Early Botania Mana Garden

Chanzie

Jul 29, 2019
that is a work of art on that one there

one question though, what do you do once your mana pools are full to keep it from wasting the coal?

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Infinity right now, and seeing that thermalillies got nerfed and will be nerfed even further, I thought of giving the hydro's another chance, only this time a bit different.
this time I put together something like this...

0lyW4WO.png

it's basically a vertical column of the hydro's, following this pattern

gANkvtX.png

and without water it looks like this

uJlSCrz.png

the design can be both vertically and hortizontally expanded, though if you decide to get horizontally I'd suggest adding more mana spreaders because there's a range to how far the flowers can send mana to spreaders and if you go vertically I'd suggest either using higher tier spreaders or to use focusses, because the normal mana spreaders can only send so much mana.

the top side looks like this

oBPX1wM.png

so it's possible to use this setup completely underground and have the mana be send upwards to the mana pool that's above ground.
it's important to keep a water layer above the highest hydro, because that water layer will make sure the water won't run out (hydro's can only absorb water horizontally, not vertically from what I noticed)
it's also important to not have all the hydro's on the same level, but to switch them up, this way they shouldn't be able to drain all the water.
and lastly, be sure to first place the water and then the hydro's, becasue these suckers can suck unbelievably fast

I should also note that I came up with this design by watchign a similar design from watching a livestream from @ZeekDaGeek
also note that I have no idea if this is an efficient setup or not, but it's simple mana generation in bulk

Last edited:

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
A simple but elegant design I've started off with, not sure if it will work or not but it's worth a try:

3 x 3 interior 8 blocks tall. Row 4 has a Mana Spreader built in as one of the center wall blocks. Hydrodrangeas on each of the corners up to 7 tall. Fill with water. Enjoy. Hasn't run out yet, 28 hydrodrangeas on one mana spreader. About the best I've been able to come up with for now.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
A simple but elegant design I've started off with, not sure if it will work or not but it's worth a try:

3 x 3 interior 8 blocks tall. Row 4 has a Mana Spreader built in as one of the center wall blocks. Hydrodrangeas on each of the corners up to 7 tall. Fill with water. Enjoy. Hasn't run out yet, 28 hydrodrangeas on one mana spreader. About the best I've been able to come up with for now.

Can I see a picture of this?

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Can I see a picture of this?

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
Here's a quick n dirty pic. Note the sound mufflers to dispense with the slurping. Mana spreader on the other side as you can see being highlighted it reaches all the way.
SQlyUR1.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a quick n dirty pic. Note the sound mufflers to dispense with the slurping. Mana spreader on the other side as you can see being highlighted it reaches all the way.
SQlyUR1.png

I tried this design in creative, and filled each area between the hydro's with dayblooms and nightshade, with an 8 tall pillar.
it works pretty well and because the dayblooms and nightshades are also floating they'll keep the water from running everywhere.
at the top I also have another layer of water just incase the water might run out, on the sides I used glass as dayblooms and nightshades can still generate power if there's a glass block above them.

I do wish the hydro's would produce a bit more power, but I can understand why that's not the case, because things such as lava, water, solar or wind power is just too easy to automate.
this should stimulate players to try out different types of generating power.
for example I also have a small entropinnyum build made out of 24 of them, being fueled by tiny tnt from Applied Energistics and it's really fast.
I just wish the entropinnyum would accept any kind of explosion, as it'd be a great way of nullifying the activation explosion from withers or a nice thing to place down at your mobfarm incase a creeper would explode

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
SQlyUR1.png

This is almost exactly the build that I use and it's quite effective. I tend to put a large platform at the top covered in dayblooms/nightshades and fire the mana spreader down through the water column. There it hits another spreader which directs the mana toward my collection area. But I do like the idea of having a spreader in the wall.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
for example I also have a small entropinnyum build made out of 24 of them, being fueled by tiny tnt from Applied Energistics and it's really fast.
I just wish the entropinnyum would accept any kind of explosion, as it'd be a great way of nullifying the activation explosion from withers or a nice thing to place down at your mobfarm incase a creeper would explode
Tiny TNT works but creepers don't?
I think I tested it once with creepers but I forgot the result.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Tiny TNT works but creepers don't?
I think I tested it once with creepers but I forgot the result.

yup, tiny tnt works but creepers don't, pretty much any mob that can creates an explosion doesn't work
it'd be pretty funny though, creating a mana generation using the explosions created by a wither.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
What about fuse wood? It isn't a mob, but does produce explosions when chopped.

After creating my first few plants, I an now working on the gourmaryillis and feeding it the extra output of all my farms. It may not be a lot at any one time, but should be pretty steady with everything. I have counted about 12 different food items I can make easily from the vanilla plant and animal farms. I am hoping normal growth will be enough to keep the alfheim portal running.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Oddly enough, with the changes to the Hydrodrangea, the OP garden now functions exceedingly well. It doesn't have any Hydrodrangeas adjacent to each other, so that nerf doesn't matter, and now they won't drain the source dry. Works out pretty darn well, in my testing.

darkrage000

Jul 29, 2019
Oddly enough, with the changes to the Hydrodrangea, the OP garden now functions exceedingly well. It doesn't have any Hydrodrangeas adjacent to each other, so that nerf doesn't matter, and now they won't drain the source dry. Works out pretty darn well, in my testing.

If youre talking about the one on the first post, I tried that (in Regrowth modpack) and it sucks the sources dry in mere moments