Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

mrgreaper

Jul 29, 2019
The reason people are politly asking for a rough idea on an update is due to the fact 1.02 is causing issues on servers (and singleplayer) and fixes are available. As we get closer to the christmas holiday us server admins want to get our servers stable so we can spend more time with our familys and less time fixing servers. We are not demanding an update, or pesturing for one, we are simply expressing how high the need is for one. Links to stupid songs are not helpful in this regard, in fact they are likely to just cause arguments and piss people off.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
The reason people are politly asking for a rough idea on an update is due to the fact 1.02 is causing issues on servers (and singleplayer) and fixes are available. As we get closer to the christmas holiday us server admins want to get our servers stable so we can spend more time with our familys and less time fixing servers. We are not demanding an update, or pesturing for one, we are simply expressing how high the need is for one. Links to stupid songs are not helpful in this regard, in fact they are likely to just cause arguments and piss people off.

As it was "I" who asked I hope that I am not starting an argument by replying (I will certainly not continue it if it does)

I understand where your coming from wanting to update your server.
I also understand that there are a number of issues that are being resolved and while it would be nice to have an update that solves the issue that your having and I would like an update that addresses the issue I am having it would be a shame if they fixed one issue only to discover that it made other problems worse.
I would not say I am happy to wait but I am certainly prepared to wait until they are satisfied with the update to release it.
Remember they are not delaying updates for the fun of annoying people and they are not minions at our beck and call, real people with real lives doing this because they (mostly) enjoy doing it, when they get the time.

BTW I was in no way offended by the link, I have a sense of humor, if you look on ebay you might be able to buy yourself one for christmas

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
Asking for ETAs doesn't help either. Also a lot of the fixes can be done serverside.
I can update every mod on my server, do a lot of changes etc. But where does that leave my players? Especially those that can't edit their clients modpack. It does seem that ftb are slower than ever getting packs out. Just a thought not a criticism.

chuiu

Jul 29, 2019
The mods that do matter require both client and server to be updated. He is correct that the FTB team is much slower at getting updates and packs out of the door. Forge just released an update to fix world gen lag issues, Tinkers just released an update that adds new weapons and changes some old stuff. At the rate the FTB team moves we wont see that stuff til middle of January.

Also where are the chisel multipart configs? They should have launched with the modpack. We were asking about them prior to the 1.0.2 release and they didn't add them there. These aren't something new or particularly hard to do, you can find them easily through a google search. But, again, this is something that needs to be done through the modpack update because both server and client need them and on server situations it becomes a huge pain to guide each individual person through the process of changing it themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Equitime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
FTB team is much slower at getting updates and packs out of the door.
If you like you can create a pack. Do all the configuration settings. Test it. Release it. FTB isn't the only source of packs there are and anyone can make a pack. You might even be better at it then they are.

From what I have seen of there packs though they are showing more and more quality. They aren't just shoving stuff together and hoping for the best. They actually take the time to make sure it works and is set up right. They key word there being "time". They could either give you a buggy half assed piece of crap that is completely up to date, or a carefully thought out and tested product.

chuiu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I've done that, three times now. I was hoping I could save myself the trouble of making my own modpack this time around and use the FTB one for me and my friends but it turns out they aren't being updated nearly as quickly as they should and their configs are a mess (I've had to fix several things on my server already). They call it a 'beta pack' but what they really mean is 'we don't test it as much as we should anymore. here you go'.

Here FTB team. Multipart configs for a few mods: http://pastebin.com/zmpTSW7G
Extra trees doesn't seem to work, don't know why. When I get more time I can provide Botania multipart configs since I couldn't quickly find those.

From what I have seen of there packs though they are showing more and more quality. They aren't just shoving stuff together and hoping for the best. They actually take the time to make sure it works and is set up right. They key word there being "time". They could either give you a buggy half assed piece of crap that is completely up to date, or a carefully thought out and tested product.

I don't know whose modpacks you're comparing FTB to, but you're very wrong.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Also where are the chisel multipart configs? They should have launched with the modpack. We were asking about them prior to the 1.0.2 release and they didn't add them there.

I was hoping I could save myself the trouble of making my own modpack this time around and use the FTB one for me and my friends but it turns out they aren't being updated nearly as quickly as they should and their configs are a mess (I've had to fix several things on my server already).

Here FTB team. Multipart configs for a few mods: http://pastebin.com/zmpTSW7G
Extra trees doesn't seem to work, don't know why. When I get more time I can provide Botania multipart configs since I couldn't quickly find those.

Random question to start - you say your will "provide Botania multipart configs" "When I get more time" - how is it you understand time restraints and prioritising when it is your time but can't fathom that the FTB team and mod devs who donate there time have similar, possibly more demanding restraints?

I have underlined a few things in your messages "They should", "we were asking" sounds a lot like what is wrong with much of the world - a sense of entitlement - the feed the beast team "should" be devoting more of their time because "we were asking"

Maybe there is something wrong with me but I don't feel entitled to a new update, I feel grateful to those who have done what they have done so far and hope they continue to do so and a new update will be out when it is ready.

Remember it was the people who felt they were entitled to hassle Notch for faster updates etc who made it easier for him to offload the hassles to Microsoft (I am sure the money helped but he did resist for a while). The FTB team and modders can't sell but they are entitled to stop anytime they want, some have already done so and the mods have been taken up by others but that will not always be the case.

From what your saying you seem to have knowledge that may be useful, maybe instead of criticising those that are doing the work you should be contacting the team to see if you can be of help. I think JadedCat looks after Direwolf20 pack, at least she could help you find who is doing it now. Maybe you could take on 1.04 yourself and then you should have it ready as soon as we are asking

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
Random question to start - you say your will "provide Botania multipart configs" "When I get more time" - how is it you understand time restraints and prioritising when it is your time but can't fathom that the FTB team and mod devs who donate there time have similar, possibly more demanding restraints?

I have underlined a few things in your messages "They should", "we were asking" sounds a lot like what is wrong with much of the world - a sense of entitlement - the feed the beast team "should" be devoting more of their time because "we were asking"

Maybe there is something wrong with me but I don't feel entitled to a new update, I feel grateful to those who have done what they have done so far and hope they continue to do so and a new update will be out when it is ready.

Remember it was the people who felt they were entitled to hassle Notch for faster updates etc who made it easier for him to offload the hassles to Microsoft (I am sure the money helped but he did resist for a while). The FTB team and modders can't sell but they are entitled to stop anytime they want, some have already done so and the mods have been taken up by others but that will not always be the case.

From what your saying you seem to have knowledge that may be useful, maybe instead of criticising those that are doing the work you should be contacting the team to see if you can be of help. I think JadedCat looks after Direwolf20 pack, at least she could help you find who is doing it now. Maybe you could take on 1.04 yourself and then you should have it ready as soon as we are asking
I think that if a lot of us could help ftb then we would. When I say they are slower than before this is going on past experience and is not a criticism. Maybe they should make it easier for us to help them.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

chuiu

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaaand here are the microblock configs for Botania:

# Botania
"Botania:livingrock":0-4
"Botania:livingwood":0-5
"Botania:prismarine":0-2
"Botania:seaLamp"
"Botania:dreamwood":0-5
"Botania:reedBlock"
"Botania:thatch"
"Botania:customBrick":0-15
"Botania:quartzTypeDark":0-2
"Botania:quartzTypeMana":0-2
"Botania:quartzTypeBlaze":0-2
"Botania:quartzTypeLavender":0-2
"Botania:quartzTypeRed":0-2
"Botania:quartzTypeElf":0-2

Time? Yes ... time. Well, Ocker, if you think they have precious little time to do these things then perhaps they shouldn't be? If your job is to make a mod pack, bug test it, and release regular updates then you should do that in a timely manner. If you cannot then it is obvious you should not be doing so to begin with. I'm not asking these people to suspend their personal lives to do this, they already do this on their own. If you do not have the time to do the work necessary to maintain a modpack then maybe you should not be doing these things to begin with.

I would love to, and I am trying to help by providing the multipart configs.

EDIT: Also side note, I've tried helping them in the past as well by providing the proper versions of mods to one of their packs when they were giving us the broken version. But they refused my help citing they got their updates strait from the developer. Which was interesting because I downloaded it right off his forum post.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
If your job is to make a mod pack, bug test it, and release regular updates then you should do that in a timely manner. If you cannot then it is obvious you should not be doing so to begin with.
Aaaaand there's the bit where your argument falls flat. This is not their 'job', it's all volunteer. At least a few of them are in college, and it's finals time, so I think you could be a bit more patient. Regardless, it seems like you've done a good job of solving your problems yourself. Have your players update the mod versions/configs from Dropbox (or wherever) and bam! Problem solved. If your players can't figure out how to drag and drop a file, then I'd suggest that problem is easily solved via the whitelist :p

Reactions: Hambeau

lostjester

Jul 29, 2019
I want to join in my server. I install 1.0.2 server but i cant join my server. Fatally missing blocks and items error. My client version is 1.0.2
FTB Launcher logs:
[10:12:26] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Injecting existing block and item data into this client instance
[10:12:26] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:reducedFzDarkIron
[10:12:26] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:reducedIron
[10:12:26] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:crystallineIron
[10:12:26] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:dirtyGravelFzDarkIron
[10:12:26] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:cleanGravelIron
[10:12:26] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:dirtyGravelIron
[10:12:26] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:crystallineFzDarkIron
[10:12:26] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [FML]: Found a missing id from the world aobd:cleanGravelFzDarkIron
[10:12:26] [Netty Client IO #1/INFO] [MineMenu]: CLIENT: Disconnected from server, enabling all click actions
[10:12:26] [Netty Client IO #1/ERROR] [FML]: Failed to connect to server: there are 8 missing blocks and items

Thanks for everything.

chuiu

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaaand there's the bit where your argument falls flat. This is not their 'job', it's all volunteer. At least a few of them are in college, and it's finals time, so I think you could be a bit more patient. Regardless, it seems like you've done a good job of solving your problems yourself. Have your players update the mod versions/configs from Dropbox (or wherever) and bam! Problem solved. If your players can't figure out how to drag and drop a file, then I'd suggest that problem is easily solved via the whitelist :p

All the FTB team needs to do is drag a few files into a folder, update the configs, and BAM! the pack is updated for literally everyone playing it. Problem solved!

Also when you volunteer yourself to do something then you take on the responsibility to do that job. So yes, it is their job.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
All the FTB team needs to do is drag a few files into a folder, update the configs, and BAM! the pack is updated for literally everyone playing it. Problem solved!

Also when you volunteer yourself to do something then you take on the responsibility to do that job. So yes, it is their job.
You're right. You should demand your money back.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

Well said Bagman817 nothing to add to that

Chuiu is the smiley face in the Botania config supposed to be there or is that an example of the error checking that we could expect.

My last word on this topic (Honest) The fact that the FTB team would not take the mod from anyone but the designated author gives me greater trust in the integrity of the product not to mention the fact that the dev's may not be too happy if anyone is able to contribute a mod on their behalf simply by asserting that it came from the authors own forum. I believe most if not all the FTB team have access to the internet and could get the mod from the forums but the way things work (I believe) is that the dev's submit them to FTB when they are happy to do so and FTB does not use any mod OR update until the dev submits it.

chuiu

Jul 29, 2019
The smiley face is forum code formatting, if you copy and paste the text it still shows up fine.

My last word on this topic (Honest) The fact that the FTB team would not take the mod from anyone but the designated author gives me greater trust in the integrity of the product not to mention the fact that the dev's may not be too happy if anyone is able to contribute a mod on their behalf simply by asserting that it came from the authors own forum.

I provided them the link to the download the mod author had put up as well as the forum post showing the download. If that isn't good enough then I don't know what is, because that's what the rest of the fucking world uses.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'd rather avoid getting into this argument. But what I would like to know is if the players are getting troubled by the slow updates and/or the FTB team is getting overworked why aren't they simply requesting help? I'm sure there are skilled members who would love to help. And many hands make for light work.