Direwolf20 1.6.4 Optifine Won't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casketman

Jul 29, 2019
2013-12-21 23:14:07 [SEVERE] [TConstruct] [Environment Checks] Optifine detected. This is a Bad Thing(tm) and can crash Minecraft due to an Optifine bug during TCon armor renders!

I wish the finger pointing would stop so whatever needs to be fixed can be fixed and people can optimize the game they enjoy playing.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
2013-12-21 23:14:07 [SEVERE] [TConstruct] [Environment Checks] Optifine detected. This is a Bad Thing(tm) and can crash Minecraft due to an Optifine bug during TCon armor renders!

I wish the finger pointing would stop so whatever needs to be fixed can be fixed and people can optimize the game they enjoy playing.

Optifine is the one who needs to fix things, but the mod developers refuse to do so as it'd require a large rewriting of the mod, but other mod developers keep getting crash reports about Optifine while it's not even their fault... this is still a nice way for those mod developers to tell you to not bother them with crash reports involving optifine

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried googling a bit but came up empty and I've not experienced a crash with Optifine + TConstruct even with TConstruct armor, so I'm wondering:

A) Does this crash even still happen in the most minimal testcase? (i.e. Forge+FML+OptiFine HD C8 Ultra _WITH_ the FML Patch+latest TConstruct)
B) Assuming A is true, where can I find some more information on this, so I can be extremely annoying about it over in the Optifine thread on Minecraft Forums? :D
C) Assuming A is false, are there any other issues between TConstruct & Optifine besides this issue?

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
let's just say like GT (old) optifine can cause a lot of problems with a lot of mods... this includes fluid handlers... so expect fluids peeking through blocks with fluids inside them nothing major but it just gets glitchy... hence some of the problems

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
Again: Is this still the case with the latest version of everything? If so, which way can it be reproduced? This should get fixed, if the fault is at the optifine side (which it probably is), a test case is required to get the Optifine dev to fix it. At the moment, 99% of what I read on the forums in regards to Optifine incompatibilities appears to be hearsay, not fact based.

LightHero

Jul 29, 2019
I've managed to get Optifine running with the patch mentioned above. The only issue I have is, at random times, model textures get whacky (ie chests - either the bottom part of the chest or the top part of the chest "disappears") - It also causes issues with other modeled textures such as....unfortunately...entities (ie mobs/self - parts of the creature (or yourself) will disappear completely leaving a blank spot). Other than that, Optifine runs 'well' for me....those cons tho....ugh.

minerhero98

Jul 29, 2019
I tried installing Optifine on FTB Horizons, but apparently it's not compatible with Tinker's Construct.

Sn0bb

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone gotten the Optifine to work on Monster modpack?
I tried the fixes posted in this thread, MC boots but Optifine doesn't show to be turned on.

Ofcourse this thread is for DW20 1.6.4, but I imagine the two modpacks might share common problems. Wouldn't want to start a new thread when this one already has some nice tips in it.

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
I have it working fine with Monster with the two fixes. If MC boots but Optifine doesn't show, you probably did the FML fix wrong.

Sn0bb

Jul 29, 2019
I have it working fine with Monster with the two fixes. If MC boots but Optifine doesn't show, you probably did the FML fix wrong.

I doubt it, unless the guide was missing critical info. You are only suppose to merge the two zip files together, then normally add it to the mods.
I even tried making it simple way, I extracted the optifine.jar pack to a folder and then extracted the fix zip to the same folder. And then zipped it all the files back into a .jar pack.

After it didn't work out, even with the extra trick of deleting the WorldCore mod, I tried to mix some of the files that had similar filenames(such as OptifineFML folder) within both the fix and optifine pack. Didn't help a bit.

So if I did something wrong, i'm missing some info.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I can show you the world...shining shimmering..I fixed iiiit.

1. Download Optifine C8: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...c7-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/
2. Download this Optifine patch from the shaders forum that effectively fixes Optifines FML loading: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...nix/page__st__4600__p__24582828#entry24582828
3. Patch Opifines .jar with the files inside optfinefml.7z.
4. Put patched Optifine jar in /mods folder.
5. ???
6. Profit?
This worked for me thanks!

EpicCenter

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah ok that does smell a bit like something we have seen before when certain mods added code to make it incompatible with other mods.
If it is true, then why not just let us choose whether or not to use Optifine depending on how severe we found the conflicts.
This is exactly what gregtech done to TiC. This statement is on par with what has happened in recent versions of ftb, this is the end of the modding community!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This is exactly what gregtech done to TiC. This statement is on par with what has happened in recent versions of ftb, this is the end of the modding community!
Hmm well bit of a necro, but it turned out that what I replied to wasn't entirely true. Or the assumptions based on it was not. TiC does in no way prevent people from using Optifine, but since the core of Optifine is no longer compatible with forge, and therefore all the mods, the author would not be bothered with all the bugs associated with running Optifine and therefore put in that warning. Which is quite understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.