Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Something is wrong with version 1.0.2 for me. When I updated from 1.0.1 I got crashes when loading game so I completly removed pack and downloaded 1.0.2 but it was downloading only "logs, resourcepacks and saves" folders. Now I went back to 1.0.1 and everything is fine.

1.0.2 has a weird issue... It crashes back to the desktop after world creation, but you can immediately restart, load and play the world just fine. It also doesn't create the "Cheat Chest" if you select that option, and I was unable to create a playable creative world before 1.0.2 went to recommended. I haven't tried since.

Fyrhtu

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the 1.02 update was supposed to enable microblocks with Chisel? That doesn't seem to be the case on my server/client?

caizeker

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I'm having an issue with the Morph mod on the 1.0.2 version of this pack.
Every time I morph into something that is one block tall and attempt to fit in a one block tall space, it starts to suffocate me >.<
Also, I am having an issue where the courser doesn't match where my character is breaking or clicking.
I've looked all over for a solution, and I've tried re-installing and re-adding Morph, but nothing is fixing it.
Can anyone please help me?

Downwind

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the 1.02 update was supposed to enable microblocks with Chisel? That doesn't seem to be the case on my server/client?

I was just wondering the same thing... Can anyone shed some light on this? Because I would love to use covers to cover up my pipes from extra utilities. Seems chisel blocks and the AE2 facades work just fine so some cables are covered. Also wish that these had connected textures like the full blocks.

sau1hudson

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere and I've missed it but is anyone having performance issues with dw20 1.7 pack?

I'm on the latest version (1.0.2) but this issue has affected my server since the pack was released. Basically generating new world causes huge amounts of slow down and lag, the server goes into overdrive eating up resources and if you keep trying to generate new world eventually the clients get DC'd (timeouts) and ulitmately the server itself crashes. This isn't just a bit of lag it's the whole server literally locking up and crashing after generating a few dozen new chunks of land. Once the land is generated everything returns to normal. The server has 8GB of ram, 4 cores and should be more than ample to handle the pack I'm sure. Also I've tried the fastcraft mod but it I couldn't tell any difference in performance at all. The server has no chunk loaders of any kind running and there are only a couple players on at any one time so as the server isn't a public server just friends and family using the server.

I hope that makes sense, any help or ideas on what could be causing the issues would be much appreciated?

Cheers
Saul

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere and I've missed it but is anyone having performance issues with dw20 1.7 pack?

I'm on the latest version (1.0.2) but this issue has affected my server since the pack was released. Basically generating new world causes huge amounts of slow down and lag, the server goes into overdrive eating up resources and if you keep trying to generate new world eventually the clients get DC'd (timeouts) and ulitmately the server itself crashes. This isn't just a bit of lag it's the whole server literally locking up and crashing after generating a few dozen new chunks of land. Once the land is generated everything returns to normal. The server has 8GB of ram, 4 cores and should be more than ample to handle the pack I'm sure. Also I've tried the fastcraft mod but it I couldn't tell any difference in performance at all. The server has no chunk loaders of any kind running and there are only a couple players on at any one time so as the server isn't a public server just friends and family using the server.

I hope that makes sense, any help or ideas on what could be causing the issues would be much appreciated?

Cheers
Saul
We have a similar problem on my CH 2gb server. get rid of aroma backup, turn off journey map Web thingy and update enderio to the newest version. This will help some. We can really tell the difference, tho we are still having massive performance issues and the server crashing. hope this helps.

sau1hudson

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. We don't have the journey map web thingy, or at least I can't see a mod for it in the mods folder. I'll certainly try turning off the backup thou we can live without that easily enough. I'm a little relucant to start updating mods outside of the FTB updates to the pack but tbh there are many updates to mods since 1.0.2 already so it might be worth it depending on how quickly FTB get updates out.

How do I tell that the journey map web thingy is running, is there a port number like dynmap?

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. We don't have the journey map web thingy, or at least I can't see a mod for it in the mods folder. I'll certainly try turning off the backup thou we can live without that easily enough. I'm a little relucant to start updating mods outside of the FTB updates to the pack but tbh there are many updates to mods since 1.0.2 already so it might be worth it depending on how quickly FTB get updates out.

How do I tell that the journey map web thingy is running, is there a port number like dynmap?
I can't exactly remember as it was a while since I did it. Look in the configs, look into switching it off in journeymap in game.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I can't exactly remember as it was a while since I did it. Look in the configs, look into switching it off in journeymap in game.

I'm pritty sure journeymap is a client side mod. It wouldn't be in the server package.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
fixed had to keep placing it over and over and over again for it to work finally got it

It wasn't a problem. It's not an instant transformation. It's a bit random. And can take up to I think a half minute to change.

Just placing it in a closed room for a bit should work.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

sau1hudson

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pritty sure journeymap is a client side mod. It wouldn't be in the server package.
Yeah I'm 99.99% sure we dont have it on the server version of the pack so it's not that causing the slow down. TBH its virtually unplayable when it gens new content and we almost always end up rebooting the server. I'm thinking I might download the world and try generating new land on my PC in single player mode and then putting the world back to the live server. Bit messy but my desktop PC has more juice than our server so should be a bit better. Seems like whatever is causing this problem is affecting other servers and needs addressing by the FTB team maybe?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
It wasn't a problem. It's not an instant transformation. It's a bit random. And can take up to I think a half minute to change.

Just placing it in a closed room for a bit should work.

I've seen people place it in a 1 block hole to generate the slime(s).

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm 99.99% sure we dont have it on the server version of the pack so it's not that causing the slow down. TBH its virtually unplayable when it gens new content and we almost always end up rebooting the server. I'm thinking I might download the world and try generating new land on my PC in single player mode and then putting the world back to the live server. Bit messy but my desktop PC has more juice than our server so should be a bit better. Seems like whatever is causing this problem is affecting other servers and needs addressing by the FTB team maybe?
I hope they can do something. It would be good not to have to restart the server at least once a day.