Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
As it seems, we might stay with this mod for a while, so i have decided to learn the mod and its contents a bit meaning that i will go away a bit from the doc settlement, to live as an eremit to learn how to work with those things...i was unfortunate that i joined the server when most "research" was already done and the team was already in the bronze age, leaving me with no choice but to go on^^...but as i want to learn how this thing works, i will walk a while away to learn the stuff and then come back to the settlement..so leave me a bed there^^

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Well... my laptop keyboard is broke. I may be able to get on and play a bit with a USB keyboard but as I will need a flat surface (like a desk) to put all my peripherals on when I play I imagine it will be less frequent. (I do most of my gaming lounging in my bed) Payday is drawing near so I may be able to work a replacement keyboard into the budget ($24 and free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime). Keep your fingers crossed.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
Hm...i am not sure with this mod right now...i dont think this mod is really hard or something...it is indeed harder than vanilla and has many brilliant ideas (i like the knapping and the sluicing and the tree chopping and those logpiles...)...but it is so freaking annoying that everything you want to do takes a lot of time...

i am not in the age, when i played wow and i had lots of time to farm stuff and sit around for hours waiting for something to happen...

and then i am a minecraft gamer who likes to build and lets everything look neat, fine and efficient...but with this mod, you cant even place dirt to have a nice and efficent farmland, because dirt blocks have no nutritients when you place them...

this mod is not harder, it just takes lots of time to get things done^^

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
Phantagor, I would disagree with you. When a player works hard to find 16 pieces of a hard to find ore, and then smelt it, pour it, shape it, attempt to craft it to an item only to lose all the pieces, I think that would qualify as harder than minecraft.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
Phantagor, I would disagree with you. When a player works hard to find 16 pieces of a hard to find ore, and then smelt it, pour it, shape it, attempt to craft it to an item only to lose all the pieces, I think that would qualify as harder than minecraft.

na...that is the same problem as with mining lots of diamonds, having your best enchanted equipment on and then dropping down into lava^^...such things happen in minecraft...that is minecraft...that is life^^...but i would be damned if i have to cook every single freaking pork chop one after another...in reallife i could put the whole pig on a stick and cook it^^

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed with the cooking. Single pieces take too long. But I don't agree with the lava example. If I step or fall in lava, its my goof and I deserve to lose everything. What happened with my ingots could not be 'user error' according to the wikia and videos. So a mod that deliberately does some of these actions is harder. In minecraft or ftb, when you don't have the receipt right you just can't make it. Here you lose everything, and which is very much hardrr.

EJM

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry you don't see me much on the TFCraft server guys. To be completely honest, the mod is amazing, don't get me wrong, but the amount of patience it needs is beyond the one I can give due to my lack or free time these days. In the meantime, I'm playing a bit of FTB to learn more in preparation for the new server, hope you don't mind =)

Faesyn

Jul 29, 2019
No problem Neel, there's always a bed for you if you want it. It does take quite a bit of free time to really get anything done in TerraFirma.. Doc showed a picture of practically four walls, an arch way, and a road.. It took me and doc both literally five or six hours to mine resources and place JUST the arch way and road.. (and then someone let a creeper blow up part of it..) :/ anyway... Always welcome to join us Neel :)

FlightFreq

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm starting to get into this mod finally. I like the smithing aspect. I had a bad glitch though, so be aware: I was melting bismuth in the bloomery and it refused to accept coal... I broke one of the brick blocks (not the bloomery itself) to get the coal back, and then logged and relogged to see if that fixed it. Well when I came back the bloomery block was gone entirely. Anyway now it won't let me craft a replacement using the recipe on the wiki. So if any mod comes along to find it missing, that's what happened. The ingredients for the new bloomery are in the chest with all the filled molds directly in front of where the block should be. So please if you could replace it it'd be much appreciated.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you mean CHARcoal, because coal does not work in a bloomery. Nor can you use COAL to make a bloomery. CHAR only :)

FlightFreq

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh.... Of course it'd be something as stupid as that.... I'll go find my shame hat and fix the bloomery.

R8MC

Jul 29, 2019
I'll wait for FTB as well, I tried this mod but I don't like it that much... See ya soon! :)

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm hasn't been that many people on the last few days. Those that have been on haven't stayed long. Is everyone done with TFC already? I guess when the only thing left to do is rinse and repeat it kind of loses it's appeal. I'd like to make some of the last two tier metals but with nickle difficult to find I'm not sure I can take much more.

I hope the mods "state of play" goes well because 1.5 ftb still looks a ways off and my gage of some of the others posts and whatnot is pegged at "natives are getting restless". Just my humble slightly sleepy opinion.

Rake

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm hasn't been that many people on the last few days. Those that have been on haven't stayed long. Is everyone done with TFC already? I guess when the only thing left to do is rinse and repeat it kind of loses it's appeal. I'd like to make some of the last two tier metals but with nickle difficult to find I'm not sure I can take much more.

I hope the mods "state of play" goes well because 1.5 ftb still looks a ways off and my gage of some of the others posts and whatnot is pegged at "natives are getting restless". Just my humble slightly sleepy opinion.

TFC really didn't do much for me. I've never been a vanilla MC player and TFC, while more difficult than vanilla, is probably less interesting than it to me. I'm already itching to get back into FTB and build something grand. I'm taking this time between worlds to catch up on other games, and to give myself a bit of a break from MC. I know that when we have a new world, I'll be there a lot. I've thought about starting a SSP world, but don't see the point in putting time in a world I know I won't play again once we're in 1.5. Hopefully we're just a few weeks away at most.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
I know the community is waiting on Minecrack to get the update finished, but have you considered the Ultimate modpack? I don't know if it is in the same update status as Minecrack, so don't know if that is a possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.