Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else have an issue with toggling hover off using the IC2 jetpack? It turned on just fine, but now it's stuck there. I tried remapping the button, but the only way to get it to stop is to take it off. When I put it on again it's still in hover. Reboot doesn't fix anything. Not a big deal as it's just a temporary fix on the way to a Powersuit, still...
Same thing here. Keybind issue maybe? dunno.

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else also have troubles with the Thermionic Fabricator?
When I look up a Thermionic Fabricator recipe with NEI the client crashes.

http://pastebin.com/gBpvuw32

And if I try to use the old Gold Electron Tube Recipe (5 Gold, 2 Redstone with Molten Glass) it doesn't work either. Did the recipe change? I also noticed that some Carpenter recipes in NEI crash the client as well, but the old recipes still work in the Carpenter.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It's a little counter intuitive though. You'd think you could change the mode without having it on, like the Mekanism jetpack.

Perhaps but unless you want to try setting a key for every toggle-abl function of every mod then you have to do it like that.

lordtorus

Jul 29, 2019
It's true that EnderIO conduits cause lags? Because Direwolf have a good PC so he wouldn't notice it, but I try to keep my game lag-free so it's kinda important. And if its true what other conduits/pipes are good for replacement? My last playthrough was long ago and many things changed (like fluiducts from TE are missing).

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
I did yes, i have an axe, mining (with diamond upgrade) and shovel modules.
Those arent modules but upgrades and they are just active on all you mine/chop/dig, too bad they are bugged since you can only mine cobble with the fist not even stone
Railgun, plasma, the leaf thing, blink drive and the lux capacitor are modules for the fist that you can scroll trough

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It's true that EnderIO conduits cause lags? Because Direwolf have a good PC so he wouldn't notice it, but I try to keep my game lag-free so it's kinda important. And if its true what other conduits/pipes are good for replacement? My last playthrough was long ago and many things changed (like fluiducts from TE are missing).

Any pipe can cause lag if you use a cubic metric but ton of it. EIO shouldn't be a problem.
Just remember If you cram 3 types of pipes into one space it still takes as much system resources as 3 pipes. So a much more compressed system will take as much system resources as a system that was not compressed like that even though it takes up less game world space.

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
It was suggested to me that I updated enderio to the latest version to see if that eased the massive lag on my and others servers. In my base I was taking it easy and just had enderio sorting. I had lag spikes that affected my client and brought my i7 to a stop. Updating has fixed that I think. Has it fixed the lag on the server? It may have eased it but there are definitely other things going on.

Danman

Jul 29, 2019
played for 10 mins then game crashed when i placed a gold autartic gate on a pipe next to a combustion engine. Can't get back into the saved game just crashes when I try and load it.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
cant play D: it crashes at the mojang screen
http://pastebin.com/MpSUDTFs

version: 1.0.2

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]        Memory: 530231464 bytes (505 MB) / 1055916032 bytes (1007 MB) up to 1431830528 bytes (1365 MB)
[*]        JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx1536M -XX:PermSize=256m
[/LIST]
This looks like it might be your problem. I'm not a Java command line flag expert, but it looks like your configuration is:

Minimum ram: 256MB
Maximum ram: 1536MB
Permgen: 256MB

When DW20 1.7.10 was released the recommended memory sizes were:

Minimum ram: 2GB
Maximum ram: 4GB

Can someone verify that I have read the pastebin correctly?

How much ram do you have installed? If you have 6 or 8 GB installed try editing your client options to use 4GB.

Lazorturkey

Jul 29, 2019
Just noticed he has a 2.0 RC and it works with this pack. Thanks for the heads up, not sure why that didn't occur to me. Think I might try out Schematica though, this thing takes forever on a project 223wx212dx125h and I have several more large projects to save. =P
Exactly which version was it? Ive tried all the 2.0 RC and mine still doesnt fully load.

Kilamity

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]        Memory: 530231464 bytes (505 MB) / 1055916032 bytes (1007 MB) up to 1431830528 bytes (1365 MB)
[*]        JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx1536M -XX:PermSize=256m
[/LIST]
This looks like it might be your problem. I'm not a Java command line flag expert, but it looks like your configuration is:

Minimum ram: 256MB
Maximum ram: 1536MB

When DW20 1.7.10 was released the recommended memory sizes were:

Minimum ram: 2GB
Maximum ram: 4GB

Can someone verify that I have read the pastebin correctly?

How much ram do you have installed? If you have 6 or 8 GB installed try editing your client options to use 4GB.

tried setting it to 4 GB but it still doesnt work.
http://pastebin.com/RR4aV7bR

my ram is 8 GB

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
tried setting it to 4 GB but it still doesnt work.
http://pastebin.com/RR4aV7bR

my ram is 8 GB

Looking at the new config shows "-Xmx4096", indicating the maximum ram has indeed changed, but you still have "-Xms256M", which is only 256MB, or 1/8th the recommended amount, possibly keeping the game from starting with all the mods.

If you go into the FtB client and click the "Options" tab at the bottom you will see your Java version listed, with a rather large "Advanced Options" button. Clicking this brings up a window with the 3rd line being "Additional Java Parameters".

Try putting
Code:
-Xms2048M -Xmx4092M -XX:PermSize=256m
to set the startup values to what you need.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Kilamity

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the new config shows "-Xmx4096", indicating the maximum ram has indeed changed, but you still have "-Xms256M", which is only 256MB, or 1/8th the recommended amount, possibly keeping the game from starting with all the mods.

If you go into the FtB client and click the "Options" tab at the bottom you will see your Java version listed, with a rather large "Advanced Options" button. Clicking this brings up a window with the 3rd line being "Additional Java Parameters".

Try putting
Code:
-Xms2048M -Xmx4092M -XX:PermSize=256m
to set the startup values to what you need.

Good luck.

the struggle is real.
http://pastebin.com/iim1hwKu
did what u said and i also removed hats mod and hat stand mod

Lathen

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 1.7.10 - 1.0.2 - Ender IO

Having issues with Powered Lights from Ender IO, once placed in the world they turn into Wireless Powered Lights, anyone else experienced this?

Edit: Also, right clicking any Wireless Powered Light causes a crash to desktop every time
Edit 2: Same result in a freshly created singleplayer world.

Last edited: