Does We gonna play soon on FTB 1.5.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Liron

Jul 29, 2019
when i watch direwolf20 playing forgecraft2 with all the new and cool mods i wanna play them to
when the pack that include those to will get out to public??

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You might be waiting a while for FTB to release anything 1.5, you can make the mod pack fairly easily yourself if you know how.. I currently have a 1.5 mod pack I put together with the main mods just so I can play around, test and learn the new stuff before playing on a server.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that they are currently waiting for some of the core mods to stabalise before releasing a beta pack thing.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft just posted its update yesterday. That was one of the big ones that were still missing, so it's a significant step forward.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Need to get a recompiled BuildCraft after the 3.5.0 update as they have fixed the pipe texture bug, anyone know how to do it ?

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Buildcraft needs another update, IC2 is still in alpha, railcraft has a public beta but thats it, Its still raw Forgecraft is about the future. They play test them there before making a mod pack for us.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Can people not download mods themselves anymore in your country?[DOUBLEPOST=1367501595][/DOUBLEPOST]
Buildcraft needs another update, IC2 is still in alpha, railcraft has a public beta but thats it, Its still raw Forgecraft is about the future. They play test them there before making a mod pack for us.
IC2 is not in alpha. They arnt even in beta, they dont have that much more to do.[DOUBLEPOST=1367501651][/DOUBLEPOST]
Need to get a recompiled BuildCraft after the 3.5.0 update as they have fixed the pipe texture bug, anyone know how to do it ?
Read their instructions. It isnt that hard really. Hardest part is installing ant.[DOUBLEPOST=1367501698][/DOUBLEPOST]
I believe that they are currently waiting for some of the core mods to stabalise before releasing a beta pack thing.
Which is hilarious it being a beta pack and all.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to play myself, but, to be honest, I have been spoiled somewhat by FTB and the launcher. It's taken the hunting down of mods out of the picture and made things useful again.

That said, I'm currently having a whale of a time growing a TC node in my base using bees, and developing my collection of forestry trees (still not sure what I'm going to do with them, though). At some point I might even set up an auto-mining system!

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019
I've been planning on setting up my own 1.5.1 pack temporarily while waiting for FTB to release theirs, but I worry about picking the right selection of mods. Ideally I'd like to transfer my world over when the FTB pack is released, but to avoid complications, I'd have to know which mods are going to be featured in the new pack. We can probably exclude RedPower, but I'm assuming there are going to be other changes?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
In a sense, yes, but releasing something with a swathe of bugs would just cause more trouble. For example, if they released the pack with one large known bug, lets say that if you placed a pattern table in the border of a nexus, it turned into a fish. This isn't really a game-breaking bug, and they could tell people in the description, on the forums, and as a pop-up when they downloaded it. They would still be spammed by topics/posts/messages about the fish bug, which would be useless, and damaging, because it would stop them seeing the stuff that actually mattered.

Having a beta pack is fine, but they won't be doing it before the mods are at least mostly stable.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Beta releases should be "stable" - they should have no known major bugs at the point of release.The point of a beta release is to get it out to a large number of users that can find the more subtle and less obvious bugs that alpha testing didn't show up. So yes, a mod should be stable before including it in a beta pack. Stable doesn't mean entirely bug-free.

Liron

Jul 29, 2019
mdayo new mods and the new magic mods also there beacuse if there is a beta relese pack that good for multiplayer i wants it :)

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Beta means "we've ironed out the bugs we could find ourselves and it's pretty stable" not "if you connect a BC pipe to this thingemajig your world explodes" ;)
Good thing that wont happen. So wheres the beta?[DOUBLEPOST=1367517691][/DOUBLEPOST]
Beta releases should be "stable" - they should have no known major bugs at the point of release.The point of a beta release is to get it out to a large number of users that can find the more subtle and less obvious bugs that alpha testing didn't show up. So yes, a mod should be stable before including it in a beta pack. Stable doesn't mean entirely bug-free.
Ive had a "stable" personal "beta pack" for weeks. So.... ?????

"sharks" with "frikken lasers"[DOUBLEPOST=1367517857][/DOUBLEPOST]
In a sense, yes, but releasing something with a swathe of bugs would just cause more trouble. For example, if they released the pack with one large known bug, lets say that if you placed a pattern table in the border of a nexus, it turned into a fish. This isn't really a game-breaking bug, and they could tell people in the description, on the forums, and as a pop-up when they downloaded it. They would still be spammed by topics/posts/messages about the fish bug, which would be useless, and damaging, because it would stop them seeing the stuff that actually mattered.

Having a beta pack is fine, but they won't be doing it before the mods are at least mostly stable.
They are at least mostly stable. Have been for days on days, son. Wheres da pack?
If they keep waiting, their beta pack wont be beta anymore, it will be full of non-beta mods.

Some of you act like I dont know the status of FTB mods.:confused:

Reactions: RedBoss

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
They are at least mostly stable. Have been for days on days, son. Wheres da pack?
If they keep waiting, their beta pack wont be beta anymore, it will be full of non-beta mods.

Some of you act like I dont know the status of FTB mods.:confused:
The way I understood it, that was the intention. The beta part of the beta pack doesn't refer to the mods, but to the pack itself. Once the mods are settled, the beta pack is there to test the configs, and make sure that everything works together before putting the packs out proper.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I just woke up from a weird dream thst our server was updating to minecraft 1.6 which I didn't know was out so I checked my email and there was hundreds of spam messages all pretending to be from Mojang about 1.6 but were just spam good enough to get past the filter. Stupid dream 'logic': Mojang don't even send email about releases. So yeah now I think I am awake but it's 5AM so my brain isn't working so for I know this migjt be completely unreadable and I should get back to sleep unless this is part of the dream.

Sent from my dream using Reverse Inception.