Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
I did a few quarry tests in different biomes and iron is 1.5 times as abundant as other ores, generally.

By the way, quarryplus looks like a cool mod to add to the pack. Ender quarries are a bit weird now with the upgrades.

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Ferrous and Gold are everywhere while I have troubles finding Diamonds and Iron.

Also, does anyone know if the support from MFR for Ender-Lily Seeds was removed? My Planter and Harvester don't work with them anymore. It worked fine in my last 1.6.4 world.

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
Also using the enderIO SAG mill you get iron a lot when you process other ores. Just a tip. :)

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Ferrous and Gold are everywhere while I have troubles finding Diamonds and Iron.

Also, does anyone know if the support from MFR for Ender-Lily Seeds was removed? My Planter and Harvester don't work with them anymore. It worked fine in my last 1.6.4 world.

Did you try them on Ender cores?

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, ferrous is ridiculous, since it makes no sense it spawning above lower levels (unless some mod requires huges ammounts of nickel or invar... dunno about IC2, never played much with it)

About the iron... dont understand the struggle. I started "strip-hammering"(every 5 blocks hammered 4 to the left and 4 to the right) at level 33 for maybe 100-150 blocks and come back with almost two stacks of iron... Pretty good for manual mining!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Also using the enderIO SAG mill you get iron a lot when you process other ores. Just a tip. :)
Or the pulverizer, same chance.

And... if you want to cheat, the ender io furnace is kinda duplicating results when you fill the three slots by dragging the mouse. :p

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
@slowpoke

is this pack stable enough not to require a map restart when updating to the versions sure to follow this release? (smp)

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
Or the pulverizer, same chance.

And... if you want to cheat, the ender io furnace is kinda duplicating results when you fill the three slots by dragging the mouse. :p

True but the sag mill - if loaded with flint or even better, dark steel balls - is a lot faster.

As for the dupe glitch, hadn't found that out. :D

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I found it while making the ender IO glass.
Picked 12 nether quartz and dragged it over the slots so it would smelt the 12 at the same time and make 3 glass.

Nope, only smelted the first slot and gave me 2 glass and after that when for the other slots, ending up with 4 glass instead of 3.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Oke guys I got a annoying bug with NEI. Sometimes the recipes freeze and it won't work anymore. I know that by restarting your whole client it works again. But after a few times of freezing and restarting the client, NEI won't show any recipes at all. At my right hand side of the screen, where you normally can find all the recipes by clicking through them, it will show 0/0 pages of recipes available. And when I restart the client it wont fix it. I have to delete the client and redownload the pack to fix it. But after a few times of freezing it happens again and again and again.......

Its really annoying me atm.

I do play on a server, provided by the ftb launcher to download. But I don't think thats the problem because when I would switch from MP to SP after I restarted the client. It would still show 0/0 on the right side of the screen. So no recipes at all.

I hope somone knows whats wrong and can help me out. Its stopping me from playing the game atm because I don't know the recipes I need. I do enjoy the pack though :)

I have found that it just takes time for NEI to start showing items. It usually takes a few minutes after loading a world before I see anything listed in NEI.

Reactions: RestrictedDruid

zidane2

Jul 29, 2019
So far 1.7.10 version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 is unplayable for me, i have a server and playing with my friends and its lagging so much all the time unlike 1.6.4 witch runs smoothly on decent settings.
I tried decreasing to the lowest render distance,disabling lighting and all that stuff, turned off journeymap (ctr+J) and NEI , but still lags a lot.

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
I'm completely shocked that so many have been having such widespread issues with crashes, even booting up the pack. I am playing on my Macbook since 1.0.0 and I haven't had a single issue. Usually I'd expect there to be some. I hope subsequent versions help others who are experiencing this!

ĐevE@gŁ3

Jul 29, 2019

This did not solve my problem ... Unfortunately, the hunch that this modpack was not properly tested or are tested with 16gb of ram on their computers, 8-core processor. This is very interesting, especially from the FTB! No new launcher, you ought to be addressed, but the players are served at ...

Sorry my BAD english! I'm hungarian minecraft player/youtuber, and translate Google Translate...

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I'm completely shocked that so many have been having such widespread issues with crashes, even booting up the pack. I am playing on my Macbook since 1.0.0 and I haven't had a single issue. Usually I'd expect there to be some. I hope subsequent versions help others who are experiencing this!

Why are you shocked? it says in all capital letters when you click on the pack "PUBLIC BETA TEST VERSION" which loosely translates to "Yeah, some of you are going to have problems, and some of you will have severe problems. Your mileage will vary."

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
Mfr harvester/planter indeed does not handle enderlillies anymore :'(

(Tried all soils)

tema said it'd be fixed in 1.1.0k though but clearly not :(

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I did a few quarry tests in different biomes and iron is 1.5 times as abundant as other ores, generally.

By the way, quarryplus looks like a cool mod to add to the pack. Ender quarries are a bit weird now with the upgrades.

I think the ender quarries are still the same as they were on 1.6 but with the option of adding upgrades to it to change it's operation

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
yeah but the one upgrade needs to stay attached, the other doesn't, and I don't know which ones - so does fortune need to stay attached or not, the pump definately needs to stay attached, speed upgrade not apparantly, but still the whole thing seems just as slow as normal, etcetera. Also with all that stuff attached you start having attach space problems for your power, fluids and items.

It just makes me terribly insecure. I had preferred a gui where you pop upgrades in, just like every other thing in MC.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
yeah but the one upgrade needs to stay attached, the other doesn't, and I don't know which ones - so does fortune need to stay attached or not, the pump definately needs to stay attached, speed upgrade not apparantly, but still the whole thing seems just as slow as normal, etcetera. Also with all that stuff attached you start having attach space problems for your power, fluids and items.

It just makes me terribly insecure. I had preferred a gui where you pop upgrades in, just like every other thing in MC.

You can fit everything in if you use Ender io pipes or a tesseract and remove the marker next to it once the boundary is initialized. The problem is if you use as many of the upgrads as you can it requires an ungodly amount of power. Fare more than even several creative cells can supply.

xtrasyn

Jul 29, 2019
WAILA seems to think the power is sufficient if you snap on the pump and the fortune III, and connect the speed III and disconnect it again (as Tema said somewhere you had to do that).

Should Fortune III be disconnected or not?