Draconic Armor is broken OP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Googling suggests that's a mekanism thing. Confirm?

I've never touched mekanism.
Yes, it's Mekanism thing. Also the max sixe it's 18x18.

Mekanism it's a pretty cool mod, it has a Fusion Reactor that produces lots of power and steam, when it's actively cooled. You should take a look at it.

Anyway both the Fusion Reactor and the Ore Quintupling Mekanism has require lots lf infrastructure(that's how you spell this word, right?).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes, it's Mekanism thing. Also the max sixe it's 18x18.
Mekanism it's a pretty cool mod, it has a Fusion Reactor that produces lots of power and steam, when it's actively cooled. You should take a look at it.
I'm just waiting for the right expert-type pack to come along and introduce me to the mod, I don't play most kitchen-sink packs. Infinity-expert being an odd exception (if you consider it such) :)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm just waiting for the right expert-type pack to come along and introduce me to the mod, I don't play most kitchen-sink packs. Infinity-expert being an odd exception (if you consider it such) :)
Mekanism's in Regrowth, if that's are your sort of thing. A pack based on a wasteland world with no ores at all, so you have to either use Magic Crops or go to the Nether and avoid angering the pigmen. They don't like their ores being stolen.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Mekanism's in Regrowth, if that's are your sort of thing. A pack based on a wasteland world with no ores at all, so you have to either use Magic Crops or go to the Nether and avoid angering the pigmen. They don't like their ores being stolen.
Sadly I got bored with Regrowth after a couple days :( dang.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
The new Draconic Armor now makes the wearer immune to even having their HP set, or even dying at all.

Avaritia, the mod with the invincibility armor and insta-kill sword, was made as a parody making fun of Draconic Evolution. Now Draconic Evolution has an update to make the armor stronger than Avaritia. It literally one-upped a mod making fun of its one-upmanship. I can't even anymore.

This is a mod people play and put in packs. That people think is good design. That people actually argue is balanced. What even is real life?

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The new Draconic Armor now makes the wearer immune to even having their HP set, or even dying at all.

Avaritia, the mod with the invincibility armor and insta-kill sword, was made as a parody making fun of Draconic Evolution. Now Draconic Evolution has an update to make the armor stronger than Avaritia. It literally one-upped a mod making fun of its one-upmanship. I can't even anymore.

This is a mod people play and put in packs. That people think is good design. That people actually argue is balanced. What even is real life?
Can your Sword of the Dragonslayer, at least, still drain Draconic's charge?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Can your Sword of the Dragonslayer, at least, still drain Draconic's charge?

Nope. It's immune to the sword too.

I could code a way around it, but that'd just be asinine. We'd just be going back and forth with counter-code until one of us crashes the game and gets our own FTB Unhinged pack. I'm not getting into a dick-waving contest over this.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

I could code a way around it, but that'd just be asinine. We'd just be going back and forth with counter-code until one of us crashes the game and gets our own FTB Unhinged pack. I'm not getting into a dick-waving contest over this.
Geez.

I agree with your sentiment earlier. I don't even...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

We don't want to repeat 1.4 drama...

Probably best to just agree that DE is made for people who don't like to die, and like to have no challenge once they get to a certain point

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
We don't want to repeat 1.4 drama...

Probably best to just agree that DE is made for people who don't like to die, and like to have no challenge once they get to a certain point

Even without DE there's no challenge after a certain point, once you have enchanted diamond armor or equivalent, no non-boss mob can touch you. DE isn't meant for that. Let's face it, DE is basically just wish fulfilment. A lot of people find fun in going around saying "lolololololol look at me I'm so oh pee". It's not there to make the game easier, it's there to make you feel like a badass, possibly also to appeal to the "the strongest mod is the best" crowd.

Whether it accomplishes it or not depends on the person, of course.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill

Does that mean that a player in Draconic Evolution Armor can't be killed by the /kill command? To me this doesn't look like a good game design.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019

If it helps, i'm with your opinion. What the Draconic Evolution Author did is childish. If i want OP, i might aswell regress into playing ye olde EE2.

And that makes you more mature then most.

Even without DE there's no challenge after a certain point, once you have enchanted diamond armor or equivalent, no non-boss mob can touch you. DE isn't meant for that. Let's face it, DE is basically just wish fulfilment. A lot of people find fun in going around saying "lolololololol look at me I'm so oh pee". It's not there to make the game easier, it's there to make you feel like a badass, possibly also to appeal to the "the strongest mod is the best" crowd.

Whether it accomplishes it or not depends on the person, of course.

*cough* PSI *cough*

Seriously though, i'm looking forward for the balancing of PSI. Atleast with you i know that it will eventually become balanced.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
it's [Draconic] there to make you feel like a badass

Its very hard to see someone as 'badass' when they're cowering inside a fortress. Badass is that guy in leather pants beating the snot out of everything with a shovel. In all honesty I'm reminded of those Youtube commenters who are 'badass tough guys' only when hiding behind a computer screen.

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
So Draconic Armor now is like playing as Chuck Norris in MUGEN? It probably will end up escalating to stuff like a weapon that permabans anyone it strikes, and then armor that makes the player have no hitbox, and then a weapon that shuts down the server when you left click, a mob that crashes your game when you look at it, etc. etc.

At least before there were a couple of things that could kill you if you weren't careful, such as some of the Thaumcraft bosses in the Eldritch dimension, or if you drain yourself too much with Blood Magic.

Personally I like really strong armor that makes it hard to die, but you should still be able to die if you're really careless, and you should be least be able to be forced to retreat if you get into a dangerous fight without sufficient planning.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ya know, there's an easy way around this...well, at least from a purely theoretical perspective: make a thing that makes a player drop their armour. Without it, they're squishy as a newborn and can easily be killed. If you REALLY wanna be a dick, just have the thing delete ("destroy") any armour the user wears, done. I will admit, though, that I find it rather ridiculous that the draconic armour prevents a player from having their health set. I don't mind ultra-OP stuff, but even I got my limits, and preventing a fundamental piece of the game from functioning is one of 'em.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ya know, there's an easy way around this...well, at least from a purely theoretical perspective: make a thing that makes a player drop their armour. Without it, they're squishy as a newborn and can easily be killed. If you REALLY wanna be a dick, just have the thing delete ("destroy") any armour the user wears, done. I will admit, though, that I find it rather ridiculous that the draconic armour prevents a player from having their health set. I don't mind ultra-OP stuff, but even I got my limits, and preventing a fundamental piece of the game from functioning is one of 'em.
I sorta agree. When I made JordsUtils the first armour I added was Uberium armour. This was made to make you invincible. No one could hit you and hurt you... however, a tool that set your health was always a late game item, and only ever something a player would have. So it was fair that a player could beat a user wearing Uberium as it would only ever be in a PvP situation, and they would be on a level playing field as the person wearing the armour (also, I made a sword that was specifically made to kill the player, but it would attack like you hitting a player in iron armour with a diamond sword)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Wait so DEs dev actually countered that FM sword? Lol I saw that one coming.

Hopefully Spiteful doesn't live up to their name and cause some drama.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

I sorta agree. When I made JordsUtils the first armour I added was Uberium armour. This was made to make you invincible. No one could hit you and hurt you... however, a tool that set your health was always a late game item, and only ever something a player would have. So it was fair that a player could beat a user wearing Uberium as it would only ever be in a PvP situation, and they would be on a level playing field as the person wearing the armour (also, I made a sword that was specifically made to kill the player, but it would attack like you hitting a player in iron armour with a diamond sword)

DE armor prevents you from being hit at all. On-hit effects can't proc, so no werewolf armor stripping, Infinity Sword health setting, etc...

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
I have another question since I haven't played in a while. Did he buff the Draconic Armor (awakened draconium tier) or did he add a new tier above the existing Draconic Armor?