Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
Doesnt redpower add a invert cell much like the one from redpower. Just plop it between the drawbridge and the input/lever
Then the drawbridge would always be extended. I think the carpenters door can be set to be closed with a redstone signal using a hammer? If that is not the case then you have to setup a redstone torch between the drawbridge and the door so that the door gets an inverted signal

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
dosent work signal terminal isnt giving its signal to any wire (tried red alloy wire and the ender io stuff) this includes NOT Gates and Invert cells :< at the same time red alloy wire and ender io stuff dosent even connect to the drawbridge so i cant even use wireless redstone to use them <,<

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
dosent work signal terminal isnt giving its signal to any wire (tried red alloy wire and the ender io stuff) this includes NOT Gates and Invert cells :< at the same time red alloy wire and ender io stuff dosent even connect to the drawbridge so i cant even use wireless redstone to use them <,<
how about trying vanilla redstone with the signal terminal?

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
I think i tried it but not sure .. (it just seems to me that the drawbridge is only affected by levers and signal terminals and nothing else can connect) and same goes for the terminals they dont connect to any cable/gate/cell. what i can try is using a redstone torch but i doubt that works..
i guess i have to use computercraft they should be able to output redstone signals for the drawbridge (atleast ihope they do)

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I think i tried it but not sure .. (it just seems to me that the drawbridge is only affected by levers and signal terminals and nothing else can connect) and same goes for the terminals they dont connect to any cable/gate/cell. what i can try is using a redstone torch but i doubt that works..
i guess i have to use computercraft they should be able to output redstone signals for the drawbridge (atleast ihope they do)

Red alloy wire has to be placed directly on the drawbridge, it only powers the blocks it is attached to, not the surrounding blocks the way redstone does. I made a video showing a 3 wide drawbridge door triggered by a pressure plate & using a not gate (the thing that inverts the signal).

To transfer the signal try putting the terminal on 1 face of a block with the red alloy wire on another face of the same block.

Last edited:

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
i did exactly like that maybe if i have the carmo block in it it dosent work? (advanced drawbridge) and i put my wire directly on the bottom part of it (going to update the server in a bit i will try again then amybe some bug

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/ymqi8
Ok i guess it's a bug @boni @mDiyo
Drawbridge dosent seem to accept any redstone signal outside of signal terminal and lever(havent tried computer craft but i'd like to avoid having to place for every single drawbridge a computer+wirless+programming)
There are quite a few modded blocks that the drawbridge cannot move. To test your setup, use a regular cobble or stone block and see if it extends. if so, then the blocks you want to use cannot be placed inside (artifice is a mod that the blocks it has can't be used in drawbridges)

Yeraze

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got my Modular Powersuit all setup (night vision, jetpacks, flight control... sweeeet).. However, I see in the key bindings that there is a "Y" for "Zoom", but I can't figure out what module enables that. Digging around the net I see reference to a binoculars module, but I don't see it ... Has it been disabled somehow?

I loved the zoom on my tinker's construct goggles, and would love to have it back in my MPS Helmet.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay then in early game, due to the stupid long time it takes to find, get the chest, and filler the rest of the meteorite out, thank god for that filler, I just chuck a stack of Diamonds (read all) and cheat myself the rest of hte presser stuff, now to get hte yellowrite into something useful to power my base.

Reactions: Bagman817

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got my Modular Powersuit all setup (night vision, jetpacks, flight control... sweeeet).. However, I see in the key bindings that there is a "Y" for "Zoom", but I can't figure out what module enables that. Digging around the net I see reference to a binoculars module, but I don't see it ... Has it been disabled somehow?

I loved the zoom on my tinker's construct goggles, and would love to have it back in my MPS Helmet.
Tinkers construct goggles lol wut?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Okay then in early game, due to the stupid long time it takes to find, get the chest, and filler the rest of the meteorite out, thank god for that filler, I just chuck a stack of Diamonds (read all) and cheat myself the rest of hte presser stuff, now to get hte yellowrite into something useful to power my base.
Yup, the 'meteorite' mechanic is just bad game design. I said screw it from the get go and disabled that world gen. Were you on a server, you can copy the presses for a block of iron, so that was what I deleted to cheat them in.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
There are quite a few modded blocks that the drawbridge cannot move. To test your setup, use a regular cobble or stone block and see if it extends. if so, then the blocks you want to use cannot be placed inside (artifice is a mod that the blocks it has can't be used in drawbridges)
As you can see in the 2nd screenshot it extended the bridge when i directly placed the lever on the block so that's not the problem.
Try running the redstone signal on the block behind the drawbridge instead of directly on the drawbridge.
already tried it they dont even get the visual of connecting (neither ender io stuff or red alloy wire all stop before the drawbridge)

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know why there are no microblocks of Chisel blocks by default? FTB Monster had it. They have it on Forgecraft 2. Why not on this modpack?

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
well you could always add them yourself in the microblocks config

http://imgur.com/a/ymqi8
Ok i guess it's a bug @boni @mDiyo
Drawbridge dosent seem to accept any redstone signal outside of signal terminal and lever(havent tried computer craft but i'd like to avoid having to place for every single drawbridge a computer+wirless+programming)

now i tried using computercraft for this and they will neither use redstone terminals nor does connecting directly to the drawbridge work by now i am pretty sure this is a bug ;< having no mffs and drawbridges not working correctly it's going to be hard to make a password protectet moving door + bridge