Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Any1 else having problem in the Twilight Forest fighting a Hydra. I found 2 lairs after killing the Minoshroom but but Hydras spawned and then bugged out. im stuck with the prgression now. (gotta ask server admins for some cheated items now :S)

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Any1 else having problem in the Twilight Forest fighting a Hydra. I found 2 lairs after killing the Minoshroom but but Hydras spawned and then bugged out. im stuck with the prgression now. (gotta ask server admins for some cheated items now :S)

Twilight Forrest now forces you to progress through the bosses in order using the mod achievements tree.

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
well you could always add them yourself in the microblocks config
Not really.. that's the problem. You have to config it both on server and on client for it to work. So everyone who wants to join my server has to manually update a .cfg file in the configs folder with the exact same contents that the server has...

Let me know if there is a way to avoid this.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
BTW does anyone know how to autocraft the logic components used to make the drives for AE 2. Also any ideas on how to make a villager Breeder for emeralds.

I'm thinking Steve Factory Manager for the former but on the latter I'm kind of stuck.

Also I'm thinking of creating an auto spawner for ender pearls but I'm not sure how I'm going to get the mob essence to constantly power it. Anyone have any ideas on how to fuel the Auto Spawner

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
BTW does anyone know how to autocraft the logic components used to make the drives for AE 2. Also any ideas on how to make a villager Breeder for emeralds.

I'm thinking Steve Factory Manager for the former but on the latter I'm kind of stuck.

Also I'm thinking of creating an auto spawner for ender pearls but I'm not sure how I'm going to get the mob essence to constantly power it. Anyone have any ideas on how to fuel the Auto Spawner

drop the villagers in a smeltery with a bodem of blood and see them bleed emerald

drain the blood into one tank and drop the liquid emerald into a casting basin

a set of export buses should do for the logic components, you can make on for each of the presses and one to combine them all in the end

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
1.BTW does anyone know how to autocraft the logic components used to make the drives for AE 2. 2. Also any ideas on how to make a villager Breeder for emeralds.

3. Also I'm thinking of creating an auto spawner for ender pearls but I'm not sure how I'm going to get the mob essence to constantly power it. Anyone have any ideas on how to fuel the Auto Spawner

1: There are different way steves is one way but you can also automate it using ender io extra utilitys AE2(which is a bad choice) or you could even use buildcraft ^^ basicly anything that allows you to filter items

2: Multiple ways either you just build a house with lots of doors and then put 2 villagers in there so that they multiply(you will have to trade or hope for emerald drops this way) or you check youtube there are afew out there that are to complicated for me to explain ^^
3: kill wither -> do the awakening ritual for the division sigil -> silktouch miningpick gather cursed earth -> build a darkroom with cursed earth and get a mob grinder(mfr block that gets you the mob essence not sure aobut the name^^) and then you have enough mob essence to start -> build auto spawner for large slimes (if it isn't fixed yet they produce more mob essence then they take to spawn)

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
a set of export buses should do for the logic components, you can make on for each of the presses and one to combine them all in the end

Bad idey takes tons of channels and you need 1 import + 1 export bus for every inscriber and another 3 export + 1 import for the last inscrtiber to combine stuff 4x2+4=12 channels you would need for that

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Bad idey takes tons of channels and you need 1 import + 1 export bus for every inscriber and another 3 export + 1 import for the last inscrtiber to combine stuff 4x2+4=12 channels you would need for that
subnet ;)

external press stocked with redstone and printed silicone (auto crafted) with export bus exporting all circuits in the proper slot

and use interface with crafting pattern for the result for the base (gold ingot for logic, diamond for engineering, quarts for calc, silicone for Printed Silicon) into a subnet with the 4 presses, pipe output into the external one

only 5 channels (4 for the external one and one for the interface) or just 2 if you put the extenral one in subnet

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
still way to complicated :p ender io is so much easier to make it with ^^ interface->chest and just set up some enderio ports and do everything in a single channel

Jul 29, 2019
Overkill moment:
Mined this all with a fortune 3 hammer....
I dont think Im going to run out.png
From that alone i got 9 and a bit stacks of redstone blocks. Never going to run out...

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
now i tried using computercraft for this and they will neither use redstone terminals nor does connecting directly to the drawbridge work by now i am pretty sure this is a bug ;< having no mffs and drawbridges not working correctly it's going to be hard to make a password protectet moving door + bridge

Maybe I didn't explain it well enough before? So heres a picture.
ZGeU0QY.png
Red alloy needs to be run up onto the solid block behind, or really any side, of the drawbridge so it powers that block which will then power the drawbridge. Ender IO insulated redstone conduit can be used too, but you have to make sure to configure it to output a strong redstone signal. I imagine a computer from computer craft would work as well, as long as its outputting the signal into the solid block rather than the drawbridge.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
ok that actually works.. but how does this even make sense that i have to power the block that is besides it when i normaly connect the signal like lever or signal terminal to the drawbridge <,<

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I have found when using the EnderIO painter machine with chisel blocks you don't get the connected textures.

Last edited:

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
BTW does anyone know how to autocraft the logic components used to make the drives for AE 2.

To get started with the inscribers, I installed the hopper duct mod (a hopper duct only holds 1 stack, but you can point it up). For the 1st stage, you just need to put in the right plate then feed in the raw materials from the side. For the last stage, you need to feed redstone in the side, the printed silicon in from the bottom, & the circuit in from the top. You can feed the top & sides with regular hoppers, but the bottom you'd normally have to pipe in.

For later when you are setting up ME autocrafting, I have 1 inscriber per plate with an interface W/crafting pattern on 1 side & an import bus on the other. I have a 5th inscriber with an export bus on the bottom set for the printed silicon bit, an export bus on 1 side set for redstone, an import bus on the other side, and an interface on the top with a pattern for each of the processors saying 1 circuit = 1 processor, & an extra bit of cable run behind it for power. I'll take a screenshot of how I have it arranged in a little bit.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
To get started with the inscribers, I installed the hopper duct mod (a hopper duct only holds 1 stack, but you can point it up). For the 1st stage, you just need to put in the right plate then feed in the raw materials from the side. For the last stage, you need to feed redstone in the side, the printed silicon in from the bottom, & the circuit in from the top. You can feed the top & sides with regular hoppers, but the bottom you'd normally have to pipe in.

For later when you are setting up ME autocrafting, I have 1 inscriber per plate with an interface W/crafting pattern on 1 side & an import bus on the other. I have a 5th inscriber with an export bus on the bottom set for the printed silicon bit, an export bus on 1 side set for redstone, an import bus on the other side, and an interface on the top with a pattern for each of the processors saying 1 circuit = 1 processor, & an extra bit of cable run behind it for power. I'll take a screenshot of how I have it arranged in a little bit.
I'll probably do Transfer Nodes, since tick lag issue is marginally better. Also it's laughably easy to take on the wither now that I have the Reinforced obsidian.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight Forrest now forces you to progress through the bosses in order using the mod achievements tree.

If you've read my post, i mentioned i already killed the minoshroom killed and gotten the meef stroganov, wich is needed to even enter a fire swamp (else u get lit on fire).

I tried it again yesterday and the same thing happens: The Hydra spawns, but right away loses its body and the 3-4 heads remain floating in the sky till i relog.

Is it perhaps because im using LiteLoader + Zans Minimap?

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
From another thread for everyone who's asking:

WAILA causes the lockup due to a bug in hooking into NEI's item filter and thus locks up NEI when you switch from search mode to filter mode. Manually updating WAILA to 1.5.5 should fix the issue with NEI locking up.

Will update OP too, not that it'll make the slightest bit of difference... Noobs will still post everything everywhere

Reactions: Tankh

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
I'll probably do Transfer Nodes, since tick lag issue is marginally better. Also it's laughably easy to take on the wither now that I have the Reinforced obsidian.

I just built my wither killing station, myself. Here's the screenshot of my inscriber set-up, with some other stuff packed into the same wall.

1509306_10204297549632226_7856098435072770106_n.jpg

I've set up autocrafting for the puddle in the corner. I'm using a formation plane to drop the seeds as soon as I request them, but I think I'd have to set up a subnetwork to get it to work right for the fluix crystals, so I added a dropper & interface for that. I could use the dropper for the seeds, too. I'd just have to set up 3 more patterns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evillevi