Doubt I'll be running out of Gold anytime soon...

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
This has got to be a result of the add-on, it must have registered the liquids as possible pages, and that registration won't disappear just because the add-on is removed. These are variants of the Mystcraft item ID for a page, not new item IDs added by the mod. Oh, and I bet an ocean of glowstone would be hilarious (if it didn't just grind the game to a complete halt)! Lakes of it might be more achievable.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
No glowstone as there's no TE in 1.6.2
And Phil, with Mystcraft Addons, the pages they register DO invalidate upon removal of it (becoming the "?" pages). In the case of this addon, I have found pages that are definitely from it for things like beehives, certus quartz ore and other ores hat aren't normally pages, all of which invalidated when I removed the addon to test whether or not the addon was causing the liquid pages. Yet, the liquid pages themselves did not invalidate when I removed the addon

Seiklus

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a link to said add-on or somewhere I can find a list of add-ons? Sorry, I've looked around and couldn't find a thing on this "mystcraft sidekick".

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

Draakon

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say it's potentially a bug with the addon, unless base Mystcraft had some changes in 1.6. It's been said many times, especially by Xcomp, that any resource (ore, liquids, etc) added by any mods needs to use the Mystcraft API in order to use it in Ages. If a mod does not do such a thing, it defaults to overworld generation. That's why for example you won't see much tin, copper and silver (depending on what mod generates these, but this is true in 1.5.2 Thermal Expansion ores) using Dense Ores pages like you would with vanilla ores.

Either the addon you linked derped out, the mod that added liquid gold (TiC I presume is the gold seen in the screenshots) started using Mystcraft API or indeed Mystcraft ditched this and went for ore dictionary instead.

To test this theory AND this part:
Yet, the liquid pages themselves did not invalidate when I removed the addon
remove the mod that added liquid gold. Which I presume is TiC.

gokogt386

Jul 29, 2019
No bugs :). This is how the new fluid API works. Mystcraft adds support for pretty much all fluids. You can even make a steam age.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
the question would be least in this case. can you successfully build an age without anything but mystcraft with gold/metal seas or somesuch ;-)

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Except it ISN'T the result of the addon. I removed it and the pages which are being demonstrated as excessively powerful are still valid after its removal (while many oher ones I had including a few different beehives aren't valid anymore. And I found the UU page after I'd removed the addon too. My only thought is that mystcraft itself must be grabbing all the various liquid blocks itself for use as pages unless they're on some sort of blacklist which the ones in question presumably aren't
The spawning was due to the add-on but the liquid metal was from TC so of course it wouldn't disappear the add-on just adds the spawning ability not the ability to exist think about it this way of you delete your minecraft launcher you can't make new worlds but you still have the like ones

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
And my newest find; An island world surrounded by a literal OCEAN of liquid Cobalt
4fb87OF.png
Lucky, I got an ocean made of lava and a 9x9 platform of stone when I made one:(

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
well at least there's lava.....[DOUBLEPOST=1388876882][/DOUBLEPOST]
No bugs :). This is how the new fluid API works. Mystcraft adds support for pretty much all fluids. You can even make a steam age.
so now you can make a age with liquid steam and call it pumk :3

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
And when i thought what to do with the huge amount of gold i have - make a golden lake :)) I think when molten gold is in mystcraft world all of molten materials from Tinker's Contruct will be in new mystcraft worlds - sweet.

Oceans of liquid UU matter, milk, honey, seed oil, liquid dyes :)

NoPain9

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything that this can be used for, I know we can pick it up and place it down. But that's it? Like you can't convert it into actuall bars or something. I know it would be a little OP in a sense but still :p.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
The liquid gold cobalt ect can I think be put into a tinkers construct smeltery idk how this would be done I just know the liquid metal is from that mod

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Is there anything that this can be used for, I know we can pick it up and place it down. But that's it? Like you can't convert it into actuall bars or something. I know it would be a little OP in a sense but still :p.

If you put it into a TiCo Smeltery, you're able to transform it into ingots / blocks.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Also know how to perhaps :p?

Haven't tried it myself tbh, but you might be able to either put buckets of the liquid into the controller or pipe it into the controller from a tank nearby.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need to get it into a smeltery last time I checked. Either fluiduct it into a casting table/basin or attach a smeltery faucet? (the little thing you right click-costs 3 seared bricks) to the tank the liquid is in and drain into a casting table/basin.