Direwolf20 1.6.4 Optifine Won't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
For FTB all I did was add it through ftb (in mods) and then went to the advanced options and for additional java parameters I put

"-Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true"

That should be about it.

Crumpit47

Jul 29, 2019
For FTB all I did was add it through ftb (in mods) and then went to the advanced options and for additional java parameters I put

"-Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true"

That should be about it.

That still didnt work any more help and know how do we play it with our fps being at 3 for us that have sucky computer do we not play it anymore

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
In the launcher: Edit modpack, jarmods, add mod, choose the zip file. Then add the parameters.

Reactions: dwappo

SissyRoo

Jul 29, 2019

Crumpit47

Jul 29, 2019
I can show you the world...shining shimmering..I fixed iiiit.

1. Download Optifine C8: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...c7-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/
2. Download this Optifine patch from the shaders forum that effectively fixes Optifines FML loading: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...nix/page__st__4600__p__24582828#entry24582828
3. Patch Opifines .jar with the files inside optfinefml.7z.
4. Put patched Optifine jar in /mods folder.
5. ???
6. Profit?

IT works

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, I guess no more playing FTB for me I guess.
Cp, I have an XP machine, 3 gig memory, 512 meg graphics card, using a custom mod pack with 134 loaded mods, and a 64x texture pack, with no problems without optifine (apart from having to use a server to handle the cpu load).

Many more mods are now not supporting Optifine, with warnings against it in their posts/websites.
Just have to bite the bullet that not use Optifine in a heavily modded environment. I personally only used it for CTM, random mobs and custom colours. But with all the changes in mods, I've discovered I can live without these features, the world is not as bland as it used to be, and many mods have CTM alternative blocks you can craft.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Part of my crash log:

2013-12-10 15:56:17 [INFO] [STDOUT] TConstruct Environment: DO NOT REPORT THIS CRASH! Unsupported mods in environment: optifine

it seems you're misinterpreting the message. it says if you get a crash with TiC with Optifine installed, don't bother reporting it as the problem is most probably caused by Optifine.
there's no mod out there who deliberately crashes minecraft because optifine is installed, and I know for sure if there is a mod who would do that, FTB wouldn't use it in their packs.

Reactions: kaovalin and dwappo

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Wrong.

I've got Optifine and TiCo running just fine in my own dev version of Minecraft. It will throw an error, but that won't halt or crash the game. It's just that mDyio won't provide any support to anyone with Optifine installed, so he's basically telling you 'if you crash, don't bother sending me a bug report until you have removed Optifine and tried again'.

And way too many lens flares.

Friends don't let friends Lens Flare.
Ah, thanks for that clarification :3
I did misinterpret that lol

cpfuzzy

Feb 19, 2013
WARNING USE WITH CAUTION!

Guide for people who PM'd me.

1. Click here and download C6 version of Optifine. (I personally used OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_C6.jar)
2. Start the DW20 pack and get to the main Minecraft screen.
3. Click Options > Resource Packs > Open resource pack folder.
4. Go back one level to the Minecraft folder and you should see a folder called mods. Place the Optifine jar file into the mods folder. Restart minecraft and Optifine will be installed.
5. DIAMONDS!

Use this guys method.

SgtMathias

Jul 29, 2019
I can show you the world...shining shimmering..I fixed iiiit.

1. Download Optifine C8: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...c7-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/
2. Download this Optifine patch from the shaders forum that effectively fixes Optifines FML loading: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...nix/page__st__4600__p__24582828#entry24582828
3. Patch Opifines .jar with the files inside optfinefml.7z.
4. Put patched Optifine jar in /mods folder.
5. ???
6. Profit?

This seems to be working perfectly. Thank you!

lordoftheunholy

Jul 29, 2019
HazDs i used your method but now ill be doing anything. I can be walking mining crafting it doesn't matter it just crashes

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
HazDs i used your method but now ill be doing anything. I can be walking mining crafting it doesn't matter it just crashes

The FTB team released a statement on Twitter stating that the pack is not compatible with Optifine. There are some cases where it works for users, but this isn't a universal theme and shouldn't be expected to work. It should be seen as a lucky break should it actually work.

Ewokz750

Jul 29, 2019
While that fix has helped, I'm still crashing due to a ProjectRed render bug when viewing its items. Anyone else getting this?

E: Only options appears to be disabling the lighting part of ProjectRed. If someone knows of a better fix I'll be all ears.

Last edited:

LiamHammett

Jul 29, 2019
I've just tried out the Optifine method used above along with FPS+ and my FPS raised by about 20 with the appropriate settings on the pack. I've went through mods that I know have/had issues with Optifine such as MPS, Ars Magica 2, and Tinker's Construct, and other things with custom rendering, and they're all working fine without disabling the appropriate things in the configs.

While that fix has helped, I'm still crashing due to a ProjectRed render bug when viewing its items. Anyone else getting this?

E: Only options appears to be disabling the lighting part of ProjectRed. If someone knows of a better fix I'll be all ears.

It's working fine for me when I view anything in ProjectRed, what does the error log say?

Last edited:

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Chickenchunks also appears to randomly crash with Optifine D6 as well.

As I've said before, I feel there needs to be a simple mod that gives the CTM and random mobs.etc functionality. MCpatcher is apparently Forge compatible now, but you have to use their launcher with it. There doesn't appear to be a standalone version that can manually be installed for those of us who use the FTB launcher or MultiMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.