Did you banned turtles from your world yet ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
No...
If I said you did a task wrongly then you didn't do the task right. If I said you did the task wrong, then it is an ungrammatical way of saying the same thing.
But if I said you did the wrong task, then you didn't do the right task, instead of you did the right task, but you didn't do it correctly (I feel I may be confusing people again)

But if you do something that IS wrong, then yes, it is bad and/or immoral. But you can say "he wrongly went about asking for coitus" would be he is doing something that is immoral, but you could say that sentence as "he went about asking for coitus the wrong way" which could mean he is doing something immoral, or he just is inept at asking for said pleasure :p

U got summit 2 sey bout mah punctuation, eh? say it t mah face! (That hurt to type)
What do you mean?

Bolded the comma's and periods that where off in your statement. Not that you can see that,but...

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Full stops, my friend, we call the full stops... Periods are the thing that causes blood to come from the females of our species.
And no, I couldn't see the commas or full stops, but I am pretty sure they were all in ship shape :/

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Actually we are both right

Period (tenth definition)
the point or character (.) used to mark the end of a declarative sentence, indicate an abbreviation, etc.; full stop.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Full stops, my friend, we call the full stops... Periods are the thing that causes blood to come from the females of our species.
And no, I couldn't see the commas or full stops, but I am pretty sure they were all in ship shape :/

And this is the definition you get from the urban dictionary

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
I dare you to make program that can :
  1. Mine resources
  2. Process resources
  3. Craft other turtles that can mine resources and process them
  4. And to be able to put that program in other turles
Until you get invasion of crazie turtles that are gonna hunt you.
pls -_-

Reactions: pc_assassin

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
And this is the definition you get from the urban dictionary

No, it's the definition I know because I am English, and in England the common slang for that is a period.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
for example French say the car red
Let me prove your wrong and how french is more complex ;) . In french words have a gender. we say.

Une voiture, une bagnolle, une automobile or un char. All synonymous for "car" and yes you'll notice one of them is of masculin gender despite describing the same thing.

Next, both "voiture rouge" and "rouge voiture" is purely grammatically correct and there is NO RULES at all against any of them. However if you were to say the later, you'd sound like an idiot. To spice the things up, we'd say "une belle voiture" (a pretty car) and never "une voiture belle". This time the adjectif is before the word, despite both being grammatically correct and as far as I know there is no written rule about that.

Thank you, always appreciate being corrected. :)

Reactions: Vasa and Wagon153

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Next, both "voiture rouge" and "rouge voiture" is purely grammatically correct and there is NO RULES at all against any of them. However if you were to say the later, you'd sound like an idiot.
Pardon my memory, it has been a fair amount of time since I have had to speak French and I have forgotten a lot of the "rules" of the language. But as you say "Le rouge voiture est merde en Francais, mais le voiture rouge est oki en Francais est aussie en Anglais" :p (I am SO sorry if I butchered your language there)
But you got what I meant, although you can say <adjective> <noun> in French, it doesn't sound right. And I know about the gender systems... that was the one thing I was very good at remembering, whether a word was masculine/feminine (I like how penis is feminine and vagina is masculine, if I remember rightly).

There you go "common slang"

And yes it's slang, but a "." is still a full stop :p
"In American English, period is the term for the punctuation mark used to end declarative sentences. In British English, the mark is usually called a full stop."

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I think we have pushed this thread to far from its original intent. Can we please re-rail it?