Private Pack Dogs of the State: Colony [DotS Pack v1.0]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

EJM

Jul 29, 2019
In a completely unrelated note (I just want to let this out).

I got accepted into pharmacy college =D
All I have to do now if try to get into medecine, if not, I'll do the pharmacy, wish me luck!

Reactions: danw3st

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
In case you were missed in the tossing of the code, it's located on the private DotS G+ page, where all of you SHOULD BE members! And before I forget:
Read the bedrock wall!
Creeper says NO. (The signs have been blown away by a creeper.)

IMarv

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone Please Read:

Things are still in a formative stage, but here's some detail on what you can and can't do.

Gather resources inside the boundaries of your plot. That means mining below the surface, and gathering on-top resources as well. Don't go outside your plot to chop wood or kill animals or gather sand. You can lure a couple of animals back to your plot to breed them, but otherwise leave the critters alone. (picking up eggs is ok)
I'll try to get some wood blocks and saplings into a chest at spawn as soon as possible, so if you end up with a grassland plot you'll be able to get some trees going.
Our current Colony is surrounded by water, it's pretty easy to figure out where the world boundary is located. Islands are free to mine and gather, loot the ships and other dungeons you might find.
Might be a good idea to stay away from the floating sky dungeons till you're heavily armored.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
Uh..i thought the first steps are to mine stuff and build roads and so on BEFORE we start claiming plots? at least the signs at the bedrock wall did say that

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to thank Doc Hussey for welcoming me back to DotS after a forced time out with TFC. I would also like to state again that I am sorry for my behavior on the TFC server. That mod brought out a manner that is has never been in me before, and I apologize to those players for my attitude on that mod. I look forward to helping rebuild this new map world. As most know, I am not the most creative of minds in architect, but please tell me what resource you need and I will do my best to help supply the needs as one of the Servers Quartermasters-in-training.

Again thank you Doc, DanW3st and others for all your assistance and understanding

UPDATED: And my first problem. I went in and opened the Private Pack tab Doc told me and entered the passcode. It went to the Mojang screen as normal and when I got to the multiplayer select, it showed a red 1.5.1 and X for the Dogs. I assume I have updated and the Dogs has not. Is there any way to get the older version (if that is the issue)? Any help would be appreciated, thanks?

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Osh, just close it and open again, it should be ready for you add a new server (check the OP for the IP address)

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Dan, but I see my problem. While I entered the code, I didn't download the actual pack from the left side panel. Doing it now[DOUBLEPOST=1365874611][/DOUBLEPOST]Dan, Doc, when tying to enter the screen says I am still banned. I will await word from you on changes. Thank you

Kayse

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I could have sworn I had joined the G+ group before TFC. I probably screwed that up, I'm not fluent in G+. Well, applied now.
-Steven

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble with the FTB launcher? Today, nearly every time I try to log in, the screen freezes on the Launch page, to the point that I am unable to move to other packs, or even press launch. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded the launcher twice today and still it persists. It required me using the Task Manager to close out as each time it replies that the launcher is not responding. Is this happening to anyone else?

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
I did check the java. I uninstalled and completely reinstalled the newest 64 bit for my system. Still the same issues.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
3rd install of Java, 4th of the laucnher. I can't explain what is happening but it just started since I downloaded the new pack. Not blaming anyone or angry, just disappointed after waiting so long that I can't access and re-join you guys. As my launcher is locked completely out with this issue, I can't even access my single player maps.

UPDATED: the only way to unlock it is to go where the Dogs of the state folder is downloaded, delete and hope for a good re-install.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
Well after much experimenting, the only way to get the FTB launcher to work is to first delete the Dogs of the State modpack folder, then on the launcher click on it and have it re-install. Seems I must do this every single time of I want to use the launcher. Anyone have any suggestions?

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to be an issue with a couple people but not a general issue. No idea why, as many people have left and returned with no issues.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
So I am not the only one but a few others are suffering through this? Good to know it is not just something on my system. I can do it each time, but it is an pain in the buttocks

Deaths_Messengr

Jul 29, 2019
Go into %appdata% and delete the FTB folder there, then delete everything in the FTB folder you told the launcher to install to. Run the installer again, everything should be Kosher.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Today we have accomplished A LOT! Here's some screenies to let you see just how grand things have gone!
There's an overview of everything showing the Visitors Complex and the temporary shelter/farms.
This is inside Building One.
The FINAL Hall of Colours. Note the beautiful Fountain in the middle.
The Walkway between Buildings One and Two.
Interior Building Two

Reactions: Faesyn and danw3st

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
Someone please accept my G+ join request, send me the pack code, or something! My email address starts with an F, and I just cancelled and resubmitted the request... if that helps...

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Someone please accept my G+ join request

Tesmetron, and anyone else requesting to join our G+ community, please PM me your G+ user name so I'll know which requests to approve. We get request all the time from people who don't have anything to do with Dogs of the State.

Sir_Squ

Jul 29, 2019
Bah Changes! trying to figure out how to connect now I have been goon for FAR too long!!!