Doubt I'll be running out of Gold anytime soon...

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Fm1NTkY.png

So yep, exploring random mystcraft ages in my 1.6.2 instance, and come across an age with some rather large lakes of molten gold.
For anyone wondering, those tendrils are made of the TiC slimy leaves - I use the mystcraft sidekick addon which automagically adds various mod blocks as pages
And now I just found the page for molten copper in the next age I visited; guess I won't be short on that soon enough too

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, different metals seem to occupy different amounts of space per bucket though (various numbers of blocks). It also sets you on fire when you touch it (I nearly died in some molten silver I didn't see before). Weirdly, the amount picked up by a bucket from these lakes, and the amount the same bucket will place back down is rather inconsistent

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
wait... is molten metal an actual liquid that can spawn in mystcraft ages or only with the addon you have?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
That's something I'm not currently sure of, I might do some testing later when I have time. The problem I'm noticing with it currently is that, because there are so many molten metals compared to the number of the rest of the liquid pages available that they are appearing in nearly every single random age I'm generating.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
So I've just removed the addon that was giving me pages from various modded blocks, and the pages for the molten metals are still in my possession - they don't require the addon. Even more disturbingly, I have a page for the new liquid UU from the IC2 v2 experimental builds...

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Why nerf it? As said it was a feature of an addon, not the orgianal mod. I would so go for it just for decorations. Lakes of molten gold, look how rich I am.

Reactions: AlanEsh

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Except it ISN'T the result of the addon. I removed it and the pages which are being demonstrated as excessively powerful are still valid after its removal (while many oher ones I had including a few different beehives aren't valid anymore. And I found the UU page after I'd removed the addon too. My only thought is that mystcraft itself must be grabbing all the various liquid blocks itself for use as pages unless they're on some sort of blacklist which the ones in question presumably aren't

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Except it ISN'T the result of the addon. I removed it and the pages which are being demonstrated as excessively powerful are still valid after its removal (while many oher ones I had including a few different beehives aren't valid anymore. And I found the UU page after I'd removed the addon too. My only thought is that mystcraft itself must be grabbing all the various liquid blocks itself for use as pages unless they're on some sort of blacklist which the ones in question presumably aren't

That doesn't mean the addon didn't actually make something possible that was originally blocked from spawning by mystcraft itself. I have done a lot of travelling in mystcraft ages to gather pages and I've never ever seen a cobalt, gold or any other liquid added by other mods. So I seriously doubt that Mystcraft itself lets you find anything like that.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
That doesn't mean the addon didn't actually make something possible that was originally blocked from spawning by mystcraft itself. I have done a lot of travelling in mystcraft ages to gather pages and I've never ever seen a cobalt, gold or any other liquid added by other mods. So I seriously doubt that Mystcraft itself lets you find anything like that.

Which minecraft version did you test in? I'm using 1.6, which includes the forge fluid system which mods can use to add all liquids to their containers without manually adding an item of the container holding that fluid for each one. My thoughts are that Mystcraft is using a very similar if not the same process to add the liquids as pages

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Which minecraft version did you test in? I'm using 1.6, which includes the forge fluid system which mods can use to add all liquids to their containers without manually adding an item of the container holding that fluid for each one. My thoughts are that Mystcraft is using a very similar if not the same process to add the liquids as pages

Oh, no. I'm on 1.5.2 so you could be on to something there :)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I'd say the implementation of it probably needs a bit of refinement though
(I'm kinda curious as to how an ocean of steam might work - and yes that is a page I've found)