Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
that's what dosent happen for me kinda strange.. we are still using 1.0.1 but ican't see a TC update in 1.0.2 only the addons..

Pick him up with the bell and and place him down again by clicking him on the furnace bit instead of the ground, then use the bell to designate the rows of jars. That should get him working.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
:(

Every mod author has different means of explaining their mod. Mine I explain outside of the mod, where all of the information is available on the opening post of my thread. Azanor explains the concepts all in his book, expecting you to read it like a research journal. Not sure how reika does his mod, since I haven't had the time to really play it.
Oh... it was in your mcf op? I guess that's why I never saw it. I never have checked mcf for anything. I have no problem checking things on the web. Alot of times I prefer it. I like to read up on things while away from the game. I only picked it up finally because of dw's spotlight and AS. While I want spotlights for application, I like a wiki ish setup for direct information. My apologies if that is where you had it. Reika has an in game book with a basic principles of use and it tells you everything about every one of his blocks and items. People say they can't figure it out. The book actually is pretty detailed. So to clarify, I like mod authors more if they simply explain their mod and all the things and dynamics in it officially on the web and/or in game.

Last edited:

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
How do you light the Magical Lamps from factorization? (the new wrath lamps) cant find an entry in the book and all the wikis i can find use a different crafting recipe(still with wrath igniter which dosent exist anymore <.<)

Pick him up with the bell and and place him down again by clicking him on the furnace bit instead of the ground, then use the bell to designate the rows of jars. That should get him working.
found out that it only works if there is something in the alembics <.< (burn something up in the furnace and then place golem otherwise he wont get the jar)

Last edited:

Jul 29, 2019
I got a tier 2 upgrade on mine and silk touch and it sucks all the power from my big reactor, such a lovely power sink <3

Also, melting villagers, cant seem to make the smeltery melt em, even though they're just sat there chillin.

EDIT: It does melt em if I hit them, I think its something to do with getting damaged??

Yeraze

Jul 29, 2019
I got a tier 2 upgrade on mine and silk touch and it sucks all the power from my big reactor, such a lovely power sink <3

Also, melting villagers, cant seem to make the smeltery melt em, even though they're just sat there chillin.

EDIT: It does melt em if I hit them, I think its something to do with getting damaged??
Do you have anything in there yet? You have to have a tiny amount of something already melted, if I recall from Dire's last season, before it'll melt them.. So he had a tiny amount of iron (I think) with a system to continually cycle it out.

Reactions: asb3pe

Ronin64

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm having 2 problems.
#1. I want to put a sword in a autonomous activator to left click mobs in a mob farm, but the sword won't swing. I tested both a diamond sword and an ethereal sword. Do autonomous activators not swing swords now? Or is it a bug?
#2. I have attractor obelisks setup with souls in them to attract mobs and endermen will not be attracted to them, but other mobs will. The particles are showing and I tried using the redstone control. Is this also a bug?

Thanks in advance.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Dire used an aluminum ore berry in his smeltery and had a filtered fluiduct cycling that in and out. A good simple addition is a corporeal attractor beneath the Smeltery.

Ronin64

Jul 29, 2019
The sword needs to be in the top left slot & 1 of the buttons needs to be set to "use 1st slot only".
I did that and did it again to make sure, but it doesn't work. Also I did try putting a diamond pickaxe in and a block in front of it and the pickaxe broke the block.

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have anything in there yet? You have to have a tiny amount of something already melted, if I recall from Dire's last season, before it'll melt them.. So he had a tiny amount of iron (I think) with a system to continually cycle it out.
I thought thats what it was. When i hit them they randomly dropped emeralds (i think) and when they smelted they all died.
Now to make a system to cycle stuff through the smeltery. Since i dont have fluiducts in DW20 i think I'll have a emerald dropping into the system every now and then :D

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
you can use the ender io fluid pipes, just cycle a single nugget of any metal so that you do dmg to the villager

Is there a way to invert the Tinkers Mechworks signalbus/signal terminal signal? id rather not have to to all of this with wireless redstone ;<

Last edited:

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. Im insane:
Im insane.png

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
arent big reactors fixed to sizes like 5x5x5 9x9x9 etc? also you are crazy as soon as you actually fill everything with liquid cryothium or liquid ender ^^

Jul 29, 2019
arent big reactors fixed to sizes like 5x5x5 9x9x9 etc? also you are crazy as soon as you actually fill everything with liquid cryothium or liquid ender ^^
Dont think they have a limit, needing to melt enough of my ender pearls down first XD

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site

No those sizes have been figured as the most efficient. However it can be pretty much any shape height you want. 32x32x48 is the limit.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
No you're not insane, that Big Reactor looks just like mine!

I think they can be as big as 32x32x48 or something ridiculous. I used to build mine small and tall... until I did some research and learned that it is much better to get as many fuel cells on one level... and thus my 15x15x5 reactor. If I could have made it 32x32x3 that prob would have been even better but I wanted to keep it in one chunk, so I kept it 15 blocks square. I can always extend it vertically if I need more power. I have the outer block as liquid ender and then 2 blocks of cryotheum which leaves a 7x7 area for my fuel cells and I checkerboarded them with cryotheum in between.

As long as you have enough redstone, the cryotheum is pretty trivial. Snowballs are free because water is free. All it take is spending the time to make enough and place it down one bucket at a time. Took a while, but well worth it. I get about 45,000 RF/t at peak output. Wow, I see the fuel usage just went thru the roof in 1.0.2, I loaded up my game to check my figures... ouch, that's brutal, at peak power it says I'm burning up 4 mb/t, which is 80 mb/sec so approx every 12 seconds it uses up one Yellorium ingot. That's ridiculous, but I pretty much stopped playing the modpack and went back to GregTech, so meh. LOL

Last edited:

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia

Looks like I've updated Extra Utilities to 1.2.0 (the pack has 1.1.0k in version 1.0.2). I'm not building up any reserve in the capacitor banks, but the quarry is running insanely fast & smooth without shutting down anything else drawing power from my 20K RF turbine. Now I just need to set up auto ore processing.

I spent the whole day yesterday getting basic ME auto-crafting set up. While I mostly like the new recipes & mechanics in AE2, there are a ridiculous # of pieces you have to hand-craft before you can actually automate anything. You basically have to do the equivalent of building a MAC before the patterns you put in the interfaces will work, only now the MAC requires the same memory bits as the drive storage does.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
As nobody has answered my question yet and i have no idea how to do it i will ask again

Is there a way to invert the tinkers mechworks signal stuff? or are there any other cables/wireless systems i can use to control drawbridges? (or do i actually have to use computercraft with wireless modems to do it ;<)
what i want to do-> have a bridge extend and door open when i use a lever (problem is door needs to get the inverted signal from bridge)

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
As nobody has answered my question yet and i have no idea how to do it i will ask again

Is there a way to invert the tinkers mechworks signal stuff? or are there any other cables/wireless systems i can use to control drawbridges? (or do i actually have to use computercraft with wireless modems to do it ;<)
what i want to do-> have a bridge extend and door open when i use a lever (problem is door needs to get the inverted signal from bridge)
Doesnt redpower add a invert cell much like the one from redpower. Just plop it between the drawbridge and the input/lever