Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Mod Pack: DW20 1.0.18
Mod: Unknown
What's the bug?: After Updating the pack, several chunks in my world were reset, causing me to lose many parts of my base. Where there was once a room with machines in it is now a half empty room, half filled with dirt and with holes leading outside.
Can it be repeated: Not by me, I did not have a back up world

I had the same thing happen to me on my server. Fortunately I did have a backup. Reverted back to 1.0.16 and the backup copy then had the player remove all of the machines and other blocks from that chunk. Once he did we updated it didn't reset the chunk. So there was something in there that caused this issue. I don't have a clue what block/tile entity it was.

jhultgre

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: factorization
What's the bug?: I cant get items out of barrels unless I click with my pick. No other items have any effect on getting items out even an empty hand. I swing once then nothing happens. I can break them with the pick but not an axe. After replacing behavior continues exactly the same.
Can it be repeated: yes

Never mind I was in adventure mode for some reason.

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
it's easy to fix. Open your inventory. Left click the Options button in the bottom right. Left click the Inventory button (top option). Now left click the Global button in the top right. And finally right click on the W button next to where is says Recipe mode. This usually changes the mode to Cheat mode.

Now it will function as you expect.

Tried all of that which you wrote above, I repeat, NEI will not actually switch into cheat mode even though the button reads "Cheat Mode" nor will it cheat items in. It does not matter how much I fiddle with NEI's settings, I can't get it to work. Something is borked somewhere and needs fixing. It's certainly more than I can figure out.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

jeroo231

Jul 29, 2019
Tried all of that which you wrote above, I repeat, NEI will not actually switch into cheat mode even though the button reads "Cheat Mode" nor will it cheat items in. It does not matter how much I fiddle with NEI's settings, I can't get it to work. Something is borked somewhere and needs fixing. It's certainly more than I can figure out.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

like if told to many players have you tried to force update your modpack if not try that if not work then remove mods configs and resource's then try it if not work then bug

ps. cheat mode does work for me soo its probably a corrupted file

Mitchrock

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

It may be that cheat mode is disabled in the config for NEI for whatever reason, try going into NEI.cfg using a text editor and editing line 29 "Lockmode" to -1

Draqst

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. im playing with the DW20 1.0.18 and it seems like my redstone energy conduits keeps stop working when i leave my base and it aint chunk loaded by me.. it seems random where it shuts down the power. But for some reason it allways shuts down my AE network and i have to break and replace the ME controller. But it sometimes shuts down to other machines at random and i will have to break and replace all the conduits leading to that machine befor it works again..
Anyone who knows what causes this or anyone who has the same problem?
Thanks in advance

jeroo231

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. im playing with the DW20 1.0.18 and it seems like my redstone energy conduits keeps stop working when i leave my base and it aint chunk loaded by me.. it seems random where it shuts down the power. But for some reason it allways shuts down my AE network and i have to break and replace the ME controller. But it sometimes shuts down to other machines at random and i will have to break and replace all the conduits leading to that machine befor it works again..
Anyone who knows what causes this or anyone who has the same problem?
Thanks in advance

same issue here it still happens if i am chunkloading with chunkloader i thought it was already know and it got fixed in 1.0.18 but apparently not

jeroo231

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits
What's the bug?: If i enchant the armor it give's the enchant in the anvil but as soon as i pull it out the enchantment is gone (also if i use auto anvil and put it on)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Mod: MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits
What's the bug?: If i enchant the armor it give's the enchant in the anvil but as soon as i pull it out the enchantment is gone (also if i use auto anvil and put it on)

MPS isn't supposed to be enchanted - Not a bug.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
like if told to many players have you tried to force update your modpack if not try that if not work then remove mods configs and resource's then try it if not work then bug

ps. cheat mode does work for me soo its probably a corrupted file

http://pastebin.com/EFtNXSqk

Try looking at this pastebin done from a "force update" launch of the DireWolf20 1.6.4 pack and tell me if you can see anything in there that might be stopping NEI from working. Because for me it's still not working and my next step after seeing your response to this pastebin of my launcher's logs will be to try and completely remove the FTB DireWolf20 modpack directory and hopefully reinstall it correctly. I might even try running a scandisk of the hard drive as this has occasionally fixed weird errors I couldn't fix by resetting the modpack itself.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

jeroo231

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/EFtNXSqk

Try looking at this pastebin done from a "force update" launch of the DireWolf20 1.6.4 pack and tell me if you can see anything in there that might be stopping NEI from working. Because for me it's still not working and my next step after seeing your response to this pastebin of my launcher's logs will be to try and completely remove the FTB DireWolf20 modpack directory and hopefully reinstall it correctly. I might even try running a scandisk of the hard drive as this has occasionally fixed weird errors I couldn't fix by resetting the modpack itself.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

line 3070: 2014-03-08 07:28:00 [WARNING] [Not Enough Items] Mod Not Enough Items is missing a pack.mcmeta file, things may not work well

this means something didn't download good and got missing while unpacking/downloading

my qeustion do you have a good internet at the moment
my best bet is trying to remove the mod and reinstall if that not work my best bet is downloading nei(not enough items) from the forums of the mod

Tezorian

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.18
Mod: Unsure.
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash.
What's the bug?: The recipe for turning sawbust (thermal expansion) into paper in the carpenter (forestry for minecraft) does not work, eventhough the recipe is available in NEI. The sawdust dust doesn't show it NEI recipe (u), but paper (r) does show it can be created with sawdust.
Known Fix: Edit a recipe somewhere.

jeroo231

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.18
Mod: Unsure.
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash.
What's the bug?: The recipe for turning sawbust (thermal expansion) into paper in the carpenter (forestry for minecraft) does not work, eventhough the recipe is available in NEI. The sawdust dust doesn't show it NEI recipe (u), but paper (r) does show it can be created with sawdust.
Known Fix: Edit a recipe somewhere.

read good buddy it says EXTRA TREES not thermal expansion before calling bugs read where its from

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
line 3070: 2014-03-08 07:28:00 [WARNING] [Not Enough Items] Mod Not Enough Items is missing a pack.mcmeta file, things may not work well

this means something didn't download good and got missing while unpacking/downloading

my qeustion do you have a good internet at the moment
my best bet is trying to remove the mod and reinstall if that not work my best bet is downloading nei(not enough items) from the forums of the mod

I have a good internet at the moment, it's a high-speed ADSL link. I think I'm on the 1.0.18 update and it seems as if in this version whoever is supposed to update the modpack missed this file you're talking about. Hopefully Jaded or someone can push a fixed modpack download to the launcher so this error can get fixed properly without me having to mess with NEI manually. Because whenever I start messing with unknown files I get problems and have to come back and keep asking questions. If I just wait for them to fix this problem hopefully within a few days I'll have a new version to debug for them! :D

And by the way Jaded, and the other modpack devs, be very thankful that we're not getting paid to beta test this installation for you, because if we were getting paid finding that kind of error would be costing you $100 for myself and jeroo, we'll split it 50/50 thanks! All joking aside, tools for finding stuff-ups in modpacks this easy to spot and fix yourselves would definitely be worth it if Curse does start to offer FTB modpacks via a launcher they develop for you.

Addendum: One thing the launcher definitely needs is to start automatically uploading logs back to you guys with errors like the one jeroo spotted so that they could get automatically parsed by a log scanner and forwarded onto you guys to handle a lot sooner rather than later.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

jeroo231

Jul 29, 2019
I have a good internet at the moment, it's a high-speed ADSL link. I think I'm on the 1.0.18 update and it seems as if in this version whoever is supposed to update the modpack missed this file you're talking about. Hopefully Jaded or someone can push a fixed modpack download to the launcher so this error can get fixed properly without me having to mess with NEI manually. Because whenever I start messing with unknown files I get problems and have to come back and keep asking questions. If I just wait for them to fix this problem hopefully within a few days I'll have a new version to debug for them! :D

And by the way Jaded, and the other modpack devs, be very thankful that we're not getting paid to beta test this installation for you, because if we were getting paid finding that kind of error would be costing you $100 for myself and jeroo, we'll split it 50/50 thanks! All joking aside, tools for finding stuff-ups in modpacks this easy to spot and fix yourselves would definitely be worth it if Curse does start to offer FTB modpacks via a launcher they develop for you.

Addendum: One thing the launcher definitely needs is to start automatically uploading logs back to you guys with errors like the one jeroo spotted so that they could get automatically parsed by a log scanner and forwarded onto you guys to handle a lot sooner rather than later.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

ofc we will share (ssst dont tell him i pull it away and put a fake one in his hand xD)

:) i am quit suprised that its missing something for him but its not for me and the other guy when he said recipe bug i started to laugh so hard that my drink came out of my nose because he was so derping and didn't to the id or image to know its from a different mod :) well i hope its getting fixed but best bet to fix right now is just by downloading it from the forums of the mod

ps. why aren't the recipes harder you can finish everything in like 5 days well thanks for fixing it just luckily it didn't happen to me since i got a bad network

ninja edit: it seems that more mods are missing stuff NEI isn't the only one apparently they are all missing pack.mcmetta

jameseck

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm experiencing a bug with extra utilities' transfer nodes and forge microblocks.

Every time I try and place a cover on a transfer node, the client crashes with the following crash report:

http://pastebin.com/stfye4cv

This happens whether the transfer node is empty/full/connected to an inventory/unconnected/with speed+mining upgrades/without upgrades.

The client crashes as soon as the mouse is over the block containing the transfer node. When restarting the game, I have to spam one of the hotkeys 1-9 to change what I'm are holding to avoid repeated instant crashes.

Covers seem to be fine with transfer pipes, it's just with nodes that the crash occurs.

This is happening with modpack version 1.0.18. I don't believe it was happening in previous versions, but I can't be 100% sure of that.

Thanks

J

jeroo231

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm experiencing a bug with extra utilities' transfer nodes and forge microblocks.

Every time I try and place a cover on a transfer node, the client crashes with the following crash report:

http://pastebin.com/stfye4cv

This happens whether the transfer node is empty/full/connected to an inventory/unconnected/with speed+mining upgrades/without upgrades.

The client crashes as soon as the mouse is over the block containing the transfer node. When restarting the game, I have to spam one of the hotkeys 1-9 to change what I'm are holding to avoid repeated instant crashes.

Covers seem to be fine with transfer pipes, it's just with nodes that the crash occurs.

This is happening with modpack version 1.0.18. I don't believe it was happening in previous versions, but I can't be 100% sure of that.

Thanks

J

i don't believe transfer nodes are supposed to be covered but its definitely not suppose to crash your client so far i can see this has to do with codechicken multipart the scale is to big and that makes your client crash but this a big deal for servers they have to fix this really quick or allot of people are going to have a tp to spawn and that might take a bit before the admins are informed about that bug that the player has (i think this has been a earlier bug since this happened in older versions as well not sure though)

ninja edit:
line 100 till 104:
net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_261_MicroblockEventHandler$_drawBlockHighlight_DrawBlockHighlightEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:39)
at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:108)
at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.onDrawBlockHighlight(ForgeHooksClient.java:237)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1256)

seems like some hooks in the mod got messed up so the render couldn't happen to it and that's a big deal if the mod doesn't know what to do then

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
ofc we will share (ssst dont tell him i pull it away and put a fake one in his hand xD)

:) i am quit suprised that its missing something for him but its not for me and the other guy when he said recipe bug i started to laugh so hard that my drink came out of my nose because he was so derping and didn't to the id or image to know its from a different mod :) well i hope its getting fixed but best bet to fix right now is just by downloading it from the forums of the mod

ps. why aren't the recipes harder you can finish everything in like 5 days well thanks for fixing it just luckily it didn't happen to me since i got a bad network

ninja edit: it seems that more mods are missing stuff NEI isn't the only one apparently they are all missing pack.mcmetta

FYI, I'm still not sure if I have the 1.0.16 installation or the 1.0.18 that was released a few days ago. As you saw in my initial post, the version I see in the dropdown box where you can select a version other than the recommended version is 1.0.18 and the FTB launcher still says I have the 1.0.16 version. So which is correct? I may try messing around with it some more and trying to remove the whole modpack and redownload it, again, although personally I would like to just sit back and wait for the modpack devs to release the fix for this.

If this version is in 1.0.16 I'd want to update to 1.0.18 unfortunately the mod loading process doesn't actually tell the user which version of the modpack it's actually loading. At least not from what I can see in the pastebin. If there's some kind of code it uses that I need to look for, can whoever knows please let me know?

Edit and addendum: I'm redownloading the DireWolf20 modpack now, has anyone else experienced slowdowns at around the 20k mark while the modpack is downloading? Seems a little weird to me but I'm just letting the launcher do it's own thing.

Edit 2 and addendum: I've figured out that by removing the modpack's folder and redownloading it after a reboot - which cleared any file locks on the old files - that the modpack being downloaded is 1.0.18 and that both version number displays are both consistent. That is why a lot of text above was struck through.

However, this still did not fix the problem with NEI. That bug still remains. *sigh*

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.