Does We gonna play soon on FTB 1.5.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DrRed

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke said on his stream that he doesn't think Ars Magica fits in the Ultimate pack. FC members are also complaining of its bugs, I don't think it will be in the Official Beta Pack

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica is incredibly invasive to the world as a whole - spawns more random buildings than Thaumcraft entire worldgen combined, its adds new mobs that attack other mobs, and such things. It's more meant to be a standalone feature, or at least the cornerstone around which other mods are selected, than it is to be just a part of a whole pack; I can see why it would be examined critically.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the theme of the Ultimate pack was that it's... the Ultimate pack. It's the one with ALL the mods, right? It has no magical or technical bias, so why on earth wouldn't Ars Magicka fit with it?

Oh well. If DW20 gets Tinkers Construct and Ars Magicka while Ultimate languishes, I'll just switch back to DW and add MFR, Secret Rooms & Bibliocraft myself. I imagine that's easier than configuring a frighteningly large mod like Ars Magicka.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
And Thaumcraft does? I'm not personally vested in whether or not It *fits* in the pack, but if Thaumcraft does, why not Ars Magica?
You really need to play with ars magicka a little. I'm of the same opinion as Slow, it doesn't really fit, but not because it's "magic".

It doesn't fit because you can use the fabricator to craft you some red dye for 120 essence, some wool for 200 essence(numbers could be off), craft them together and put them back into the nexus to gain 6500 essence.

It doesn't fit because you can use the fabricator to craft you some stone bricks for 200 essence, crack it in a pulverizer (working on two clockwork engines!) and put that back into the nexus to gain 3500 essence.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. You can get a fully charged minium stone for a whooping cost of 3500 essence!

Or a diamond for 15000 essence, which is less than one sheared colored sheep!

In other words, it doesn't fit in, not because it's buggy, but because it's broken as fuck.

Of course, all essence costs can be adjusted.... but still....

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I would set up my own pack but I'm to lazy to update it ugh
I set my own pack up exactly because I can update it all the time. Using MultiMC and that NotEnoughMods bot list for daily updates is easy and pretty quick.
Also, I like how MultiMC works a bit more than the FTB launcher.

EDIT: As for Ars Magica, I guess I like it for all the pretty world gen structures. I don't care that much about all the magic when I have the power of SCIENCE!

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I'd really like the option to choose if *I* think it fits, or not. Everyone plays Minecraft differently.
Sure I guess, I mean, It's why I'm playing with ars magicka, breaking the game like that is fun for me.

But I just don't think it's... right to toss that monkey wrench into the careful balance, that even the modders themselves seem to balance for nowadays, that is Ultimate. It's a bit of a benchmark, really. One of the problems is that ultimate is default, really. Most people will select it unthinkingly. And yeah, they could change it, they could remove it. But in the real world, such things don't happen. Default is what the majority uses. And it's okay that you want it, but the cruel harsh truth is that such ee2esque gameplay would in fact rather ruin many a persons playing experience.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Sure I guess, I mean, It's why I'm playing with ars magicka, breaking the game like that is fun for me.

But I just don't think it's... right to toss that monkey wrench into the careful balance, that even the modders themselves seem to balance for nowadays, that is Ultimate. It's a bit of a benchmark, really. One of the problems is that ultimate is default, really. Most people will select it unthinkingly. And yeah, they could change it, they could remove it. But in the real world, such things don't happen. Default is what the majority uses. And it's okay that you want it, but the cruel harsh truth is that such ee2esque gameplay would in fact rather ruin many a persons playing experience.

Maybe a solution would be a bigger magic pack.

And I posted my comment while you were posting yours, so I hadn't taken your points into consideration. I could maybe see it being an issue, especially with servers. But still - do want.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a solution would be a bigger magic pack.

And I posted my comment while you were posting yours, so I hadn't taken your points into consideration. I could maybe see it being an issue, especially with servers. But still - do want.
Do put it in then :).

But yeah something still ultimatey, but more magicky would be grand.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
You really need to play with ars magicka a little. I'm of the same opinion as Slow, it doesn't really fit, but not because it's "magic".

It doesn't fit because you can use the fabricator to craft you some red dye for 120 essence, some wool for 200 essence(numbers could be off), craft them together and put them back into the nexus to gain 6500 essence.

It doesn't fit because you can use the fabricator to craft you some stone bricks for 200 essence, crack it in a pulverizer (working on two clockwork engines!) and put that back into the nexus to gain 3500 essence.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. You can get a fully charged minium stone for a whooping cost of 3500 essence!

Or a diamond for 15000 essence, which is less than one sheared colored sheep!

In other words, it doesn't fit in, not because it's buggy, but because it's broken as fuck.

Of course, all essence costs can be adjusted.... but still....

Sure, if this is Slow's reasoning, then I can see his (and your) point. I think the mod has promise, it just needs a lot more work. My personal complaints about the mod has more to do with the insane amount of "empty" worldgen, like the giant ender/obsidian towers with nothing in them. Give me a reason to explore, and make 'em dangerous.

Reactions: Poppycocks

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
You've always had the option to customise your own pack.

Yes, I realize that. I'm currently playing on my own 1.5 build.

The fact is (for me anyhow) is that more options for the people, the better. As it stands, I disable lots of mods in Ultimate before I play. I like that they are there for me to choose from and everything works happily together. That's sort of where I was going with this. Not everyone can build their own modpack, which is sort of the premise FTB builds off of.....

Reactions: southernfriedbb

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I generally only update my personal pack once a week as any more than that is insane :D

budge

Jul 29, 2019
We need way to instain 1.5.1. who upgrade thier mudpks. because these mudpuck cant frigth back?
how is babby formed
how is babby formed

I would like it if there was an Ultimate variant that included the UE mods. I want a particle accelerator so bad!

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
The way I understood it, that was the intention. The beta part of the beta pack doesn't refer to the mods, but to the pack itself. Once the mods are settled, the beta pack is there to test the configs, and make sure that everything works together before putting the packs out proper.

It takes literally 10 min to config a pack correctly.
min.

There is nothing 'beta' about that. The mod authors do 99.999999% of the work.
unless you quit at the 5min mark and call it a days hard work. :D

We need way to instain 1.5.1. who upgrade thier mudpks. because these mudpuck cant frigth back?
mudpack an hero is you and doesnt afraid of anything[DOUBLEPOST=1367558739][/DOUBLEPOST]Just manually add extra mods (Magica) ontop of Ultimate. Call it the MegaUltimate pack and scoff at people with the normal version

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
It takes literally 10 min to config a pack correctly.
min.

There is nothing 'beta' about that. The mod authors do 99.999999% of the work.
unless you quit at the 5min mark and call it a days hard work. :D
Well, erm. No. It takes 10 mins to ensure that there are no conflicts. Configuring a pack correctly, particularly for wider distribution is more difficult. Unless you haven't noticed, the team do actually put a fair amount of work into testing and making sure that the pack is halfway balanced before release.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Well, erm. No. It takes 10 mins to ensure that there are no conflicts. Configuring a pack correctly, particularly for wider distribution is more difficult. Unless you haven't noticed, the team do actually put a fair amount of work into testing and making sure that the pack is halfway balanced before release.

Yeah, it can take hours to get every ID sorted into the correct forestry backpack configs. Plus, you go in and configure a mod and find it completely broke another mod. I find item ID conflicts are worse than block IDs. Sure, block IDs can crash the game, but item conflicts can end with smelting tin into fusion reactors and other complete craziness like that.

10 minutes can get you into the game, if you're lucky.