Project Red, well, let's put it this way: once I learned that there would be FTB packs without RedPower and its timers, I learned CC and Lua so I could make my own. Hell, they ended up more configurable, anyways.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt it'd come to actual legal blows, honestly. More likely, some form of agreement will be reached and everything can be hunky-bloody-dory again.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
If RP3 is a direct port I couldn't be less interested.

Itemducts are better than tubes(just need the ability to transmit redstone)
MFFS, Redstone in Motion are both better than frames
Blutricity is yet another power system to annoy me
ANY sorting system above BC is better than RP2's
ProjectRed's redstone circuits cause less lag and lighting updates
Forge multipart blows RP's microparts out the water cos it's an API and everyone can use it
Only RP2 machine I ever built was to make the circuit parts, any other tech mods machines are better
Mekanism's windmills are cooler;)
Eloraam whines too much, started her crap again I see

Just my 2cents but she's got a lot of catching up to do, mods are light years ahead of where they were back in 1.4

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
According to Elofoot, these violate her copyright and she can sue the creators if they don't cease and desist.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha breathe in hahahaahhahahahahahahaha

I would love to meet the lawyer who takes this case. Being asked by someone who makes no money out of their IP to sue someone else who is also making no money out of it....

Reactions: 1SDAN and Padfoote

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha breathe in hahahaahhahahahahahahaha

I would love to meet the lawyer who takes this case. Being asked by someone who makes no money out of their IP to sue someone else who is also making no money out of it....
this seems to be one thing completely missed by everyone. I kinda laugh at anyone thinking anyone having to do with minecraft is able to anyone else having to do with minecraft. Especially in the modding community of which nobody has any money...

Reactions: Planetguy

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, it comes down to respect as an artist, I think. That's like saying One artist painted a picture, hung it in a gallery for a year, then took it home and put it in his attic. A while later, another artist missed the picture so much that he painted another to fill the hole in the gallery, but added a horse in the foreground to make it his own...Wait a minute...what am I saying? None of this would fly outside of minecraft.

All of this is being blown out of proportion, on both fronts. Elo shouldn't be bringing up the law, however vague the context is. And you all shouldn't be taking one thing said out of context to mean "I'm gonna sue all ya'll bitches"

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
this seems to be one thing completely missed by everyone. I kinda laugh at anyone thinking anyone having to do with minecraft is able to anyone else having to do with minecraft. Especially in the modding community of which nobody has any money...

Yeah her IP is worthless... it maybe a fantastic idea, the best idea in the world, it's still worthless. Therefore she has absolutely no legal recourse as she suffers no damage...

Meh, it comes down to respect as an artist, I think. That's like saying One artist painted a picture, hung it in a gallery for a year, then took it home and put it in his attic. A while later, another artist missed the picture so much that he painted another to fill the hole in the gallery, but added a horse in the foreground to make it his own...Wait a minute...what am I saying? None of this would fly outside of minecraft.

All of this is being blown out of proportion, on both fronts. Elo shouldn't be bringing up the law, however vague the context is. And you all shouldn't be taking one thing said out of context to mean "I'm gonna sue all ya'll bitches"

Uhhhh no, it's like an artist painting a completely different painting using none of the original artists work but with the same style/idea... just following her thoughts and point of view to it's illogical conclusion...

Reactions: 1SDAN

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, because P:Red really stretched their creativity muscles... Riiight

Not denying it's a copy, however mods are not paintings, it's not subjective whether it's a direct copy... put the code next to each other, PR rewrote it all.

Simple fact is she can moan about it as much as she likes, she's got absolutely no leg to stand on and all it does is piss pple off like me who were willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Personally will now never install RP in my world

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Not denying it's a copy, however mods are not paintings, it's not subjective whether it's a direct copy... put the code next to each other, PR rewrote it all.

Simple fact is she can moan about it as much as she likes, she's got absolutely no leg to stand on and all it does is piss pple off like me who were willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Personally will now never install RP in my world

Mods are not paintings, however they are works by an artist. Should we just piss all over somebody's "rights" as an artist just because they have no legal recourse? is that the kind of community we are? Yeah, Project Red held you guys close when she was gone. If she stayed gone, it would be one thing, but she wants to try and revive her project.

There's a fine line between being a dick and not being a dick. I think we are crossing that line as a community with Eloraam in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.