Early Botania Mana Garden

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Youre right. It is about .x20 versions behind... i dont understand why packmakers always seem to use old versions and not update for new methods and fixes.
Because Botania updates two to three times a week, and most mod packs update at a far more moderate pace to make it easier for servers, so their users wouldn't have to update practically every time they log in.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I like (and understand why it would be a bad idea with minecraft mods) how steam just does that anyway. You've basically always got the latest version.

Curse integration could actually manage that if we gave the client a method to check the server before loading up fully. (I'm aware of SKMCLauncher and other such launchers) Query the server for versions and then download those versions and launch automatically. Never worry about being out of date with the server again! Then we just need to work on getting servers to update regularly... but then you run into the crashes, incompatibilities, and conflicts :-(

Edit: The original reason I posted was to note that all passive flowers (nightshades, dayblooms, and hydroangeas) now have a hard-coded, unconfigurable decay time as of the latest Botania version (or two). Which means all passive gens break after 3 days.

KingRayRayRay

Jul 29, 2019
I like (and understand why it would be a bad idea with minecraft mods) how steam just does that anyway. You've basically always got the latest version.

Curse integration could actually manage that if we gave the client a method to check the server before loading up fully. (I'm aware of SKMCLauncher and other such launchers) Query the server for versions and then download those versions and launch automatically. Never worry about being out of date with the server again! Then we just need to work on getting servers to update regularly... but then you run into the crashes, incompatibilities, and conflicts :-(

Edit: The original reason I posted was to note that all passive flowers (nightshades, dayblooms, and hydroangeas) now have a hard-coded, unconfigurable decay time as of the latest Botania version (or two). Which means all passive gens break after 3 days.

actually the botania config files allow you to change the decay time. it wil say something along the line "set to any number other than -1 to allow for passive generating flower to decay in minecraft ticks" so basically its telling yu that yu can either increase or lower the amount of time needed before they decay OR if you set it at -1 it turns off the decay all together. (which i have tested and confirmed on my survival world)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
actually the botania config files allow you to change the decay time. it wil say something along the line "set to any number other than -1 to allow for passive generating flower to decay in minecraft ticks" so basically its telling yu that yu can either increase or lower the amount of time needed before they decay OR if you set it at -1 it turns off the decay all together. (which i have tested and confirmed on my survival world)
In the latest version no. The config is useless and the decay is hardcoded. On the plus side, enchanted soil now prevents the passives decaying rather than doubling their throughput.

KingRayRayRay

Jul 29, 2019
In the latest version no. The config is useless and the decay is hardcoded. On the plus side, enchanted soil now prevents the passives decaying rather than doubling their throughput.
so they either updated last night or im extreemly lucky since inturned it to -1 and had them for a out a minecraft week

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I mean the latest version of botania. The version in most packs likely hasn't got that version yet.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Prob was still version 221 then. version 222 brings the hardcode, along with a few goodies...

KingRayRayRay

Jul 29, 2019
i do have a question though. i am doing a series on this (botania is the only active mod i have) and the goal of this series is to make a super garden for mana and automation. also to get all vanilla and botania acheivements along with completing the challenges from the lexica. so im not sure how to do so e of these without technology mods such as autocrafting cakes. you know any possible way in vanilla or botania that i can do this in? also could someone send me a snapshot of a time adjustable pulse for the open crate?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
i do have a question though. i am doing a series on this (botania is the only active mod i have) and the goal of this series is to make a super garden for mana and automation. also to get all vanilla and botania acheivements along with completing the challenges from the lexica. so im not sure how to do so e of these without technology mods such as autocrafting cakes. you know any possible way in vanilla or botania that i can do this in? also could someone send me a snapshot of a time adjustable pulse for the open crate?
I actually managed to autocraft cakes using nothing but Botania's tools. Use Corporea to route items around (protip: redstone mana spreaders and mana detectors can substitute for wireless redstone, especially if the spreaders have warp lenses). Use nine Corporea funnels (one for each ingredient), nine open crates, and a bunch of redstone repeaters (which can send a signal through a Corporea funnel) to drop the nine items in sequence onto a plat form, where Daffomils push them onto a Hopper on a Crafty Crate. The crate will turn the items into cake, then drop it in the world where it can be picked up by a hopper, Hopperhock, or Ranuncarpus. Use a Ranuncarpus to place the cakes somewhere where it is simultaneously near enough to your Kekimureis to be eaten and in the path of a normal mana spreader aimed at a mana void through a mana detector. Whenever the cake is fully eaten, this spreader will fire, triggering the Detector to signal your system that you need another cake.

Getting the ingredients for the cake, though, is somewhat more difficult. Sugar can be obtained by Crafty Crate-ing sugarcane farmed with an Hourglass-triggered Vanilla-style piston farm; milk can be obtained by dropping empty buckets through Corporea funnels and open crates onto cows, then triggering a nearby Drum of the Gathering with the same mana burst that triggered the funnels. Eggs just require a bunch of chickens and a Hopperhock. Wheat, though... I'm not certain that Botania actually has a way to farm wheat automatically. You could probably use a Drum of the Wild to harvest the wheat; although I don't know how you'd plant it. Drop seeds on a floating Ranuncarpus placed above farmland, and hope nothing gets trampled?

I'll have to get my hands on a copy of Botania that's not a few months old and see if I can get the whole system to work, including the farming, and post some screenshots in the Community Showcase forum. If/when that happens, I'll be sure to post a link here.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You could probably use a Drum of the Wild to harvest the wheat; although I don't know how you'd plant it. Drop seeds on a floating Ranuncarpus placed above farmland, and hope nothing gets trampled?
Botania tweaks the vanilla dispensor so it can plant stuff on tilled ground in front of it. Seeds included.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Botania tweaks the vanilla dispensor so it can plant stuff on tilled ground in front of it. Seeds included.
I did some testing and discovered that; however, I still don't know of a way for Botania to efficiently harvest crops. The Drum of the Wild kind of works, but it doesn't differentiate between mature and immature crops. Does anyone know of a way to automatically farm wheat in Botania?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I already use a couple of those in the cake-baking part of my setup. Do they have an effect on crops that I'm not aware of?

I know it's not using only Botania, so just tossing this out there. Will crop sticks hold the seeds in place and only allow for harvesting of mature wheat by a drum of the wild?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I know it's not using only Botania, so just tossing this out there. Will crop sticks hold the seeds in place and only allow for harvesting of mature wheat by a drum of the wild?
No- the drum will uproot the plant entirely, so no remaints (it even takes the crop sticks up)

KingRayRayRay

Jul 29, 2019
thank you 37. that was very insightful. as for the farming i can just go vanilla and make an auto farm there. the challenge did say u get bonus points for not using the drum of the wild

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
No- the drum will uproot the plant entirely, so no remaints (it even takes the crop sticks up)
Agreed, I've done testing on Agricraft plants to determine what works, and both Drums/Horn uprooted all parts of the plant. Dafomills is supposed to work on vanilla crops just fine; I suspect that Vaz hasn't gotten around to making it work with Agricraft yet.

You can still make it magical with Thaumcraft golems, though--a simple thatch/clay golem with a Harvest core, with either a line of Dafomills or a Hopperhock above to help gather the wheat.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure whether this is doable, but doesn't a Comparator emit a certain level of redstone pulse if placed next to a growing crop? Once the crop is fully grown the comparator should emit a signal, which you could hook up to a redstone spreader that would fire the pulse to a drum.