Unsupported Direwolf 20: 1.6.4 {PUBLIC BETA}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
yeah but it wont have all the mods that are in direwolf20 :/
besides it looks boring...and 1.4.7

FTBLite 2 is a small foundation pack, it runs easily on 32 bit and with the universal configs its easy to add a few more of your favorite mods and still have it run smoothly.

There is no way to run any of the other packs on 32 bit.

Anaerin

Jul 29, 2019
This has to be a joke.
"Not everyone has a massive monster of a computer"
I HAVE A XPS 420...and runs 4 GB of ram!
Yes. And you're running a 32-bit operating system. Due to architectural limitations, 32-bit operating systems can't access any more than 3.5GB of RAM. And the 32-bit version of Java is even more limited, in that it maxes out at around 1.5GB usable memory. It is not the FTB team's fault your computer can't handle the (extremely complex) demands you're trying to put on it.
Oh, and 4GB of RAM is not "Monster". I've got a middle-to-high-end rig, and I'm running 16GB. These days 4GB is the minimum needed to run most games.
Your computer was "Monster" (Or close to it) back in 2007, when it was first made. It's now 6 years old. That's more than a lifetime in computer terms. Chances are, you can't play Skyrim, Far Cry 3 or Battlefield 4 either. Again, this is not the fault of the games manufacturers.

Reactions: [JBG]Magikarp

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
The specs for my computer :

I7 3770k
32GB 2133 RAM
2 250GB Cherryville SSD's
2TB regular old boring HD
4 GB GTX 680
Liquid cooled
1200w psu
Maximum Extreme V motherboard

Slow's computer is similar. When we say "monster computer" we are referenceing specs greater than or equal to the above.

[DOUBLEPOST=1390847594][/DOUBLEPOST]
http://puu.sh/6AgJV.jpg got it to work via doing 1.6+ launcher with just installer forge TAKE THAT SOCIETY

Awesome let us know how playing goes for you.

MrScrith

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.11 1.6.4
Mod & Version... several
What's the Bug?
Right & Left Clicks aren't working correctly for some items

Vanilla: Unable to punch material (sand/stone/dirt/wood/etc) This wasn't the case at first (I was able to punch wood/etc when I started) but I'm unable to now.
Forestry: Unable to break Hives with any tool (tried nearly all of them) in hand or with punching, only thing that works is to place an Autonomous Activator with a scoop to break it.
Forestry: Unable to interact with Barrels with empty hand, only able to get items if I'm hitting it with a pick.
OpenBlocks: Unable to click on a tank filled with liquid XP and get any XP
Ars Magica 2: Unable to retrieve a book from a lectern, everything works but in order to remove the book I need to break the lectern and replace it.

Game runs ok (other than graphic glitching that fixes on closing and reopening), I just can't do certain things for no apparent reason.

FTB version 1.3.4
Java: 1.7.0_45
OSX 10.9.1
Launched using command: java -jar FTB_Launcher.jar -nojvm -Xmx4G

Anaerin

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.11 1.6.4
Mod & Version... several
What's the Bug?
Right & Left Clicks aren't working correctly for some items

Vanilla: Unable to punch material (sand/stone/dirt/wood/etc) This wasn't the case at first (I was able to punch wood/etc when I started) but I'm unable to now.
Forestry: Unable to break Hives with any tool (tried nearly all of them) in hand or with punching, only thing that works is to place an Autonomous Activator with a scoop to break it.
Forestry: Unable to interact with Barrels with empty hand, only able to get items if I'm hitting it with a pick.
OpenBlocks: Unable to click on a tank filled with liquid XP and get any XP
Ars Magica 2: Unable to retrieve a book from a lectern, everything works but in order to remove the book I need to break the lectern and replace it.

Game runs ok (other than graphic glitching that fixes on closing and reopening), I just can't do certain things for no apparent reason.

FTB version 1.3.4
Java: 1.7.0_45
OSX 10.9.1
Launched using command: java -jar FTB_Launcher.jar -nojvm -Xmx4G
You're in Adventure mode. Switch to Survival mode.

Spidercrusher

Jul 29, 2019
Stone tools don't smelt to seared stone. Anything can be placed in and heated but if there's nothing for it to turn into it just stays there.

According to NEI, Stone tool parts like the Stone Axe Head can be smelted into 8 mB Seared Stone using the Smeltery..
I don't mind if I can't smelt the stone tool parts, it's just a bit confusing :)

IcepickJosh

Jul 29, 2019
Your world is corrupted. You'll have to start new, or restore from a backup.

Just to report, my game crashed last night and I'm now also seeing the UTF8DataFormatException. I back all my files up to Dropbox and I am going to try to restore to a previous version of the files. Is there a specific file or files that will help improve my chances of finding the problem quickly?

Nazgulgnome

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else unable to interact with autarchic gates? I also can't get my steam engines to connect properly with TE fluiducts. The graphic was there, but no steam was transmitted into the engines.

codest19

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 (.11)
Mod: Modular Powersuits
Whats the bug? Power suit pieces and fist randomly disappear. First time I had a full suit, battery and jump on leggings, nothing on anything else and the chest disappeared. Second time I had just installed a railgun on the fist, only thing on it, and it disappeared after first shot. Third time was the helmet, had thaumcraft, logistics pipes, and night vision on it.
Known Fix: Items that have disappeared I have cheated in and put the same modules they had on and they haven't disappeared yet.

Anaerin

Jul 29, 2019
Still crashing now...i dont wanna do lite because it looks too boring
Yes. It's crashing because you don't have enough available RAM. This has already been explained to you, and there is absolutely nothing that any of us can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.