Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yeraze

Jul 29, 2019
A few things I just found:

1. Sulfur Ore - Anyone found any? I wound up going to the nether & mining sulfur clouds.
  2. RF Energy Capacitors - I can't seem to craft them...
  3. Modular Powersuits - dont seem to draw power from a charged capacitor in the hotbar. Is that expected?
  4. Charging Modular Powersuits in the Energetic infuser.. WOW that's slow and such an energy hog. Is there some way to upgrade that?

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
And downgrade your java to 8_11. Forge doesnt work correctly with 8_25

I was on Java 7_65 (I'm pretty sure it was 65) until after I made the post. I updated to see if it would fix the issue but no luck

Re: lag spikes--Journeymap seems to be the culprit. Disable it (you can replace it with Opis) & see if that helps.

I've been using Opis pretty much right from the start out of personal preference. Journey map is disabled.

I had the same thing, you just need to sit through it, its something genning in the world i think.

This will happen even when I'm just sitting around my base so I don't think it's world gen.

Lag starting 30 minutes in is usually the result of Aroma backup doing its backup thing and inadvertently mucking things up. You might want to try disabling it.

I also disabled Aroma Backup a while back as well thinking it was the issue.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
It looks like RF is no longer shared by everything in your inventory, so you have to use the much clunkier flux capacitor mechanic. You also can't use the higher tier energy cells on the TiCo tools anymore.

EnderIO capacitor banks are better for charging. EnderIO also has a wireless charging option.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
A few things I just found:

1. Sulfur Ore - Anyone found any? I wound up going to the nether & mining sulfur clouds.
  2. RF Energy Capacitors - I can't seem to craft them...
  3. Modular Powersuits - dont seem to draw power from a charged capacitor in the hotbar. Is that expected?
  4. Charging Modular Powersuits in the Energetic infuser.. WOW that's slow and such an energy hog. Is there some way to upgrade that?

I believe sulfur is gotten by silk touching Nether Quartz and TE Pulverizing it, you get a small chance at a sulfur dust in addition to doubling your Nether Quartz. Also, Saltpeter Ore is in the modpack from Railcraft, and I believe that is found in desert biomes. I think you get sulfur from Saltpeter. Unfortunately, I've gone hundreds of blocks in all directions and haven't found a desert biome yet so I can't confirm that one but I think it is correct. No idea on the others.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
iirc some 1 said sulfur ore can only be found in extreme hill biomes at the very bottom

Oh that's right, I forgot about this one - sulfur is found in mass quantity around the lava lakes near bedrock (in Extreme Hills).

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Saltpeter can indeed be found in deserts. They look like sand with nether quartz texture in them

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, I can't make sticks or crafting tables anymore with Oak Wood Planks. I can make a lot of other things, but not those. If I use a different kind of wood, like jungle, then it works fine...but not anymore. Dunno why.
http://puu.sh/cTW9y/deb33e62fc.jpg
http://puu.sh/cTWa0/dfcc312ed5.jpg

But jungle wood works!
http://puu.sh/cTWaN/6ba717f2c3.jpg

Does anyone know what happened? I've tried saving and exiting, but still no.

EDIT: Completely closing the game and restarting has fixed it. >_>

Last edited:

Yeraze

Jul 29, 2019
ALso, it's more annoying than anything, every time I add a module to my Powersuit I get disconnected.. I just get thrown back to the menu so I can restart the game and find my module successfully installed, but it's annoying.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I believe sulfur is gotten by silk touching Nether Quartz and TE Pulverizing it, you get a small chance at a sulfur dust in addition to doubling your Nether Quartz. Also, Saltpeter Ore is in the modpack from Railcraft, and I believe that is found in desert biomes. I think you get sulfur from Saltpeter. Unfortunately, I've gone hundreds of blocks in all directions and haven't found a desert biome yet so I can't confirm that one but I think it is correct. No idea on the others.

Saltpeter = niter, not sulfur. Interesting thing, it will actually regenerate in the area you find it as long as you have a few layers of sand left & the area is chunk loaded.

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to find a way to cover up BuildCraft pipes. I know there are facades, but when I do an NEI search all I get is a facade for Coarse Sandy Dirt. They can't be covered by microblocks, either, so I'm at a loss. Does anyone know how to cover them?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Facades.. a mod called inPureCore hides many recipes leaving one example of each. BC Facades are made in assembly tables from BC with lasers.

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
Facades.. a mod called inPureCore hides many recipes leaving one example of each. BC Facades are made in assembly tables from BC with lasers.
Thank you! I was just confused that I didn't see any facades come up in NEI, when in previous versions they did.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
You will find the same with all items that have Multiple versions, micro blocks, facades, drums and such

mflayer

Jul 29, 2019
Cake is not craftable for me (needed it for the botania winter rune), had to cheat one in. Apparently, MFR messes up the milk bucket ID or smth. Tried using the liquicrafter from MFR to make the cake, it only gave me low fps.

Jul 29, 2019
Whats this buff called Soul Fray?
I got it after dying to a creeper (jumping out of my skin in the process)

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Whats this buff called Soul Fray?
I got it after dying to a creeper (jumping out of my skin in the process)
Think its a debuff from bloodmagic. Does nothing nasty but just prohibits you from doing something in that mod with that debuff. Wouldnt know exactly but heard dw20 talk about it with the author of BM.
Should really start with that mod look quite interesting

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. Stuffs happened:
Pimpin 9x9's
Pimpin that 9x9.png

Utter rage
I swear to god..png

And stuff getting.. out of hand to say the least
This is getting out of hand..png

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of things reading back over the thread.

RE: Applied energistics meteors - it's like most things, configurable:

worldgen {
D:meteoriteClusterChance=0.1
I:meteoriteDimensionWhitelist <
>
D:meteoriteSpawnChance=0.3
D:metoriteClusterChance=0.1
D:metoriteSpawnChance=0.3
I:minMeteoriteDistance=707

FPS drop, check task manager and see how much RAM Java is using, when you run out of RAM space assigned to java it goes into a FPS crawl, more namely a memory leak. If you suffer from these I found an uninstall and reinstall of java usually fixes it.

Oh and in the latest pneumaticraft the plants go inactive when a chunk unloads so they wont spread everywhere and take over the world.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I thought this was a good video showing how 9x9's don't always have to look as ugly as Direwolf20's do (or as ugly as mine do, for that matter!).

Can anyone tell me what mod the doors he is using are from? I love those and never saw them before!

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeSapper