Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tatsu011

Jul 29, 2019
Ive been buisy with schoolwork and birthday. (Birthday was sunday btw), I would love to get on sometime when Im not floodded with schoolwork.

tatsu011

Jul 29, 2019
I should be free from the grasp of college homework by the second weekend in May. Thats also when I graduate :)

Faesyn

Jul 29, 2019
It's all fun and games till a . . . drops on your head or an explosion of lightning causes . . . . ;)

Sir_Squ

Jul 29, 2019
I know for me personally I have been playing around with good old Better Then Wolves, It seems like FC just might possibly be getting less crazy or something because he is offering to pardon my ban from his forum witch was nice of him. ( First one to leave the mod now is first one back :p). It actually pretty nice playing MC and not having massive lag. Meh, I am making light of what has acutely been a some what heated debate I had with myself over the idea of "owning ideas" and what not, seems like that is becoming quite the issue here with Minecraft mods.

Now dont get me wrong I am not saying we should switch one way or the other, in-fact it is my intent to say nothing towards this issue at all since I felt I overdid it last time when we jump ship form BTW to begin with, I felt that I have grown enough to realize that I tend to get "caught up" in new ideas and that I might not have the most objective view on things.

I DO know however that we are always looking to improve the play experience for all, and thought the Minecrack pack is fun and challenging it also seems to be quite the memory hog.

Whatever I have probably said more then I ought to have said. But thats only because I haven talked to you guys in weeks :). And on that note if you guys did want to reach me just PM me via this forum system because I still dont feel like I have the whole G+ thing down.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Funny you mention BTW because after hearing several people talk about it and reading some on the wiki I've been interested in trying it. I'm still playing thru TFC but maybe I'll be checking out BTW soon. I understand there's some sort of history between DoTS and FC and I'm staying out of that but the mod looks interesting to me.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Now now kiddies, we know the drill...
BTW is the equivalent of Voldemort, we do not name it, we do not talk about, we don't deal with the people involved. Discussion in private is up to the discretion of the people involved, but in public it is not named.

Razzle

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick note to say that I will probably be unavailable until Sunday or later, as some of you know the husband is getting back today!!! Four months will finely be over!!! *dances* I'm rushing around the house like a mad woman making everything perfect :)

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all. I've been playing around a bit on my personal FTB ultimate server and I found a few things that seemed a bit off flavor. In particular the modular power suits were really cheap for how powerful they are. This prompted me to start digging around in the configs and make some changes. Here is the result of the tweaks I made to my server to make it in line with some of the DoTS rules and to "rebalance" other mods in line with gregtech style difficulty. Please take a look. If you're one of the OPs maybe consider some of these settings for when the server returns to FTB (even if it's back on Mindcrack some settings still apply). If you admin your own server please provide feedback on what you like or don't and what you have done to tweak your own.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BC2z1wHTYMjTAHXQfMrXwIrQCs41hDYz49oTQ_CUjtw/edit?usp=sharing[DOUBLEPOST=1365190484][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and a little explanation. The bolded titles are filenames. What is seen is default values and the parenthetical statements are the changes I made/suggest.

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Things may look quite for now but rest assured that we are working something out at the moment.

Your input hasn't gone unnoticed Jvon either. ;)

Reactions: danw3st

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Relax phanta, there will be massive project, and depending on how things come through, that will dictate what projects those are ^^

Razzle

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch SirJerryTheGreen, that sucks :x

Just a note to say I'm back a little later than promised but pushed back the travelling day a day :) I'll be afking on ts again :)

Aceldamor

Jul 29, 2019
I quite like the idea of roles. My fear with TFC was that I unfortunately can't spend a majority of the time on the DoTS server, (as much as I enjoy hanging out/talking to the community) that I would be left in the dust on progression when I could log on.

A friend of mine plays on a FTB server where everyone has their own property, like we had. The difference is everyone also has a centralized storefront where products are offered for sale/trade. People on the server whom operate said storefronts are the only ones who ccan manufacture/sell/trade said products. Granted this is done on an honor system, but it has surprisingly been successful and leads to more of a communal feel. Just kind of a thought for the future.

I may jump into TFC, just so I can check out the MOD myself and it may be an easier thing to play when there are other peeps online to glean info from.

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Server going down for planned maintenance/testing
In 36 hours from the time of this post the Server is going to be shut down for maintenance and testing purposes. This is likely your last chance to grab a few screenshots and say good bye to your TFC creations. Should you wish to get your hands on a copy of the map or parts thereof contact one of the moderators.

Reactions: R8MC
Status
Not open for further replies.