Unsupported Direwolf 20: 1.6.4 {PUBLIC BETA}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Anchorite

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20
Mod & Version: 1.0.14 (presumably still broken in 1.0.16)
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/AB0zBgzH
Whats the bug? Server crashes on using a compactor pipe from Additional Buildcraft Objects on a Quarry (Buildcraft).
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix: Update Additional Buildcraft Objects to 1.0.7

KrazyBrute

Jul 29, 2019
ModPack: Direwolf20 V1.0.16 1.6.4
Mod + Version: Railcraft
Pastebin: No Crash
Whats the bug: Steam does not give the right texture/look in things such as engines and the multiblock tanks, It gives the appearance of a redstone comparator and now how it used to look.

Mogens Høj

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.17
Mod & Version: Unknown
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash report
Whats the bug? Updating my server 1.017 (from 1.0.16) caused a chunk at someone's base to "reset." All of this stuff in that chunk was replaced by new terrain gen. The chunk also generated as a jungle biome. All biomes surrounding this chunk were original forest or converted to magical forest via silverwoods. The chunk that was reset was previously a magical forest. Tried several attempts to restore the world and region from various backups. All resulted in this chunk being reset.
Known Fix: Revert the mod pack back to 1.0.16 then restore the backup made just prior to the update to 1.0.17. The chunk loaded fine with all of the blocks and equipment that was there prior to the update. So something in the 1.0.17 update is causing this chunk to be reset.

If needed I can provide a copy of the world but it is a 2GB tar file.

I've had this exact same bug today on the server I'm running, when updating to 1.0.17. A single chunk right at my base reset and regenerated with terrain that didn't really fit in with the rest of the biome. More chunks could have been affected, but I didn't see any. Reverting back to 1.0.16 and using a backup of the world prior to running 1.0.17 fixed the problem.

I tried copying in the chunk from older backups with mcedit. A 10 day old backup chunk also got replaced with new terrain, but a 30 day old chunk didn't and seemed to worked fine. So it's something I've placed in that chunk during that period, that makes the chunk regenerate, but I'm not sure what.

UPDATE: I've tracked my problem down to a Transfer Node (Extra Utilities) sucking items from an Auto Workbench (BC Factory). Deleting the Transfer Node solves this problem for me. No problems with my other transfer nodes, only the one connected to the auto workbench. The transfer node or auto workbench has probably changed behavior from DW20 1.0.16 -> 1.0.17/18

Last edited:

kenny1997

Jul 29, 2019
Mod + Version: Railcraft
Pastebin: No Crash
Whats the bug: Steam does not give the right texture/look in things such as engines and the multiblock tanks, It gives the appearance of a redstone comparator and now how it used to look.
If you were to watch direwolf20s videos or just look around a bit you`d know that that bug is already well known and had been reported many a time.

Reactions: KrazyBrute

Mr.BartDeKrab

Jul 29, 2019
If I try to open internet while my minecraft is running (direwolf20 pack) After i click back at minecraft it freezes my computer and crash after 50 seconds It is really annoying. plz some1 help me

kenny1997

Jul 29, 2019
If I try to open internet while my minecraft is running (direwolf20 pack) After i click back at minecraft it freezes my computer and crash after 50 seconds It is really annoying. plz some1 help me
Can we have the crash report? Also next time use the format that others use! Thank you.

PurpleBomber

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Ars Magica 2 v1.1.2b
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash
Whats the bug? Hecates do not move, attack, or despawn.
Can it be repeated? Unknown cause
Known Fix: Unknown

At first I thought this was just a minor issue, but since the Hecates aren't despawning, they're cluttering up the entity count to the point that no other mobs spawn in my vicinity. I had thought overworld mob spawns were broken in general, but generating new chunks gave me back skeletons, creepers, spiders, and so forth. The Hecates in the Nether have the same problem, but they aren't really hindering other mobs from spawning there.

kenny1997

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack: Direwolf20 (1.0.16)
Mod/Mod Version: Factorization 0.8.29 ( and also 0.8.33)
Crash Log:http://pastebin.com/hqTYw4XR
What's the bug: World crashes when coming accros dark iron
Can it be repeated: When you start MC again it crashes again.
Known Fix: Using MCEdit to move the player( but I can't get the dark iron while I'm in need for it)

The dark iron isn't the issue there; the log doesn't show any indication of it. To me it seems like you might need to add the commands to allocate more perm-gem and allocate the required amount of ram to the game. How much are you currently allocating? Also do you have particles on?[DOUBLEPOST=1393799440][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mod & Version: Ars Magica 2 v1.1.2b
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash
Whats the bug? Hecates do not move, attack, or despawn.
Can it be repeated? Unknown cause
Known Fix: Unknown

At first I thought this was just a minor issue, but since the Hecates aren't despawning, they're cluttering up the entity count to the point that no other mobs spawn in my vicinity. I had thought overworld mob spawns were broken in general, but generating new chunks gave me back skeletons, creepers, spiders, and so forth. The Hecates in the Nether have the same problem, but they aren't really hindering other mobs from spawning there.
Does the log show any sort of errors? What version where you before you updated?

RedGrass

Jul 29, 2019
A follow up on my previous post, after methodically removing all wand pedestals, the server no longer crashes on startup. However logging in now gives me this exception:

http://pastebin.com/VNtsDg1C

Looking up how to check the player.dat inventories
Have you found another solution since making this post? I'm doing Thaumcraft on Direwolf20 1.0.17 and would like that pedestal. If it's still causing crashes though I'll try to keep everyone away from it.

Last edited:

PurpleBomber

Jul 29, 2019
Does the log show any sort of errors? What version where you before you updated?

This world was in 1.0.14 initially before I updated to 1.0.16, and the only things I can see in the log about Ars Magica is some missing textures for unimplemented items and incorrect filepaths on some language files.

kenny1997

Jul 29, 2019
This world was in 1.0.14 initially before I updated to 1.0.16, and the only things I can see in the log about Ars Magica is some missing textures for unimplemented items and incorrect filepaths on some language files.
Interesting, I do remember jaded saying that there was a small possibility of some AM bugs when updating sue to changes but I don't think hecats were ever mentioned as an issue> Thats why you should always make backups.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
WARNING:
Hold off with scanning any items with the thaumometer in this version of the modpack (in case you haven't started already); there is a bug in Thaumcraft version 4.1.0d (the version used in the pack) that causes research clues to be lost when logging out of the game. For some things that means that you won't be able to research them any more at all when you acquire a research clue by scanning an item and logging out before doing the unlocked research. Specifically, this is the case for anything requiring one specific item (as opposed to any one of multiple).

For example:
When you research a zombie brain you get the research clue needed for the brain in a jar. If you now log out of the game, the research clue is lost and there is now no way you can do that research anymore, since you can't scan zombie brains again.

Fix:
There is already a fix for this bug in Thaumcraft version 4.1.0e, it just isn't included in the modpack. You can however manually update Thaumcraft by adding the new version to the modpack yourself. Even then, this won't restore any research clues you have already lost, it will only prevent this from happening in the future. Also, it seems the FTB launcher forgets any changes to a modpack when you update it, so even if you have installed the new version of Thaumcraft already, when the pack updates next time you should check whether it includes the fixed version of Thaumcraft before doing any further research.
I'm currently trying to see whether you can use an NBT editor for getting back lost research clues, I'll update this post when I get any results.
(If anyone can tell me how to get an NBT editor running under Linux, that might speed that up)

It would help everyone if you listed what version of the modpack you're actually using. You should list the number that begins with 1.0.xx and list whatever version you have installed on your Linux setup.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Have you found another solution since making this post? I'm doing Thaumcraft on Direwolf20 1.0.17 and would like that pedestal. If it's still causing crashes though I'll try to keep everyone away from it.

There was an issue involving the Ichorium wand from Thaumic Tinkerer. This wand will cause servers to crash if it left in recharge pedestal, osmotic enchanter, work table, etc. It will cause just your client to crash if the wand is in your inventory somewhere. When I went through this I had to remove all of the wand recharge stations, one osmotic enchanter, edit one player.dat file, and also edit the contents of an ender pouch. Once the issue was fixed I had to replace all of the wands I deleted.

AntiTheta

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.16
Mod & Version: translocators, or buildcraft, or projectred
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/Nw0vY4Vb
Whats the bug? I built a mining platform similar to the one from direwolf20's S6E42. created the translocator crafting grid. got the first crash in that pastebin. restarted minecarft, placed another crafting grid with no problem, attempted to craft red alloy wire in it and got the second crash when I tried pacing the first red alloy ingot in it. this time the save is not showing up in the world list.
Can it be repeated? I have attempted to repeat in a new world and have not succeeded in reproducing it. I will continue to try reproducing it and fixing my world tomorrow and update if I find a solution or definite cause.
Known Fix: none yet.

kenny1997

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.16
Mod & Version: translocators, or buildcraft, or projectred
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/Nw0vY4Vb
Whats the bug? I built a mining platform similar to the one from direwolf20's S6E42. created the translocator crafting grid. got the first crash in that pastebin. restarted minecarft, placed another crafting grid with no problem, attempted to craft red alloy wire in it and got the second crash when I tried pacing the first red alloy ingot in it. this time the save is not showing up in the world list.
Can it be repeated? I have attempted to repeat in a new world and have not succeeded in reproducing it. I will continue to try reproducing it and fixing my world tomorrow and update if I find a solution or definite cause.
Known Fix: none yet.
Thats been fixed in the v18 of the pack. See Jaded`s twitter or latest changelogs. And as for your world not showing up, it has become corrupted. But do not fear, you can retrieve it again!

Last edited:

MKellerBR

Jul 29, 2019
Because we removed the 1.0.17 version of the launcher?
I see that some servers were using her and now will be forced to change version!
However, there are servers that the team takes too long to update them!
Please, is there a way to keep the versions, even with problems in the listing of Launcher? Like for example 1.0.17!

thank you

kenny1997

Jul 29, 2019
Because we removed the 1.0.17 version of the launcher?
I see that some servers were using her and now will be forced to change version!
However, there are servers that the team takes too long to update them!
Please, is there a way to keep the versions, even with problems in the listing of Launcher? Like for example 1.0.17!

thank you
The most probable reason for its removal is the fact that the bug in translcator mods, kept crashing frequently and corrupted worlds!

Anaerin

Jul 29, 2019
Thats been fixed in the v18 of the pack. See Jaded`s twitter or latest changelogs. And as for your world not showing up, it has become corrupted. But do not fear, you can retrieve it again!
There's a v1.0.18? 'cause I only see 1.0.17. Though it seems that the launcher is having problems connecting to the repo (Or, indeed, anywhere), as it's getting "Connection refused:
Code:
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.3.5)
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
Java version: 1.7.0_51
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version: 24.51-b03 by Oracle Corporation
Launcher Install Dir: C:\Users\Robert\Documents\FTB
System memory: 11152M free, 16253M total
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
Java Version: 1.7.0_51 sorted as: 1.7.0_51 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
Java Version: 1.7.0_51 sorted as: 1.7.0_51 64 Bit Java at : C:\WINDOWS\system32\java.exe
Preferred: Java Version: 1.7.0_51 sorted as: 1.7.0_51 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
debug: AuthlibDLWorker: Loading Authlib...
Downloading Jars
Connection refused: connect: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Connecting.. Try 1 of 5 for: https://libraries.minecraft.net/com/mojang/authlib/1.4.2/authlib-1.4.2.jar
Adding Authlib to Classpath
From Console: Exception in thread "Thread-1"
From Console: java.lang.NullPointerException
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.dialogs.AdvancedOptionsDialog.setDownloadServers(AdvancedOptionsDialog.java:109)
From Console: at net.ftb.util.DownloadUtils.run(DownloadUtils.java:307)
[i18n] Could not retrieve version info, skipping update.: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Connection refused: connect: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Adding pack 1 (Monster)
Adding pack 2 (Direwolf20)
Adding pack 3 (Horizons)
Adding pack 4 (Tech World 2)
Adding pack 5 (Magic World 2)
Adding pack 6 (FTBLite2)
Adding pack 7 (FTB Unleashed)
Adding pack 8 (FTB Ultimate)
Adding pack 9 (FTB Lite)
Adding pack 10 (MagicFarm2)
Adding pack 11 (BloodNBones)
Adding pack 12 (New World Mod Pack)
Adding pack 13 (Voxel)
Adding pack 14 (Infamy)
Adding pack 15 (Lapito's Galacticraft Modpack)
Adding pack 16 (Direwolf20 1.5 v2)
Adding pack 17 (Direwolf20 Pack)
Adding pack 18 (MindCrack Pack)
Adding pack 19 (YogCraft Modpack)
Adding pack 20 (FTB Unhinged)
Adding pack 21 (RPG Immersion Pack)
Adding pack 22 (BronyModPack)
Adding pack 23 (Ampz Modpack)
Adding pack 24 (VoxelModPack)
Adding pack 25 (Magic Farm)
Adding pack 26 (Magic World)
Adding pack 27 (Tech World)
Adding pack 28 (Pax Challenge Pack)
Adding pack 29 (Feed The Beast Retro SSP)
Adding pack 30 (Feed The Beast Retro SMP)
Adding pack 31 (Slow's Stream Pack)
Adding pack 32 (Feed The Beast Beta Pack A)
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...

Tezorian

Jul 29, 2019
Any advice on removing the ichorium wand from the AE system? Or know how to fix the crash issue? (Using 1.0.18 now btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.