Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
carpenter doors you have to rightclick them with the carpenter hammer till they are like that ;P also dire has already shown those doors in his LP ;D

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
carpenter doors you have to rightclick them with the carpenter hammer till they are like that ;P also dire has already shown those doors in his LP ;D

Cool, thanks, those glass doors look awesome! Yeah I'm behind on Dire videos, I think I'm only on the 4th or 5th video.

Daneitoa

Jul 29, 2019
So, being that no one has even acknowledged my post, I'm jsut gonna isnert this link here and ask people to please review my problem. Specifically, IC2 will not run for me at all in that pack, and I really need someone to interpret the crash log for me.

Excuse me for feeling like I was left out, but it's been here a few days, and I need the problem fixed soon so I can stick with the site and server I've been playing on for a month...

Linky

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
So, being that no one has even acknowledged my post, I'm jsut gonna isnert this link here and ask people to please review my problem. Specifically, IC2 will not run for me at all in that pack, and I really need someone to interpret the crash log for me.

Excuse me for feeling like I was left out, but it's been here a few days, and I need the problem fixed soon so I can stick with the site and server I've been playing on for a month...

Linky
Such a shame your linky doesnt work.
At least not on my mobile

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
Whats this buff called Soul Fray?
I got it after dying to a creeper (jumping out of my skin in the process)

Think its a debuff from bloodmagic. Does nothing nasty but just prohibits you from doing something in that mod with that debuff. Wouldnt know exactly but heard dw20 talk about it with the author of BM.
Should really start with that mod look quite interesting

It prevents you from sacrificing yourself to fill the blood altar since a lot of people were abusing the fact they could place their bed next to the alter and then bleed themselves until they died, respawn, and repeat the process. Soulflay is basically just a cooldown to prevent that.

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019

Linky

Best guess: use Java 7 instead of 8 or reinstall Java. Or delete the pack and redownload a clean version off the launcher.

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019

Linky
You're using Java 8u25, and you have the PermSize tag in your JVM arguments. Java 8 removed Permgen features, so that argument no longer does anything. I doubt taking that out will fix your crash, since Java is supposed to just ignore the tag now, but you can try it. Sorry, I'm not very good at interpreting crash logs, but I figured I'd at least mention that, lol.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You're using Java 8u25, and you have the PermSize tag in your JVM arguments. Java 8 removed Permgen features, so that argument no longer does anything. I doubt taking that out will fix your crash, since Java is supposed to just ignore the tag now, but you can try it. Sorry, I'm not very good at interpreting crash logs, but I figured I'd at least mention that, lol.

I run j8u11 (found here) and I stopped using all java arguments completely. I simply check the "Use Optimization Arguments for fast computers" box and set the RAM slider to the lowest value that will work. When I run without resource packs, I think I can set it at 3.0 GB and Direwolf 1.7 runs fine, but when I use my preferred Sphax resources pack, I have to set it at 6.0 GB minimum and I'm actually using 7 GB just to be safe. I have a lot of RAM obv... but the point is, I think the need for java arguments is overrated and causes confusion (as seen here). And with j8, I've been able to use (literally) an unlimited amount of RAM without any obvious side effects like herky/jerky lag during java garbage collection. Using j7 and playing some 1.6 modpacks I had a lot of that GC lag.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
The new TE 4 augments look cool has anyone worked out what augments are good to use with what machines.

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
I stopped using all java arguments completely. I simply check the "Use Optimization Arguments for fast computers" box
phoenix_wright_news1.jpg

Contradiction!
What that check box does.
That's 5 months old, so who knows if those are still the arguments used today, but the point is that you still use java arguments, lol.

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a small issue, barely any hostile mobs are spawning at night. Not that it's that bad of an issue, but I do play on Hard for a reason as I like some difficulty. I didn't add any mods (except Fastcraft but i don't think that counts), didn't change any configs, I use 4gb RAM. Am using v1.0.1

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I ran through it (because why not) and it gave me Strength buff for around 10 seconds

Also, this is for AE2 right?
View attachment 13442

Yep it's an AE2 meteor, in the middle of that is a skystone chest with a possibility of AE2 presses which are needed to create AE2 stuff. Also Skystone is a really good material to build from as it's blast proof :D

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Has anyone had any luck getting sulfer or nitor? I'm trying to make some gelled cryotheum and pyrotheum . I'm tried mining around lava, grinding blaze rods for sulfer, no dice. Any ideas?

iceluigi13

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently having problems using the Forestry trade stations. Attempting to send a letter containing the requested items in my mailbox gives this error:

Trade station cannot send the response letter. You need to have a mailbox to deliver to.

I've tried breaking and replacing my mailbox and the trade station. Am I doing something wrong?