Direwolf20 1.6.4 Optifine Won't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corinanth

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine is not incompatible with biomes o plenty only with the World Core jar used for single player world generation. if your playing on SMP you can just pull the world core file in 1.6.4 folder and biomes o plenty will work fine

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine is not incompatible with biomes o plenty only with the World Core jar used for single player world generation. if your playing on SMP you can just pull the world core file in 1.6.4 folder and biomes o plenty will work fine
You realize that BoP re-downloads the file each time you start the game, right?

andrew19902013

Jul 29, 2019
You realize that BoP re-downloads the file each time you start the game, right?
Just create a .bat file that launches FTB after deleting the world core file and it'll work fine. Don't ask me why it works it just does. I found this in another forum thread a few days ago that i can no longer find otherwise i'd link it.

Mitsab

Jul 29, 2019
On mu computer optifine worked but i have a sort of bug, pieces of mob models,sings and chests are dissapearing
(Sorry for bad englis im form holland)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
On mu computer optifine worked but i have a sort of bug, pieces of mob models,sings and chests are dissapearing
(Sorry for bad englis im form holland)
I think I had this as well when playing around with a few settings. I think it is caused by "Random mobs" under Quality settings. Make sure that is turned off, restart the client completely and that fixed it for me.

neo123123

Jul 29, 2019
okok let's just end the topic here... optifine won't work with direwof 1.6.4 or anyother modpack that uses Tinker's Construct simply because mDiyo says on the tinker's construct page on minecraft forum that they don't support optifine or anyother mod like optifine because it destroys the border texture and makes the tools look like sh1t... so stop compleining and live without optifine( i personaly need it cause my pc sucks and i havent played minecraft for a while now cause of this fact...)

andrew19902013

Jul 29, 2019
okok let's just end the topic here... optifine won't work with direwof 1.6.4 or anyother modpack that uses Tinker's Construct simply because mDiyo says on the tinker's construct page on minecraft forum that they don't support optifine or anyother mod like optifine because it destroys the border texture and makes the tools look like sh1t... so stop compleining and live without optifine( i personaly need it cause my pc sucks and i havent played minecraft for a while now cause of this fact...)
If you follow sp614x's twitter he posted that the D1 version for 1.6.4 fixes the incompatibilities. I've tried it and it works fine for me. here's the tweet if you want it.
https://twitter.com/sp614x/statuses/436884194325958657

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
If you follow sp614x's twitter he posted that the D1 version for 1.6.4 fixes the incompatibilities. I've tried it and it works fine for me. here's the tweet if you want it.
gamercat_reaction_intensifies.gif

PRAISE LORD HELIX FOR THIS BLESSING, MAY THE OPTIFINE THREADS AND MY PC'S CRAPPY FPS END

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, Im using faithful pack ( for ftb ) and I get random cave xrays where blocks go invsible and the only way to get rid of it is to step out ofthe see through blocks, anyone got any tips?

FalseTetrabyte

Jul 29, 2019

I'm not seeing this download on the official Optifine thread anywhere, and if I use the D1 listed for 1.7.4, obviously FTB doesn't like it (crashes the entire thing out, never starts Minecraft itself)

Do you know where the link is? I've scoured that post and I just don't see it.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not seeing this download on the official Optifine thread anywhere, and if I use the D1 listed for 1.7.4, obviously FTB doesn't like it (crashes the entire thing out, never starts Minecraft itself)

Do you know where the link is? I've scoured that post and I just don't see it.
Look at 1.6.4 versions...

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

FalseTetrabyte

Jul 29, 2019
It should be [1.7.4] Optifine D1 (FPS...) (note that is not the complete title) ultra and standard are backported to 1.6.4 so if that is not the name it is the wrong MCF thread
Official thread:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...d1-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/

Ok, and that's the one I tried when I mentioned it above. As soon as I put the file in the proper folder, FTB launcher quits when I try to launch the game. I'll keep playing with it, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing the explicit "1.6.4 D1" download. Thanks for the help.

Edit - I've tried all of the D1 files,(even tried the 1.7.5 file just in case) and they all result in the same thing - FTB launcher crashes when it gets to Optifine. /sigh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.