Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help with something. Anyone know if there's a way to:

-Have a chest that automatically fills another chest with items
-Have only one stack of an item in the chest at any time
-Refill the chest with the exact item whenever the item is removed from the chest
-Metadata matters

I'm trying to set up a chest in which people can go and grab any item from the chest and it will automatically refill the chest with the item they took. The main problem i'm having is that it's the same item with different Metadata so it always refills with Metadata 0 instead of the Metadata they took.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
AE precision export bus? (Plus a level emitter on the chest most likely)

I was going to say Translocators, but I'm not sure its in dw20 1.7. And Translocators might not work with metadata how you want.

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Can't find the AE Precision Bus.. Translocators is included in the pack and i've tried it but it didn't work as i expected...

Mind giving me a little more instruction on how to make it work using Steve's Factory Manager? (I don't really know much about that mod ^^; )

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Can't find the AE Precision Bus.. Translocators is included in the pack and i've tried it but it didn't work as i expected...

Mind giving me a little more instruction on how to make it work using Steve's Factory Manager? (I don't really know much about that mod ^^; )

A precision bus is a normal bus with a upgrade added to it.

Downwind

Jul 29, 2019
I was just wondering the same thing... Can anyone shed some light on this? Because I would love to use covers to cover up my pipes from extra utilities. Seems chisel blocks and the AE2 facades work just fine so some cables are covered. Also wish that these had connected textures like the full blocks.

Well no one replied but I heard Dire mention him still wanting this in his pack, on forgecraft the other day. So im guessing its still a work in progress and didn't make it to the 1.0.2 update. Heres hoping it is in 1.0.3 until then I am making do with using the painted blocks from Ender IO and AE facades. I gotta say I am really loving this pack and Ender IO is a ton of fun.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
yea took a while to get it but it works also ive run in to an issue not sure if its something i have to edit in config but seems like buildcraft pipes and enderio item conduits dont seem to connect to the tesseract for some reason only way i have been able to send items through is by using hoppers which is pretty slow and thoughts on that would be helpfull as im trying to get a ender quarry in the nether

I'm slowly working on adding support for Tesseracts to BuildCraft. Should be out this year.

Reactions: GeneralZinn

Merendel

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help with something. Anyone know if there's a way to:

-Have a chest that automatically fills another chest with items
-Have only one stack of an item in the chest at any time
-Refill the chest with the exact item whenever the item is removed from the chest
-Metadata matters

I'm trying to set up a chest in which people can go and grab any item from the chest and it will automatically refill the chest with the item they took. The main problem i'm having is that it's the same item with different Metadata so it always refills with Metadata 0 instead of the Metadata they took.

I cant be 100% sure on the meta data bit but the setup I've been useing has been able to tell different versions of the same chisel block appart, not sure if its using meta data to differentiate those or not, I'd have to look. I have an ME interface keeping itself stocked and I'm using a translocator with the dimond nugget filter that pulls from the interface and keeps a stack of specific items in an enderchest.

If that does not work in your situation I'd recomend looking at some spotlite/tutorial videos of steves factory manager. I think the ones direwolf did a month or so back tell you enough to cobble togeather something that stores exactly X of a specific item (meta data included if you tell it to)

Reactions: Equitime

Fyrhtu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm seeing an error on my server where several, but not all, clients will occasionally have an issue where their client crashes (completely- MC window closes, no error message) on server join (join server, starts loading, they see the brown MC background, hear several "machine" sounds, and then the java window completely crashes.) Have had them reinstall java, reinstall the modpack, completely rip out and reinstall the launcher- so far, the ONLY thing that "fixes" it is removing their player data from the server, and this is only a temporary "fix."
I've necro'ed an older thread from another player seeing similar issues over on the server support section and included the client logs I could find; if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks! http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/players-client-crashes-when-joining-direwolf20-server.55376/

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO did add markers for the ender quarry, they are made in the QED. Don't recall the exact name, but should be able to find them in NEI.

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
just seen that jabba has been made more stable, and that enderio had a big update and was wondering if that means we will get an update to 1.03 soon (how often do the packs get updated?)

Fyrhtu

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Anyone else seeing an issue where throwing a Singularity (in order to build a paired singularity) causes the player (and any player on the server, at least in the same dimension; haven't tested beyond that) to be kicked/crashes single player worlds back to the menu? (On the server, any players kicked can't log back in until the standard 5-minute despawn timer has elapsed...)

Downwind

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Anyone else seeing an issue where throwing a Singularity (in order to build a paired singularity) causes the player (and any player on the server, at least in the same dimension; haven't tested beyond that) to be kicked/crashes single player worlds back to the menu? (On the server, any players kicked can't log back in until the standard 5-minute despawn timer has elapsed...)

Yes this just happened to me today, I filed a bug report. I hope something is in the works to fix this. I only found 1 other post about this, so I don't know how well know this is but it definitely puts a halt on my AE plans.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
just seen that jabba has been made more stable, and that enderio had a big update and was wondering if that means we will get an update to 1.03 soon (how often do the packs get updated?)

@progwml6 was testing 1.0.3 in a live stream a couple of days ago... I don't know what packs are being updated but I hope they fix the "Crash on World creation" and being unable to run creative worlds at all issue(s) that many seem to have with 1.0.2

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
@progwml6 was testing 1.0.3 in a live stream a couple of days ago... I don't know what packs are being updated but I hope they fix the "Crash on World creation" and being unable to run creative worlds at all issue(s) that many seem to have with 1.0.2
cool, i shall keep my fingers crossed.
I found that flat world or any world with bonus chest resulted in a crash, other types seem ok (though i havent tested extensivly)

Downwind

Jul 29, 2019
I have been finding more and more bugs in this pack lately, I am just hoping that a 1.0.3 update will fix most of them.

Flat world bug, quarries in any dimension besides overworld, server crash from ender quarry / ic2 power what ever that is, open peripherals not reading chests, jars, drums, advanced turtle recipe in NEI, the singularities unable to be made, the constant server log spam whenever a thaumcraft essentia crystallizer is being used "had over a 20gb server log file"... im sure there is more this is just what i found in the last 2 weeks trying to do multiple projects and I keep hitting road blocks with these bugs.

This is a great pack and tons of fun but I just wish that updates could get pushed out a little faster because some of these have had fixes for a while now just not updated in the pack. The launcher would be great if you could click edit mod pack and then select a mod and press update and it would automatically grab the latest version of that mod. This would be really easy for servers and clients to update mods in a pack in between pack updates.

Reactions: Equitime

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an ETA for 1.0.3, Direwolf20 mentioned a problem with Steves factory manager a week ago that 1.0.3 would fix and I have been struggling with the time back-step as I had already made a couple of auto processes with them, thought I could put up with it for a few days but it's a week now.