Early AE?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
My system on my old world (unfortunately the computer that is on is currently sat in a corner smoking after it mildly blew up and is awaiting new parts) used around 800 AE units and was pretty much hooked up to everything in a 5 tall 21*21 monolith I had built. It was keeping coke ovens stocked storing everything from a giant tunnel bore as well as having auto crafting. I also found that it works pretty well for forestry machines such as the fermenter and will put the sapling and fertilizer in the correct slots no problem.

I normally keep things that I would need to fix a system like that in barrels with storage busses connected in a different building to my main stuff. So I can still acess the stuff from an ME terminal thanks to the storage busses but if the system goes offline for whatever reason then I can still manually access the stuff by just going to the barrels.

How in the hell did you blow up a computer

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Let's not give Greg any ideas for nerfing computers please. :p

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Greg doesn't need any nerf ideas. He already has an extradimensional barrel full of ideas

Quick someone break it so he looses 960 stacks of them!

(i actually like GT)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
10 ME Chests are more expensive than 1 ME Drive + 1 ME Controller + 1 ME Terminal[DOUBLEPOST=1365934185][/DOUBLEPOST]Speaking of GT, I would like to give thanks for AE. Without it, I would go insane and ballistic with GT.

AE autocrafting system FTW!

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I transferred my save from mindcrack to ultimate. It took some work to accomplish, and I ended up with a late game world but no quartz at all for AE. I couldn't use it until I finally got a frame miner set up in a new mystcraft world which I finished last week. This weekend I've been setting up my AE system and pulled my inventory into it, and have been working adding auto-crafting to it.

One word describes AE- impressive!!

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Grrr. I still need to do this!

If I spent half as much time actually playing Minecraft as I did arguing on the forums, I daresay I'd have a few things done by now.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Resources to craft, or energy to operate?
Quartz. The most quartz-consuming items are conversion matrixes and storage disks. Each chest requires a conversion matrix, while drive does not. And I think, it may require a bit less energy than bunch of chests

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Barrels actually synergize quite well with AE. I highly recommend using them to store things like cobble and dirt early on, then hook up your barrels to your network via an interface bus once you get some infrastructure set up.

It's a very nice way to only keep a certain number if items in your system if it's coming from a "limitless" supply. I use this setup for cobble, sand and glass in my AE storage. It's stored in chests attached to the network to make sure I don't accidently fill up the entire network with cobble.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
It's a very nice way to only keep a certain number if items in your system if it's coming from a "limitless" supply. I use this setup for cobble, sand and glass in my AE storage. It's stored in chests attached to the network to make sure I don't accidently fill up the entire network with cobble.
Formatted disks for the win!

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
In terms of resources, yes. In terms of energy consumption, haven't done an experiment yet.
Chest with no disk uses 1 unit. A chest with any disk uses 3 units.
So 30 units, assuming all have disks.

ME Drive uses 2 units + .5-2 per disk depending on the disk type
1 ME Controller uses 6 units
1 ME Terminal uses 1 unit

So 14 - 29 units total depending on disk types in the drive.

At least in 9.i.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I love about AE, makes it so darn easy for me to package up all my stuff onto some drives, put them in a canvas bag, and when I do a world restart - I can just copy over my player data and unpack all my stuff that I got legitimately. I did that and ever since it's just been terrific if I don't want to start over from scratch.

Oh and thanks to a video I watched this weekend. If ya take a drive, put it in your bar and select it, shift right click and I think it separates the memory unit from the drive case so you can upgrade the unit to the next step up. So cool. I didn't test to see if it left the data in tact though - that'd just be gravy.