Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering slowly, if the new ore-generation isn't a bit too harsh on emeralds and sulfur. My Enderquarry has gone through four whole chunks in an extreme hills biomes in the underdark now and still found not a single emerald or sulfur ore.

I really don't like going with the "send the villagers to a better place" (aka smelting them into emeralds) but I wonder slowly if I was just unlucky so far, or if emerals are really like super-super rare now...

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering slowly, if the new ore-generation isn't a bit too harsh on emeralds and sulfur. My Enderquarry has gone through four whole chunks in an extreme hills biomes in the underdark now and still found not a single emerald or sulfur ore.

I really don't like going with the "send the villagers to a better place" (aka smelting them into emeralds) but I wonder slowly if I was just unlucky so far, or if emerals are really like super-super rare now...
There's a slight possibilitiy that the Ender quarry may not mine Emeralds considering all of my emeralds had to come from a MFR autospawner.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019

you could always try to place your ender quarry above a deep ocean biome (so that it mines the abyssal stone node thingys) atleast that's where i hand gathered most of my emeralds ^^ (stupid pnuematiccraft needs to many)

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
20 dislocation runes are so god damn helpful in regards to Blood Magic. Also does anyone know the BP absorb rate of the Well of suffering.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia

My 1st quarry run barely clipped the edge of an extreme hills biome in the overworld & I think I got somewhere around 40 emerald ore out of it. I can't even guess how much sulfur ore I got because I don't know how much pyrotheum my system has made since.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
There's a slight possibilitiy that the Ender quarry may not mine Emeralds considering all of my emeralds had to come from a MFR autospawner.

Looked through the whole dirt and found no emerald the ender-quarry "oversaw" so I guess that shouldn't be the problem.

My 1st quarry run barely clipped the edge of an extreme hills biome in the overworld & I think I got somewhere around 40 emerald ore out of it. I can't even guess how much sulfur ore I got because I don't know how much pyrotheum my system has made since.

Thank you. Then I guess I was just really unlucky, or the underdark has problems with emerals. Might test the overworld-extreme hills next time.

SaintAres97

Jul 29, 2019
Any word on this DW20 pack updating? 1.0.2 is still not recommended and doesn't work for several people.

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
There is java 8 and it's known to work fine. Did you disable any mods? Add any? And did you try deleting the whole pack and then loading the pack?