Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FInaldeath

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it does. No clue if it works for pulling out the sword though.

It might, if i remember correctly Direwolf used Steve's Factory Manager to pull wands out of the Arcane Worktable during his last server play season.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Nope nobody uses any IC2 machines on the server that's the strange thing and that's what ithought too
also it already makes problems as soon as the server starts (while starting i can see that happening while he is loading all the stuff) and i am pretty sure the problem startet recently ^^ but not 100%.
Oh well maybe the problem fixes itself as soon as 1.0.3 get's released.

Can you not get wither skeleton heads from an auto-spawner (killing them manually with a cleaver(20% beheading))? i have killed over 20 now and havent got a single one <,< or am i just very unlucky and should make another cleaver with the beheading modifer upgrade <,<

I'm not sure. What I did to get Wither skulls was use Ender IO to convert a broken spawner to a skeleton spawner. I then built a room in the nether for it. I would say 8 of 10 times, it spawns wither skeletons. I just used my TiC Sword which has looting 3 and beheading 1 on it to kill them manually. It only took me about 15 minutes to get enough wither skulls for 8 nether stars. Seems I get more skulls with Looting 3 than just beheading.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Wither skeleton head drops are rare. Broke down and made a cleaver with beheading four, or at least my brother made it for me. Mynellium head. The rest paper. He popped on rf recharging, beheading, looting 3, and extra damage. Took up every modifier slot except for the wither star one. Got a head with almost every wither skeleton kill while using that.

Made a cage for the wither. Think didn't make it thick enough the first time. Was 3*5*5 originally. Then popped on a second layer after the first wither got loose. Was using reinforced obsidian, and placed if far up in the air away from base. Which wasn't really needed as mob griefing was off.

Still trying to figure out how to get enough mana to make loads of terrasteal. Took eight hours to make two ingots.

My many cleaver with beheading VII gets a skull for every kill that I can recall... the tooltip says 90% though. same basic design as yours but no extra damage or looting. just lotsa obsidian+ender pearl, and flux.

It only takes 14 blocks of reinforced obsidian to trap the wither by the way, check it out:
The cow is taunting the poor wither, awww...
WYCQIQC.jpg
(The inside height is 4 high, and the ring goes at layer 3, so its floor - air - air - ring - air - roof.)
This 'cage' also makes it difficult for the wither to hit anything. though it can get stray shots through at times, so build it a small distance from any buildings. I've never been killed when fighting the wither in this cage, and I've fought it plenty with no armour at all.
It can be a slight annoyance building the wither in it. but its great for early-as-you-can wither killing :p.

I'm not sure. What I did to get Wither skulls was use Ender IO to convert a broken spawner to a skeleton spawner. I then built a room in the nether for it. I would say 8 of 10 times, it spawns wither skeletons. I just used my TiC Sword which has looting 3 and beheading 1 on it to kill them manually. It only took me about 15 minutes to get enough wither skulls for 8 nether stars. Seems I get more skulls with Looting 3 than just beheading.

Just as a note, I get mine from an MFR autospawner just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathOfTime

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, you can trap it with just 5, 4 around it's feet & 1 over it's head, but I like to build a full box to minimize damage to the surroundings.
i think you'd probably still need a block underneath it, to prevent it escaping downwards, so 6 i guess.
The cage I have mostly minimises damage though, since the head-height ring blocks most of the wither's shots. I can just never be bothered to build enough reinforced obsidian to make a room, so I go find a nearby area and setup there. there's only a few holes in the terrain per wither, plus the one it creates as it spawns.
Adding four more to the design, in the corners of the ring, also stops almost all the shots that get through and go anywhere significant. all that's left are stray shots going down or up, I could care less about skyward shots, and there's already a crater in the ground from it spawning, so yeah, damages aren't really an issue. Still, I always set up a little way away, just in case ;).

Oh hey, I'm in the middle of quarrying right now, is there still no simple way of draining large pools of water? since needing dirt underneath to make an infinite pool got removed, it's gotten even harder, and I just hate pools of water.
I'm using the ender quarry with world hole and pump upgrades, the pump upgrade doesn't seem to help very much... it's not even pumping out lava - and the liquids are fed straight out to a tesseract and then into a nullifier, no pipes in-between so its definitely not backing up there.

I'm wishing that sigil from blood magic didn't put the liquids back right now...

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the ender quarry with world hole and pump upgrades, the pump upgrade doesn't seem to help very much...
I tried the pump upgrade on the ocean. The ocean would just refill. Could have sworn the quarry kept trying to get the same column too, to get the water again and again. That probably wasn't so though.

Haven't tried the world hole upgrade. Though I am really liking the silk touch upgrade. The quarry has spent the week trying to turn a volcano to grass. Mostly the reason I have it set up.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the pump upgrade on the ocean. The ocean would just refill. Could have sworn the quarry kept trying to get the same column too, to get the water again and again. That probably wasn't so though.

Haven't tried the world hole upgrade. Though I am really liking the silk touch upgrade. The quarry has spent the week trying to turn a volcano to grass. Mostly the reason I have it set up.

Yeah, from what I've watched of it running, it sucks water up, but often the water will refill. I haven't seen the quarry ever go back and re-pump the water though.
I'm not quite sure how the water keeps replenishing itself though. If the quarry is fast enough it shouldn't happen, since you'd expect the quarry would pick up the block below the water too quickly for it to form a new source block, and water only regenerates when there is another source block underneath, or some other block - the quarry should remove either. My only theory is that the quarry just isn't grabbing the blocks fast enough and the water replenishes before the block below is removed... It'd probably work fine if it went from bottom to top rather than top to bottom...

new test... I just finished running it in the nether, a block or two from the bedrock ceiling. in a two by two chunk area, the quarry, with world hole, silk touch, and pump upgrades pumped up a total of 5 buckets of lava... there were many many more blocks left in the hole after it finished...

Last edited:

CED

Jul 29, 2019
So currently having a problem where I can't seem to left click and move items in my inventory. I have reset controls and nothing seems to work. Any advice?

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to disable the smelting wood into charcoal so that you have to use the Railcraft Coke Oven?

H3nryum

Jul 29, 2019
somethingi want to point out is that on my computer ( phenom 2 x6 8gb ram radeon hd 7770 2gb) the computer starts to lag out after about 20-30 minutes, what is happening is that the launcher is for some reason eating up all the processor, kill the launcher and keep minecraft open and it is fine.. hmm.. i need to bug report it.

H3nryum

Jul 29, 2019
ive tried 6gb and 3gb ram settings, ive disabled map mods all together then found the java processes that was running up the usage was actually to the launcher not the game..

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. I have been on the IC2 forums and read their Nuclear Engineering thread. I still have many unanswered questions:

1. While browsing this list of good reactor designs: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7681
Some designs have venting components placed adjacent to fuel rods. And this seems to be important. But others have the vents on one side of the reactor with hardly any touching the fuel rods. wtf gives!?

2. Is there any structure to the 5x5x5 reactor? Or is the empty space simply consumed by the "generic" block (pressure vessel or some such) to fill out the space?

3. Does a good direct EU reactor make a good 5x reactor?

4. Breeder reactors do not seem to be a thing in the IC2 in DW20. Instead plutonium is harvested from depleted MOX fuel rods?

re 2: What I remember from experimentation a while ago: I think you build a 5x5x5 hull out of the pressure vessel blocks and fill the space inside with the 6-chamber reactor, so there are 20 empty spaces inside. In the hull you need a hatch, and coolant ports.

re 3: no, I don't think so. There are some components that have a tooltip "Does not work in a fluid reactor" or such. I think it comes down to where the heat is transferred to, for the fluid reactor it should be dissipated into the hull, while in an EU reactor the hull would slowly overheat and melt.

One problem I found is that it's quite easy to build a reactor that produces lots of hot coolant, but the heat exchangers and heat generators available are quite feeble. So you need to spam lots of exchangers and stirling (or steam) generators. AFAIK there will be new multiblock heat exchangers etc. to fix that, but they are not implemented yet.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a bug with Big Reactors arround bedrock level and switching dimensions? everytime i go into a different dimension my reactor looses all fuel in the slots and drops to ~ 60% fuel or is this a known bug(mechanic) iam just not aware off

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to disable the smelting wood into charcoal so that you have to use the Railcraft Coke Oven?
It should be possible with Minetweaker. I think you can disable all smelting recipes that result in charcoal.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
updated to 1.0.3. None of my tesseracts were working. I am wondering if it has something to do with how I updated the server. I downloaded a fresh server. Got it set up. Then moved over only the server.properties and save file.

Just took down at least 12 tesseracts and replaced them with the ender io counterpart. Was to put off by the problem to really think it through. So just cheated up the new ones. Didn't connect having four of them already to the fact I could have got a minimum of stuff up and running till I made more. May need to delete this save and go back to a backup to try that out.