Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
You have to use Ender Eyes to locate a portal not Ender Pearls.

Would suggest making 32 eyes for your quest, to locate and to activate the portal.

Should also make a couple Unlinked Link books and set one to your base.

Once you get into the end you can set a second one up under the bottom of a pillar, Dragon can still get you but if you don't hang around there it should be safe-ish for teleporting in and out. This is a good trick for getting in for a collection of lilies before you are really ready to take on the dragon.

I usually go for the end as soon as I have any form of flight and get the books setup so I can get back in when I'm geared up.

Don Redhorse

Jul 29, 2019
oh man... you can notice I didn't play minecraft a long time... found it... but on totally different coordinates than any of the tools suggested.. thanks!

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Question: has anyone had any success using DireWolf20's seed with this pack?
I've tried "Season7 - LetsPlay - Huzzah!" and ended up in an entirely different location and my terrain when I fly to the corresponding co-ordinates is different.

Don Redhorse

Jul 29, 2019
Question: has anyone had any success using DireWolf20's seed with this pack?
I've tried "Season7 - LetsPlay - Huzzah!" and ended up in an entirely different location and my terrain when I fly to the corresponding co-ordinates is different.
Yes, I didn't have any issues with it except that the locations of strongholds are totally of to any stronghold locator and i derped finding them with ender pearls <= :rolleyes:

Try the seed: -1590283390 (which is the same like Direwolfs) and make sure you select Biomes o Plenty... do you run it in single player?

Don Redhorse

Jul 29, 2019
BTW: I'm running the direwolf20 pack on a server. Anything special to do to have the AE2 integration in NEI?

What I mean is that if I put Eye of Ender in the top AE crafting / inventory input field the right side of NEI focusses on Eye of Ender like I would put that information into the lower NEI input box... so as it works in the direwolf20 videos..

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Left hand side of the AE2 interface/crafting interface window. Bottom button. Hit it until you are set to NEI synchronization

yeskim

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, im having a problem with the yeta wrench.
For some reason Shif-L-click doesn't open the conduit GUI as it should.
Anyone knows what might be causing this??

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
If the cable doesn't recognize what you are trying to connect to as a connectable device you will not get the dialog.
If there is a connecting pad on the device you are trying to configure Shift left click with an empty hand. That will sometimes bring up the config window.
If that still doesn't work try putting something else there that you know you will get a connection to, configure the interface, then remove the item and put in what you are trying to get the connection to.

If that still does not work then supply more info and a screen shot and we'll see what we can figure out.

Don Redhorse

Jul 29, 2019
any idea how to circumvent the vacuos bug in thaumcraft? I'm using 1.0.4 but a chest or a bowl still gives 0 vacuos.

yeskim

Jul 29, 2019
If the cable doesn't recognize what you are trying to connect to as a connectable device you will not get the dialog.
If there is a connecting pad on the device you are trying to configure Shift left click with an empty hand. That will sometimes bring up the config window.
If that still doesn't work try putting something else there that you know you will get a connection to, configure the interface, then remove the item and put in what you are trying to get the connection to.

If that still does not work then supply more info and a screen shot and we'll see what we can figure out.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try it when I get home

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Just for fun, I tried updating to the latest versions of CoFH core, TE, TF, MFR and Redstone Arsenal (all updated yesterday, and typically when you update one of that group you need to update all), and got a crash on startup with what appears to be some sort of conflict with Ender IO. The enderIO site appears to be down at the moment, and I'm afraid I don't have time to do further trouble shooting right now :(

So, in theory, you should be able to just update to the latest versions of the mods for the bug fixes, but, in practice, not so much. Not exactly breaking news for modded MC vets.

yeskim

Jul 29, 2019

That gives me the config menu, i ment the S\W\E\N menu where i can force a connection on one side, maybe im mixing up the controls?

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
That gives me the config menu, i ment the S\W\E\N menu where i can force a connection on one side, maybe im mixing up the controls?

You only get that if the cable recognizes there are multiple blocks to connect to.

What are you trying to do?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I also give FTB launcher 5Gb of ram on my 8Gb system
That is too much. I am running with just 3 gigs using texture packs and everything works great. Only leaving 3 gigs to your system to use can cause problems because you will max out your RAM.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why people are so random with their memory allocation.

MC has F3. Use it. It tells you what your memory usage is.

Use that number plus enough to keep the memory allocation between 50 and 80 percent. Too close to 50 and you are making extra work for the garbage collector by allowing too much stuff to accumulate. Too close to 100 and you risk running out of memory visiting a new area.